N400 & fingerprint process

thedutt

Registered Users (C)
I just filed for N400 mid April 08 and already got a fingerprint date for San Antonio, texas for next week. Looking at the priority dates for San Antonio for n400, they are running at July 2007. Given that, I am thinking of requesting a Saturday fingerprint day as priority date is running way behind.

Any suggestions on if this would be counterproductive to the priority date? If it is going to take another 10+ months, would having fingerprints done so quickly make a difference?

I just filed for N400 mid April 08 and already got a fingerprint date for San Antonio, texas for next week. Looking at the priority dates for San Antonio for n400, they are running at July 2007. Given that, I am thinking of requesting a Saturday fingerprint day as priority date is running way behind.

Any suggestions on if this would be counterproductive to the priority date? If it is going to take another 10+ months, would having fingerprints done so quickly make a difference?

Go ahead and try to do a walk in on a Saturday. The sooner your FP and name check is completed the sooner you'll be in queue for an interview. Since there's been numerous instance of recent filers getting their interviews within 2-4 months on FP , if I were you I wouldn't delay it.

Check the San Ant thread to get an idea of the timeline. The July 2007 is just an estimate and more likley they could be in Aug/Sep 2007. At least this was the case for SJ when we were in the process last yr. So don't try to resched the FP. We got the fp notice a month early but waited till the Sat closest to the appt date for convenince .
If you are free try to go this Saturday and do the FP. Trying to resched may not be such a great idea and it is simply easier to go with the flow instead of rocking the boat ;-).

Thanks guys. Currently they scheduled me for a thursday, so that would be a bit of an issue as I have used up most of my holidays. Do you know if the SA allows for walk ins? I am in Austin and about 1.5 hours away

heading out to SA tommorow for FP. anything besides the ID + letter needed to be taken?

WE did have a baby the day after I filed, do I need to do anything to the app to reflect this status change?

Finger printing went though with ease. I got the interview letter for interview on 7/15. Interview went through smoothly. The office was extremely polite & efficent. Best govt service experience so far.

heading out to SA tommorow for FP. anything besides the ID + letter needed to be taken?

WE did have a baby the day after I filed, do I need to do anything to the app to reflect this status change?

That is great timeline and a little unfair to '07 filers imo! Congrats and please post this in the tracker thread for your city.

Thanks, I am double posting in this thread and the SA thread. Update: Oath ceremony next wed on 20th. I am told they are in rush to get folks to be citizens for the nov elections. any experiences on oath ceremony?