N400 Processing in Atlanta DO.

MM1000

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife have filed application of Naturalization (N400) in August 2004. We had our finger printing done in October. I have called FBI and confirmed that our finger prints were cleared the same day they got them. I have also received a letter from FBI on the name check that no record exist for us in their database. Those are my dates listed below. Could you please provide your experience with Atlanta DO.

Received Date: August 16, 2004
Priority Date: August 16, 2004
Finger Printing: October 23, 2004

We have not received anything from USCIS since then.

MM1000 said:
I have also received a letter from FBI on the name check that no record exist for us in their database. Those are my dates listed below. Could you please provide your experience with Atlanta DO.

Priority Date: August 30, 2004
Finger Printing: Nov 10, 2004

MM1000,

How did you get the letter from the FBI?

frustrated in Atlanta (no PD change in the last 6 months!!!)

Yalag

Name Check Reply

I have printed the form from FBI Website and faxed it in. I also sent an e-mail to FBI Finger Printing Dept. It only took two weeks to get the response back. Probably I got them at the right time, it was couple of days before Christmas.

MM1000 said:
I have printed the form from FBI Website and faxed it in. I also sent an e-mail to FBI Finger Printing Dept. It only took two weeks to get the response back. Probably I got them at the right time, it was couple of days before Christmas.

So, if I understand right you didn't send in a set of your fingerprints, just your name.

I was considering to check with fingerprints.

Frustrated in Atlanta,

Yalag

FBI Finger Print

I have just called FBI Fingerprint Dept to check the status. I filled out the form for the name check.

InfoPass Appt.

MM1000 said:
Me and my wife have filed application of Naturalization (N400) in August 2004. We had our finger printing done in October. I have called FBI and confirmed that our finger prints were cleared the same day they got them. I have also received a letter from FBI on the name check that no record exist for us in their database. Those are my dates listed below. Could you please provide your experience with Atlanta DO.

Received Date: August 16, 2004
Priority Date: August 16, 2004
Finger Printing: October 23, 2004

Hi MM1000,

I was wondering if you get to make Info Pass appointment with the ATL DO? It seems that they processed March applications few months ago.

Thanks

asafbu said:
Hi MM1000,

I was wondering if you get to make Info Pass appointment with the ATL DO? It seems that they processed March applications few months ago.

Thanks

I had an InfoPass in Atlanta DO last week. While there, I went to the Oath Room (It is room 103 or something). I asked a lady whom had her interview and oath on that same day. She told me she applied on December 29 2003.

This means that even if they are not processing March already as is evident from another thread here, at least they are concurrent with the date they have been posting the last 6 months.

Frustrated in atlanta,

Yalag

PD 8/2004
FP 11/2004
currently waiting....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yalag

Yalag,

Did you find out why the processing date is stuck on December 29, 2003 while you were there. What is happening with Atlanta DO? I can not imagine that they are processing December 29, 2003 cases for past six months. Please provide some updates about your info pass appointment.

Regards,
MM1000

MM1000 said:
Yalag,

Did you find out why the processing date is stuck on December 29, 2003 while you were there. What is happening with Atlanta DO? I can not imagine that they are processing December 29, 2003 cases for past six months. Please provide some updates about your info pass appointment.

Regards,
MM1000

MM1000,

we all share the same frustration.

I actually reserved this Info-Pass for the sole reason to express my frustration on why it is stuck on this date. The response I got from the immigration officer was lackonic and of the following spirit: "We are working on applications, the date that is posted is what we are working on." However, I did get was anther channel of complaint:
Atlanta office has its own USCIS ATLANTA APPLICATION INQUIRY WORKSHEET. I am still considering whether to fill this form as a means to ask if there is any progress in the N-400 front.

We can also do something else: The atlanta office has the following cutomer feedback channel. http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/atlanta/aboutus.htm

The address is: District Director, ATTN: Customer Service Feedback, at 77 Forsyth Street, Atlanta, GA 30303.

I am going to send them a letter on why the date hasn't changed.
I think if a number of us do the same - it may convince the Office director to divert more resources to the N-400 processing department.

I'll update you.

Yalag

Last edited by a moderator:
Also frustrated

Hi guys,

My PD is 1/28/04 and I am still waiting... I guess I am more frustrated because 12/29/03 is so close to my PD. I also has a infopass appt with the Atlanta DO soon. But I doubt I will receive any meaningful info.

Yalag,
When you went to your infopass, did you ask them to check your status such as FBI/name check results? Did they give you any more info than what you can get from that 800 number?

dw2005 said:
Yalag,
When you went to your infopass, did you ask them to check your status such as FBI/name check results?

Unfortunately, No. I guess I will schedule an appointment for March/April and ask this.

dw2005 said:
Yalag,
Did they give you any more info than what you can get from that 800 number?

No they have'nt. Truth of the matter there is really very little we can do but wait. The frustration is what drives me to do all those useless actions.

Yalag

Atlanta DO sucks

Good work Yalag! Keep us posted with what you plan to do to kick some lazy southern hinnies. May be some of us can pitch in and help you with this effort!

DW20005, We, will all appretiate if you let us know of the details of your visit to the DO.

Regards

Okay.

I sat down last night to write a letter to the DO office customer feedback.

I am trying to be as poilte as I can and I am starting with compliments on the implementation of the Info-Pass system. (In truthfullness, they did a good job there. I was in and out of the buiding in less than twenty minutes, half of which involved security check). Alternatively, one can compliment on the speed of the FP process. For all I care you can compliment on the wonderful southern hospitality or the great weather of Atlanta. In any event, you must always start your letter with some nice comments.

Next I explain how much we cherish the opportunity to become USC and then I express my disappointment from the fact that the PD has'nt moved for more than five months. (Guys/Gals: if anybody knows exactly when was the last change - please tell me - I don't want to give wrong info).

Finally, I humbly suggest that they divert more resources to the N-400 processing -especially because we are towards the end of a long process and would like to see the light of day before we are totally blind (don't use this phrasing - I am just making here a vivid illustration :p )

I hope that if many of us send letters to that spirit we might convince them to speed up the N-400 processing .

I may be wrong but we got nothing to loose.

I am planning to send the letter Monday, so if you got any suggestions please make them.

Yalag

I learned tha frustration is an excellent driver

I think your suggestion is excellent. I mean instead of just helplessly waiting, we should do something, like writing a letter as you suggested. But the letter does have to be nice in tone, very nice and also expressses our concerns and hopes. I just hope your letter will indeed be read by the USCIS in a timely manner. Good luck.

I submitted my N-400 in Dec 2004, and currently wait for my FP notice. Still early in the whole process, but I remember back in 2002, one of the President Bush immigration policy is making the whole naturalization process done under 6 months. Did it become official? Should it be stated in the letter, I am not sure....

cici said:
I submitted my N-400 in Dec 2004, and currently wait for my FP notice. Still early in the whole process, but I remember back in 2002, one of the President Bush immigration policy is making the whole naturalization process done under 6 months. Did it become official? Should it be stated in the letter, I am not sure....

This is true in principal. Go to:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/backlog.htm

But when something takes on average 6 mnths - there are those that are higher than the average - i.e. Atlanta DO.

The more we raise flags, there is the possibility that someone wakes up and diverts more resources to put Atlanta in line with the rest of the country.

If you want to see a table that compares all the DO's go to:
http://www.visapro.com/INS-Processing-Times.asp

Yalag

cici said:

If you browse thru different Atlanta related threads, you will notice that, in general, its taking around 2/2.5 months for the FP notice. I'd also check if the money order/check you sent with your application got cleared...

Thank you Yalag

Thank you Yalag for posting your experience with USCIS. We all should write a letter to USCIS. Once we come up with the format post it to the forum for other people to use. That way we will get lot more participation. I am sure there are lots of people who are going through the same frustration.

Hi asafbu,

Thanks for the information, it is good to know when to expect. My check is cleared, just need to be patient for the FP notice. :)