N400 Outside Processing Times

cregan

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I've been searching a while to find a forum like this one :)

I applied for my citizenship back in the Spring of 2007. I had my fingerprints done. Now my application is outside the processing time. I called and they told me that my application has been pulled aside and it may take a while before it get's processed. I have a lawyer, but told me to wait. How long should I wait? I have been hearing about friends and clients getting their citizeship processed not long ago and have applied recently. Why is mine on the back burner.

What should I do? Is there anything I can do to see if they are missing information or something else

I did verify the processing times and my case status. The case has not been updated since the fingerprints.

Location - Phoenix

Thanks
Chantal

Hi, I've been searching a while to find a forum like this one :)

I applied for my citizenship back in the Spring of 2007. I had my fingerprints done. Now my application is outside the processing time. I called and they told me that my application has been pulled aside and it may take a while before it get's processed. I have a lawyer, but told me to wait. How long should I wait? I have been hearing about friends and clients getting their citizeship processed not long ago and have applied recently. Why is mine on the back burner.

What should I do? Is there anything I can do to see if they are missing information or something else

I did verify the processing times and my case status. The case has not been updated since the fingerprints.

Location - Phoenix

Thanks
Chantal

I think you should tell that lawyer of yours to get himself going and start thinking about writing some complaint letters....
There is thread on this forum called like this.....Sticky: Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit ...

Check it out !!!
:D

Well I can offer hope. I applied for mine Feb 2007, since then it's been name check, until june 08 i received IL and after the interview sent me for another fingerprint and now back on the queue. I think they will meet up with the deadline of processing all application under 2 yrs b4 Nov 08. So you have 2 options, wait or sue them.

You think I should sue? I have spent so much money since I moved here 11 years ago. My immigration budget is kinda low, lol (kind of).

I'm sad to sue. If I find a good immigration lawyer and transfer my file, should s/he be able to dig out what is going on without suing?

It helps talking to others in the same situation

Have you confirmed with USCIS that you're stuck in namecheck when they told you your file was "pulled aside"?

Actually, I asked them the reason it was pulled out and they told me they can't tell me. I was unhappy with this answer as it concerns.

I im slightly in a different boat. I applied for citizenship in March 2007. Unfortunately, I missed my fingerprint and hence my application went off the regular track.
Eventually got fingerprinted in Jan 2008 and still waiting for the interview letter.

I called national customer service. I was lucky to be transferred to an IO. He told me my case is fine, no name check issue. He wasnt sure why my IL hasnt been scheduled. He told me to take infopass and see the local office. I told him I had already done that and local office does not have my file. Then he did something, dont know what he did.

After some 15 days, I took another infopass in July. This time they told me my case is being transferred from the national office to the local office on June 20th. So that was a good news for me.

It's been more than 2 months now and I still havent heard anything.

I tried calling the 800 customer service number again, but this time I wasnt lucky to be transferred to an IO.

The customer service lady has submitted a service request to find out what's going on. Dont know what that means.

I'm planning to take another infopass may be around 12th Sept, if I dont receive an IL before that.

Let's see what happens.

ncc
TSC (Dallas office)

Thank you for your story. I want to get things started, but don't know the terms. What is a IO?

I will call and need things done and my lawyer is blowing me off. I think I will remove him as my representative too. How do you get an Infopass?

Thank you and good luck, I hope you see yours moving

What is a IO?
Here's a list of commonly used abbreviations on this forum:
NOA=Notice of Action
PD=Processing Date
FP=Fingerprints
FL=Fingerprint Letter
IL=Interview letter
IV=Interview
OL=Oath Letter
OD=Oath date
DO=District office
SC=Service Center
NC=Namecheck
IO - interviewing officer
PoE - port of entry
CBP - customs & border protection
ASC - application support center
How do you get an Infopass?

Online at http://infopass.uscis.gov/

When I said 'IO', I meant 'Immigration Officer'.

Go to USCIS website, there is a link at the bottom to make an infopass appnt.

Good luck.

ncc

ncc - just go there again - since it's allegedly at local, maybe you can actually get them to schedule it or at least be politely pushy.

Thanks Choppy. I think I'm going to try for Infopass right now, instead of waiting for 1 more month.

Is there any trick to getting the infopass date? When I tried to take the infopass, there were no dates available and hence I could not make an appointment.

Does anyone know if I should try at a specific time when the dates may be available?

Thanks
ncc

I was told at my Info Pass meeting that my file has cleared over a yr ago. And she mentioned that my file is aside, but no particular reason as I should have had it done already. She said that she will look into it and see if they can process it.

Has any had everythin ok, but the file not being processed? Why is that?

I was told at my Info Pass meeting that my file has cleared over a yr ago. And she mentioned that my file is aside, but no particular reason as I should have had it done already. She said that she will look into it and see if they can process it.

Has any had everythin ok, but the file not being processed? Why is that?

You really need to sue them. If you are getting run around from them and your lawyer I have two suggestions:
1] Get your lawyer to sue them now or fire him/her and get someone who will do it for you. Or you can prepare the suit yourself.
2] Contact your local senator and congressman/woman to inquire on your behalf as well. Sometimes they uncover a bit more information.

Do you have a criminal history by chance? Any reason why your file may be under review?