N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

Citi2007 said:
sy2006: Thanks for sharing your insights.

its_me_73: Please post your interview experience when done. Will you be inquiring about name check completion and oath scheduling?

Alex_I: Hope to hear good news from you soon...

I certainly will. I am out of the country now. Be back in the country for the interview. I will inquire about name check and oath too.
Thank you

Citi2007 said:
sy2006: Thanks for sharing your insights.

its_me_73: Please post your interview experience when done. Will you be inquiring about name check completion and oath scheduling?

Alex_I: Hope to hear good news from you soon...

Citi2007, thanks for the well wishes. No news on my end yet. My wife just had her FP's a few days ago so I will see how fast her case is gonna be. I am still waiting for my IL. It's more than 3 months now for me since my FP (6/7/06).

Alex_I: Is your case status still showing up online? Since its over three months from your FP, have you tried infopass etc.?

its_me_73: How do you plan to handle traffic tickets? Did you mention any on your application? Are you going to carry any documentation?

Citi2007 said:
Alex_I: Is your case status still showing up online? Since its over three months from your FP, have you tried infopass etc.?

its_me_73: How do you plan to handle traffic tickets? Did you mention any on your application? Are you going to carry any documentation?

My case is still showing online. It's 3.5 months since FP. I may wait some more time before trying to get an infopass. My guess is that it's a name check delay. The thing is that an infopass won't help in anything other than confirming the reason for the delay. I hate wasting time and driving all the way and waiting to just be told what I know!!

Alex_I said:
Anything new from anyone here? No updates for me or my wife.
Hi, Alex I & all folk,
No news for me, too. But I have one neighborhood's timeline to share here:

N-400 TSC/Houston
09/05/2006 Sent
09/08/2006 Received
09/08/2006 PD
09/16/2006 NOA(Notice on 09/12/2006)
09/19/2006 FP(Notice on 09/14/2006)
09/23/2006 FP Appointment

My Timeline

PD: Oct 20, 2005
FingerPrint: Nov.30, 2005
Interview: Jan 5, 2006

Pending due to Name Check

Citi2007 said:

I did not mention about traffic tickets. I got two tickets in 10 years. Both of them recent though and for speeding. I do have the letter form the court saying that my case was dismissed since I took defensive driving course. For the other ticket, I have the receipt of the payment that I made online. In addition, I also have driving records for the last 10 years. Guys, could you please chime in and let me know if this would be sufficient?

Thanks

I did not mention any tickets either, based on the form instructions. I had 3 tickets (excl. one dismissed in court) out of which one is paid, another defensive driving course and last one part paid & part course. I have receipts for all payments, copies of course certificates & print outs from the courts on ticket status. And the DPS certified driving record, of course. Will take it all along to the interview, but will not volunteer to IO unless asked very specifically for details. Wife has no tickets.

Yara_Dildara said:
where it is mentioned on the form instructions that one doesn't need to mention traffic tickets? What mentioned is-don't need to submit documents if fine for traffic tickets was less than $500. Form clearly asks for revealing all citations.

Thanks for your opinion. And you have heard mine. End of discussion. :cool:

Finally my online status disappeared today with a last update date for today. It's 4 months minus 5 days since I had my FP's. Hopefully my IL would arrive shortly rather than any surprises. I am assuming that the delay is because of name check but it's just an assumption, who knows!! Here is my updated timeline

Self
PD: 5/1/06
FP: 6/7/06
Status disappeared: 10/2/06

Wife
PD: 8/11/06
FP: 9/9/06

Alex_I said:
Finally my online status disappeared today with a last update date for today. It's 4 months minus 5 days since I had my FP's. Hopefully my IL would arrive shortly rather than any surprises. I am assuming that the delay is because of name check but it's just an assumption, who knows!! Here is my updated timeline

Self

Wife
Congrationlation, Alex I! Hope you will get IL sooner. Please keep updated, thanks!
By the way, may I know what is your FP Notice date?

LKBECTZ said:
Congrationlation, Alex I! Hope you will get IL sooner. Please keep updated, thanks!
By the way, may I know what is your FP Notice date?

Thanks LKBECTZ. My FP notice date was 5/16/06, mailed by TSC on 5/18/06, and received by me on 5/20/06 for a FP date of 6/7/06.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex_I said:

Self

Wife

Good news. Give it about 7 to 10 days and you should get the IL. If the delay was due to name check, at least you can be hopeful there won't be further delays after the interview...

Since my service center is Texas Service Center, I am posting my timeline here also.
But my servicing sub-office is Charlotte, NC.

My time line -
Jun/4/06 N-400 mailed to Texas Service Center
Jun/14/06 FP letter received
July/8/06 FP done at Charlotte
July/18/06 Interview letter received
Aug/28/06 Interview in morning at Charlotte office
Aug/28/06 Oath in afternoon

Total time less than 3 months.

alt said:
Since my service center is Texas Service Center, I am posting my timeline here also.
But my servicing sub-office is Charlotte, NC.

My time line -
Jun/4/06 N-400 mailed to Texas Service Center
Jun/14/06 FP letter received
July/8/06 FP done at Charlotte
July/18/06 Interview letter received
Aug/28/06 Interview in morning at Charlotte office
Aug/28/06 Oath in afternoon

Total time less than 3 months.

alt: Thanks for sharing.

That is real fast, since you had same day oath. Unfortunately it is not so in Houston :( We end up losing a month (or 2).

Two questions -
1. What was your priority date (PD) ?
2. Was the day of your oath before or after your 5 (or 3) years completion?

Citi2007 said:
alt: Thanks for sharing.

That is real fast, since you had same day oath. Unfortunately it is not so in Houston :( We end up losing a month (or 2).

Two questions -
1. What was your priority date (PD) ?
2. Was the day of your oath before or after your 5 (or 3) years completion?

Yes, I was told later it was a fortunate coincidence for me to have taken the oath same day, since the Charlotte sub-office has oaths only once a month.

I had started my citizenship process only after completing my 5 yrs (in April 2006).
Another thing - my GC (card itself) had my "resident since" date 2 yrs earlier than the date I actually had gotten my GC. So I had earlier thought I could have applied for my naturalization 2 yrs ago too. But then I had enquired from USCIS and was told to ingore the "misprint" on my card and go by my actual date of GC, which was in Apr 2001.

LKBECTZ said:
Hi, Alex I & all folk,
No news for me, too. But I have one neighborhood's timeline to share here:

N-400 TSC/Houston
09/05/2006 Sent
09/08/2006 Received
09/08/2006 PD
09/16/2006 NOA(Notice on 09/12/2006)
09/19/2006 FP(Notice on 09/14/2006)
09/23/2006 FP Appointment

LKBECTZ: Any news about your neighbor? Case status disappeared yet?