N400 mistake of being registered to vote but never voted

jcams

I am in the process of filling out my N400 paperwork. Reading this forum I realized that people mistakenly register to vote so I thought to check my name as well, thinking I more thing I don't have to be nervous about. Somehow my name showed up as registered to vote in 2002 but as inactive. I live in a different state now and I am confused how that even happened. I never voted and don't remember that I ever registered to vote. Should I ignore or investigate and answer yes when being asked if I ever registered to vote? If I do say yes how can I proof that I never voted and that somewhere a mistake happened. Like I said, I do not recall ever doing so and I never voted. Thanks for your help

You are in big trouble. They will for sure deny you application.

Many in a similar situation have been approved if they deregistered, got proof that they didn't vote from the state where they registered, and the registration was more than 5 years ago.

check this poster, he deregistered and got the documentation from county clerks office. Get that done first and then attach those documents with the n400 application along with a cover letter explaining the issue. check posts of "goldin03"

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...rview-coming-soon/page2&p=2192618#post2192618

and there is another poster "ccczzzzz" who got denial letter and then when he appealed along with his deregistration documentation he got approved.

It happen to me...I put no in the application if I were register to vote but during my interview I admitted with the IO that I was register to vote accidentally...I gave with the IO about the certificate that my registration has been cancelled.. 1 year before my application was granted. I did ask on my congressional office for help and also I did hire attorney to make sure all the documents USCIS asking from me was accurate. It happen sometimes by mistake...as long as you did not vote your fine...and as long as your registration is unintentionally your okay...