N400 form question

qazxsw

Registered Users (C)
Do you have to list all traffic tickets, violations in form N400 part D, Q 16? I had a couple of traffic violations in last 10 yrs, none in last 5 yrs. Also, I was cited for driving without insurance. I did not have the proof of insurance with me at that time. I appeared in the court and showed the proof. The case was dismissed. This happened 10 yrs back.

Thanks in advance.

You must disclose all citations regardless how long they occurred, but moral character determination is based on last 5 years.

You must disclose all citations regardless how long they occurred, but moral character determination is based on last 5 years.

and you don't need to submit documentation (proof of payments, records, copies of citation tickets) if fines are less than $500, but bring documentation with you to the interview (just in case, IO asks for proofs)

Thanks Bobsmith

I do not remeber the exact dates of traffic violations and citatiotions. Also, the without insurance evrnt occured 10 yrs back and I don't have the court dismissal record. where can I get one now that I don't live in that state.

Thanks Bobsmith

I do not remeber the exact dates of traffic violations and citatiotions. Also, the without insurance evrnt occured 10 yrs back and I don't have the court dismissal record. where can I get one now that I don't live in that state.

Year format is fine for disclosing citations if you can't remember exact date. No need to get the court dismissal record if it was under $500 for the without insurance charge.