N400 Miami Timeline What To Expect?

OK Got Interview letter for May 2nd:) :) :)

AND i got a nice letter saying I was accepted as a permanent resident:confused: So I went and typed in the receipt number on USCIS.gov and it said my request for permanent residence that was applied for on Dec 17 2001 was being process:(

I have had my green card since 2001 and now they are sending me a letter saying If im approved, I'll get my permanent resident card within 30 days???? IM applying for my citizenship

What the *&%* are they doing?

well I guess I'll be going through their nice automated phone system for half an hour before I can figure this out

:mad:

Should I be worried?

Here is my timeline:

Sent N400: 07/05/2005
FP: 08/18/2005
Interview: 02/24/2006 (Exam passed, security check pending)
oath:???

I have been waiting for almost one year but still no news yet. Does anybody have same situation like me?

I simply don't understand how these guys operate - on one hand we hear that USCIS will not schedule interviews without a completed security check. On the other hand, they go and schedule interviews with people like you and then say security check is pending! Wow.

OK Got Interview letter for May 2nd:) :) :)
.......Should I be worried?

Well, maybe - from the standpoint that your application might be delayed even further due to messed up paper work. Sigh! But, I don't think it's going to be insurmountable. Just do an infopass or write a letter to see what's up.

I completed my interview on 2/28 in San Antonio (http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1620926#post1620926) and I can tell you that the DAO/IO has your whole file in front of him/her during the interview - everything about you - every single document/application from the time you set foot in the US and/or made contact with the INS/USCIS! So, just maybe, they mistook your N400 appl with some of your GC stuff. Still, this is almost unheard of - to mail you a GC response 6 years after you got your GC. It's actually pretty funny :)

to mail you a GC response 6 years after you got your GC. It's actually pretty funny :)

I never EVER had any luck with the USCIS so now all I can do is laugh when they pull those type of stunts on me!!!

The Lady at the USCIS said it's probably a mistake

I have a similar situation, check out my timeline.

Here is my timeline:

Sent N400: 07/05/2005
FP: 08/18/2005
Interview: 02/24/2006 (Exam passed, security check pending)
oath:???

I have been waiting for almost one year but still no news yet. Does anybody have same situation like me?

I completed my interview but have to go for a second one. I worked in international sales and took over 45 trips outside the US in the last 5 years. Now they are asking for all sorts of documentation proving that these were mostly business trips, did not last more than six months and that still meet the physical presence test. I do meet the requirements but it may be hard to prove. Its a big task to come up with all this documentation since the stamps in the passport(s) don't show all the trips and I am afraid that if I miss one or get the dates slightly wrong the interviewer could take it as "bad character" on my part. Does anybody know just how precise their information is on the departures from the US? I am sure I have all the return dates OK.

MeggieQC, Congrats again that you got the second notice of interview. I'm pretty lost, still waiting for th IL. I dunno why it is so hard for me to get the interview letter. My case is very simple but filling with many business trips......Let me know how your interview is going on. GOOD LUCK!

Received Interview Notice

Following is my timeline for Miami DO

App. Date: 12/28/2006

Priority Date: 1/3/2007

FP Date: 1/30/2007

Interview Notice Date: 4/23/2007

Interview Date: 7/26/2007

Hi everyone
I went to my interview last week. Everything went well. You probably already all know but just a reminder::: Take 2 passports picture with you (walgreen).
I brought all the docs from the sticky on here, all she asked was by birth certificate and the pictures. (still bring everything though cause you never know what kind of officer you'll get)

The civic questions are very easy, she asked me four of them. The whole process went really quick actually, and the lady was very nice.

Parking is $20:eek: don't try to bring your cellphone in.

Good luck to everyone!!!

OH I forgot:::

She also checked at my whole file, asking me when I went to Canada. It was pretty easy cause I go once a year, every year at the same time.

Oh she also went through all the questions from the N400 asking you if you are part of terrorist group, if you swear to stand up for America etc..

Also ask if I ever used another name, if I wanted my name to be change.

She also gave me a piece of paper confirming that I was "recommended for approval"
She told me: congratulations you've been approved, then I look at the letter and said: No, I've been RECOMMENDED for approval....I guess it's the same anyways but I get technical sometime
and yes I know im a little straight forward too!!!

Still waiting on receipt from USCIS. Hope to get it soon. I am wondering if TSC is one of the SC that takes the longest in processing apps?
Has anyone had their interview lately? Please post experience

I went to local naturalization office today and was told that my name check had already cleared, my fingerprints results had already been returned to USCIS on the very same day that I submitted them. I was amazed to have the same dates confirmed by the USCIS Officer at the Service Center who also confrimed that I was already in the interview queu! good luck to you all!!!

Received my oath letter today:) :D :D :D

So my interview was may 2nd, they sent the oath letter May 16 for the ceremony on June 14th

That was quick!

Oath letter received

Received my oath letter today:) :D :D :D

So my interview was may 2nd, they sent the oath letter May 16 for the ceremony on June 14th

That was quick!

Congratulations!

MeggieQC, I also received oath letter yesterday dated May 16 for the oath ceremony that will be held at Miami Convention Center on June 14.

Congratulations!

MeggieQC, I also received oath letter yesterday dated May 16 for the oath ceremony that will be held at Miami Convention Center on June 14.

yeah same here, dated may 16th, received may 22nd for June 14th.

Congratulations to you as well.

See you there!!!!

Updated timeline

Here is my updated timeline. All of you with pending apps in MIA please post as well.

Got Interview Letter

Both my wife and I got our interview letters yesterday (June 07, 2007). Our interviews are scheduled an hour apart on August 30, 2007. Rest of the timeline in my signature.

YAY
Went to my ceremony yesterday.

PLEASE go down in Miami IN ADVANCE...There was so much traffic I got there at 12.45. A parking officer told me it was Ok cause it started at 1.Reported at Gate C as written on the paper, asked someone if there waiting for the oath they said yes. So I wait there 30-45 minutes until I overheard something about the ceremony going on!!!Went to another officer....so I missed the whole ceremony!!! I was sitting in a back room with all the other late people:(

Then we got sworn, got a certificate etc... Well I'll just tell people I got a private ceremony;)

Anyways if anyone have any questions, Please PM me as I will not be on the board anymore!!!

Good luck everyone and congratulations Edgrapes