N400 NOA received but no received or priority date.

What's the story with FP walk-ins? i saw many of you said you got your fingerprints on walk-ins, even before the appointment? is that possible?
And my I797C didn't say anything about fingerprints, just says that I will be scheduled for an interview one all record checks are received. What does that mean???

....And my I797C didn't say anything about fingerprints, just says that I will be scheduled for an interview one all record checks are received. What does that mean???

Brainawake:
My NOA says exactly the same thing. I researched as much as I could and it seems that when they said " you will be schedule for an interview once all records checks are received" - they are referring to the FP and name check.

I am with you on the FP walk-ins. I have an upcoming overseas trip, if I receive the FP appointment before my trip - I will definetely try to do a walk-in and explain my situation.

We just have to wait for our FP appointment letters now....
01/05/09 : N-400 Received
01/05/09 : Priority Date
01/09/09 : Check Cashed
01/12/09 : NOA received
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Notice
xx/xx/xxxx: FP Appointment
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date

mundowise:
me too I am planning a trip, the FP notice seems to come within a week of this 1st notice, which is faster than before where people had to wait a month, so maybe this change is improving processing time after all.

sh1996:
I am sure you will received your PD and DOB together with your FP apointment letter - like it has happened to a number of other applicants on this forum. Be positive, have faith!!!

Thanks for the good thoughts. I have valid fingerprints from April 2008 on file with USCIS, however, so I won't be getting an appointment letter until July 2009 at the earliest. I don't want to wait until then to figure out it wasn't just a system glitch but an actual problem with my application. Hence the irate calls to "customer service" (a misnomer if ever there was one).

Fellas - Here are some updates.

Case status changed yday to

"Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283."

Got the interview letter today!

Sent N-400 12/12/08 to Boston
PD 12/15/08
NOA 12/24/08 from National Benefit Center
FP notice 12/29/08
FP Date 1/08/09
Duplicate NOA: 2/2/09
IL: 2/7/09
ID: 4/1/09
OL: xx/xx/xx
OD: xx/xx/xx
PP: xx/xx/xx