N400 Timeline: Houston, TEXAS

submitted - Jan 09
Received - Jan 13
Check cashed - Jan 17
FP letter - Feb 07
FP date - Feb 28

Last edited by a moderator:
workhomes2003, no luck yet with my interview letter. I will update my timeline info, if it ever arrives:)

ournyla, what was your PD please?

texancanadian, you could try the 800 Cust Svc number or perhaps make an Infopass appointment, but don't expect too much from either...

oath

Well Houston my PD was June 13 (New Orleans)
Case transfered to Houston due to Katrina Nov. 15
Interview: Jan.3, 2006
Oath ????? ( Waiting for name check, could take 1 day or one year that was according to an officer)

Have you received your Oath Letter yet, Ournyla? I had my interview on Jan 19 - still waiting for Oath Letter.

Anyone who was interviewed in Houston In January, please post if Oath Letter has been received.

Thanks!

I haven't recieve oath letter yet, it is kind of furustrating my interview was on Jan.3. I hope to get oath for the next oath cermony on March 29th. let see how it goes.

I hope that i don't have to file writ after 120 days. mainbheecitizen,what did your interviewer told you about the oath, did she give you any expected date?

Thanks for responding, Ournyla. I hope both of us (and other people waiting) get their Oath letters soon.

At the interview, my officer told me that I was "likely" to go to the Oath Ceremony in March. I asked if I could choose the Oath ceremony - he replied that it was better to go to the one that was scheduled.

Attached to the Interview results (the box saying "A decision cannot yet be made about your application" with Pending receipt of a completed background check written below it was checked) were 2 pages. The 1st page was titled "INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING NATURALIZAION CEREMONY". It indicated the location of the venue (M. O. Campbell Center at 1865 Aldine Bender, FM 525) , Parking and Check in. The 2nd page was a map of Houston indicating the location.

Is this what you got too?

My case status dissapeared since yesterday with the follwing message:

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Doesit mean that my interview letter is on is way ?.

texancanadian, do you know whether your mom's case has disappeared online or not ?. Her PD and FP date are close to my timeline. Since my online case status disappeared, wanted to check if anyone else has the same experience.

Yes

Yes, my mom's case disappeared too. I am hoping she gets an interview letter soon. Keep us posted when you get yours.
Best of luck

My "Saga"

:)

My time line is as follows...

Applied in late November 2005 (90 days before my 5 year completion) at Texas Service Center, got my GC in February 2001
Received Priority date notice of December 12, 2005
Received Finger print Notice and Appointment in January 2006
Received Interview Notice and Appointment in February 2006
Received Oath Letter March 09, 2006 for Oath ceremony in Houston on March 29, 2006

I completed the application myself (w/o an Attorney). Mentioned the three traffic violation tickets I had received 10 years ago. Was not able to get any kind of documentation that I had actually paid the fine. I did however obtain a certified letter from TXDOT regarding my driving record. Went to the interview all prepared with Tax documents, all past Immigration documents, pay stubs, utility bills etc etc. Interview was short and sweet, was asked to swear that all information I had given on the my application and information I was about to give was true. He basically went over the application, asked me if I had ever been arrested. Did NOT ask me any questions on traffic citations. Made me take the Civic test, no surprises there all standard questions. Told me all was good; finger prints results had also come in and that he was recommending my application for citizenship and that I should get the oath letter soon.

One thing I will mention which did catch me by surprise (pleasantly). After I got my fingerprints done I received the Interview letter like 10 days after. The interview was scheduled the week after. Giving me only 7 days to prepare for the interview. Luckily I had ordered my tax returns from IRS the day before I received my interview letter. I actually received my documents (IRS & TXDOT - Driving Record) a day before my interview. So a word of caution : if you are in Houston you might want to prepare for your interview as soon as you submit your N-400.

I have been in the "system" for quite a while now, over the last 16 years I have had F1, H1, extension to H1, parole documents, Green Card processing, I485 processing and now finally N-400 processing. Looks like INS saved their best for last (at least in my case). I was pleased by the service as far as my N-400 processing is concerned, I completed my 5 years on Feb 2006 and if everything goes well should be a citizen on March 29, 2006.

Good luck to all and many thanks to everyone who contributes on this site. It really helps.

I received my interview letter today for APR 3rd:

PD: 12/23/2005
FP Notice Date 02/02
FP NOtice Received 02/09
FP - 02/23
Interview Notice Received - 03/10
Interview - 04/03

Interview Letter Question

My interview letter says " Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview"

Is this normal ?. Are there going to be another interview ?.

My mom received her interview letter for April 6th. However the notice doesnt ask for the tax papers etc as mentioned above. Do we need to take pay stubs, tax filings etc ? or if they need it they will give you chance to come some other day ?

Received interview letter

I have not been as lucky as you guys but thought I should update my timeline.

PD: Oct 11, 2005
FD: Nov 12, 2005 (letter received on Nov 7)
ID: Mar 28, 2006 (letter received on Mar 11)

Congrats houston2006. You are lucky 'cause next day u may get to take ur voth.

Do you know whether the people in houston are given a chance to take OATH in Beaumont,TX. Becasuse I see there no Naturlization ceremonies in houston after Mar29th. Next one in houston is end of June.

Speculation is futile!

Thanks workhomes2003. I think it is very unlikely that Houston DO will accomodate me for oath on the next day or in Beaumont (even assuming my namecheck is clear). Generally there are about 3000 applicants per oath ceremony and I am guessing the cut-off date is about 2 weeks prior. But I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for a miraculous break.

Houston2006 & others,

I have a question: My interview is on 04/03. Assuming all goes well , I think there is one Naturlization ceremony in Beaumont,TX on 04/06. The question is :

Will they allow me to take OATH in Beaumont,TX on 04/06 or Do I have to wait untill June 21 to take OATH in Houston.