N400 Processing in Atlanta DO.

Hi guys,

I just received my interview letter yesterday almost exactly one year from my PD. The interview will be on March 22. Somebody else who applied about a week later than I did also got the notice on the same day for an interview about a week after mine. Seems the N-400 processing has finally started moving ahead (from that 12/29/03 date). I will keep you updated when things get there.

PD: 1/28/04
FP: 3/04
Interview: 3/22/05

Halleluya!!!!

We just have to wait now for Feb 15th to see if the PD moved!!!

Thank you DW2005 for these wonderful news!!

Yalag

Congratulations!

dw2005 said:
Hi guys,

I just received my interview letter yesterday almost exactly one year from my PD. The interview will be on March 22. Somebody else who applied about a week later than I did also got the notice on the same day for an interview about a week after mine. Seems the N-400 processing has finally started moving ahead (from that 12/29/03 date). I will keep you updated when things get there.

PD: 1/28/04
FP: 3/04
Interview: 3/22/05

Congratulations dw2005. There is a God!
Anybody,
Is there a way to find out the number of USC cases pending in ATL?

Atlanta N400 Processing Date Changed

Atlanta N400 processing date Changed to Jan 06,2004. Only 8 days in 6 months, with this speed I should get my citizenship in 10 years.

MM1000 said:
Atlanta N400 processing date Changed to Jan 06,2004. Only 8 days in 6 months, with this speed I should get my citizenship in 10 years.
I have a new idea for the Georgia Lottery:
Guess by how many days will the Atlanta DO PD for N-400 move.

Guys, maybe next month we will see something good.

Sleepless in Atlanta,

Yalag

Sigh!

Well, it atleast shows 2004 in date now!
Heck it took them 6 months to realize nobody filed in those 8 days and they can move it up now.

Anybody wants to bet? I think its going up to Jan 31, 2004 by this time next month. Fingers crossed!

I dont see many folks from Feb/March/April time frame in this board. What they all approved?

Kind Regards

Visit to Atlanta DO

I went to Atlanta District Office today to check my application status. These people got some attitude. They did not provide much help. The first thing she told me that it’s too early for me to be checking the status on my application. When she told me that I said to myself, seven months that’s too early. The only thing that I found out that my name check and finger prints are cleared. I asked the officer to give me some idea when I can expect the interview she told me that they don't do the scheduling here. The TSC does the scheduling and I should write to them. I guess that the standard answer they give to everyone. This might be the worst service you get for $390 plus your taxes.

MM1000 said:
I have also received a letter from FBI on the name check that no record exist for us in their database.
MM, would you please provide the link where i can get the form for the name check results request from the FBI?
thank you so much

When is the appropriate time to send FOIA to FBI? One, two, or three months after FP??

cici said:
When is the appropriate time to send FOIA to FBI? One, two, or three months after FP??

I would wait at least two months. The speed USCIS work, that's the minimum. Usually finger print request are sent out to FBI the same day when they take your prints. I guess the reason is that finger printing is out sourced to a private organization. On the other hand name check request is done by USCIS. I have called the FBI to check on my fingerprints. They were cleared the same day they received it.

MM1000 said:
I would wait at least two months. The speed USCIS work, that's the minimum. Usually finger print request are sent out to FBI the same day when they take your prints. I guess the reason is that finger printing is out sourced to a private organization. On the other hand name check request is done by USCIS. I have called the FBI to check on my fingerprints. They were cleared the same day they received it.
I would wait more, but not because of USCIS speed. FOIPA has nothing to do with USCIS name check request. Anyone can send an FOIPA request anytime. I would just wait to see if I am getting my interview letter in the reasonable time frame.

This thread has sidetracked to a totally different issue for which it was posted. Please open a new thread to discuss FOIPA, which is an important issue to itself, and deserves its own thread.

Anyone who has any ATLANTA experience - please post. We would love to hear about any ATLANTA N400 experience.

Thanks,

Yalag

N-400 interview

Hi,

My timelines are as follows:

PD : Feb 6 2004
FP: Apr 2004
Interview Date: ???

Not sure why I have not received the interview letter yet as others with PD later than mine have, but I am just in a waiting mode right now.

Thanks

poursarr said:
Hi,

My timelines are as follows:

PD : Feb 6 2004
FP: Apr 2004
Interview Date: ???

Not sure why I have not received the interview letter yet as others with PD later than mine have, but I am just in a waiting mode right now.

Thanks

Any movement in your case, pursarr?
Anybody else from Mar/April/May 2004 getting interview calls?

Regards

No progress at all!!! Still waiting for the interview letter. The Atlanta DO processing dates have not moved at all in a month.

My N-400 Journey has begun

Hi All,

I and my wife applied for citizenship in March 2005. I got the finger printing notice . I thought I will share my case details here and keep you posted of my experience(s) from now on:

My details:
PD--April 21st 2005
FP--May 12th 2005.

My wife:
PD--April 10th 2005
FP--Not yet Received.

We live in Atlanta.

Funny that my wife's FP did not arrive, though her PD is earlier than mine. Well, "funny" may not be the right word!

We are applying for citizenship based on 5 year Green card residency. We are both from India. Our 5 year permanent residency is on May 23rd 2005. But we could file for our citizenship based on the "90-day prior" rule of USCIS.

Thanks ,

No move for ATL

They updated the processing dates today. Sorry, no luck for us folks from Atlanta. Its really getting from bad to worse.

I am glad I am Done with this one

I got my Citizenship on 08/25/2005. Everything went well. Guys just hang in there. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Best Regards,
:) MM1000