N400 Chicago NSC

Finally!!! Today I received my interview letter also!

PD: July 9, 03
FP: Aug 2, 03
Interview Sch.: March 12, 04

So, about 8 months to get to this point in Chicago (NSC)!

interview questions

Guys,

Are the history questions on the interview from the BCIS 100 sample questions on their website? Are they asking any other questions that is not from the list?

Thank you

Good, so looks like all of us in Chicago are scheduled bet.
Feb - March and if all goes well should complete
this process by March / April!!

arrested?

BCIS had a surprise waiting for me in the mailbox. I had said yes to question 16(?),"Have you EVER been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer (including INS and military officers) for any reason?" on my N400 - I said yes because I got two citations for 2 moving violations (speeding ticket and another minor moving violation). The letter says:

"You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. For these arrests and any other incidents in which you may have been involved, bring originals or CERTIFIED copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved. Failure to disclose any and all arrests may result in the denial of your application."

I was not arrested at all. And I even circled "cited" and put down "see below for traffic citations". But I think this is a form letter and they do not care what you say. But I still had to go to Traffic Court and get transcript for the latter one (guilty-paid fine). But the first one goes back 6 years and I went to defensive driving school, and it does not even appear on my driving record. So I just got a printout of that blank record from the court's files. Hope this will be enough.

Think very carefully before you answer that question.

DMV record is usually not enough - need a cert. of disposition from the traffic court which issued the citation or a copy of the ticket/defensive driving cert which indicates that the matter was resolved i.e., something from the court and not the DMV.

Bilent - I agree that this is a form letter and should not present an issue at the time of interview as long as you have the appropriate traffic court paperwork.. Let us know how your interview goes..

what if youndon't remember the name of county court where ticket was issued and you mailed the ticket.

Also please write the procedure to get court papers for paid ticket 5/6 years ago

Contact the traffic court for the county where you got the ticket ( you should be able to find the listing of the traffic court using a google search - you will need to remember or somehow come up with which county you got the ticket in).

The county court web site usually lists a number for the court clerk. You can call them up and request a "certificate of disposition" . If the court has no record of the ticket, and you dont have any other proof (like for example a cancelled check), recommend you contact the DMV and get a copy of your driving record - this may be enough. Hard to say what evidence the interviewer is likely to ask - but at least have something in writing from a govt. source.

I called 2/3 nearby counties where I had ticket 5/6 yrs ago.

I was surprise all have record of my paid ticket, even I don't have license in that state. Within 10 minutes, girl faxed me the reciept of my payment !!.

Bilent, please write me about getting record from cook county circuit clerk. Hard time getting through that court.

I don't think, I will need this but I think its better to keep in file at the time of interview.

Go to traffic court, lower level at Daley Plaza. Ask for a transcript. They give it out for $9.

I am new to this portal.
NOA June 9th
FP July 25
Interview Feb 18

I have received a letter from INS asking for tax returns, Passports, lease or marriage certificate, and kids birthcrtificates. I have noticed that they said PASSPORTS.. why do they need to see my expired passport. Also, I donot have any lease since my permenant address is with my in-laws and I am in consulting so I am all over the country. What should I do about that??
If any one can share their experience of going through the interview.
Thanks

I have received a letter from INS asking for tax returns, Passports, lease or marriage certificate, and kids birthcrtificates. I have noticed that they said PASSPORTS.. why do they need to see my expired passport.

They need to verify the trips abroad.

Also, I donot have any lease since my permenant address is with my in-laws and I am in consulting so I am all over the country. What should I do about that??

If you don't have lease papers then show your bank or credit card statements or other pieces of mail showing your residence at that address plus tax returns will prove your place of residence. You can also get a letter from your in-laws that you live with them and this is your permanent address.

Good luck

Chicagodesi,
RSV,

All the best for your interviews (Feb 17,18).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks.