N400 Chicago NSC

Ketpin,

Canceling the oath ceremony does not mean denying the application. Maybe, they want to do another round of checking. Domestic violence such as beating wife might be considered as not in 'good moral standing'.

Good luck to you.

SamP,

No still waiting for the interview and the online status still shows up.

All,

While filling the N400 application I didn't ask for a name change. Now During the interview If I want to change my change will that be a problem?

Srimom, Some officers during interview ask you if you want a name change, if not, you could request them and there should be no problem. However, remember, that there is lot of discussion going on in this forum that request for name change, delays getting citizenship. If time is not a constraint you can request a name change or else apply later through court.

A Name Change is civil (non-criminal) proceeding authorized under specific state laws which is filed and heard in a court of proper jurisdiction in the county that you reside in. Depending on the court jurisdiction your petition (request to the court to be heard) may be filed in a circuit, district, supreme, or superior court. Most name change petitions are uncontested and can be informally heard in a minimum amount of time by either a judge or court commissioner. In some jurisdictions you can file the required papers with the clerk of the court and then proceed immediately to see the judge or commissioner. The judge or commissioner will then sign the order granting your name changed. You may be able to complete the name change process in one trip to the courthouse.

Originally posted by Bilent
Chicagoans: Here is my timeline so far

June 11, 2003 Mailed N-400
June 18, 2003 $310 Check cashed
June 20, 2003 Received NOA#1, receipt
July 9, 2003 Received NOA: Fingerprinting Appt
July 29, 2003 Fingerprints taken
July 29, 2003 FBI received, approved and sent back the fingerprints to BCIS

keep in touch!

Which planet you living brother?

July 29, 2003 FP Taken and FBI received and sent them the same day? Whoa, what a speed!

I thuoght it would take at least 1 to 3 weeks for sending them to FBI and then for FBI to clear those.

I wish my Citizenship papers also would be processed that fast :):rolleyes:

chanakya101 is on Planet earth!!

Nowadays, with the new computerized finger printing process, FBI processes them in a day.

Welcome to third rock from the sun!!

I will be travelling out of the country and will be coming back during the 1st week of December. Can I call the INS customer service and ask them not to schedule my interview during this time?

Thanks.

Srimom,

You applied in April and with the current trends you probably will not receive an interview call until Jan/Feb. I wish INS proves me wrong :D. However, I would have some one check the mail for me when I am away, and change my plans accordingly.

Asking they not to schedule in december might move your file to the bottom of the pile. When you are dealing with INS, be sure what you ask!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Srimom,

I would suggest checking your "online status"!
Because when it will disappear... you will most
likely get your interview letter in a week or two.

I have already seen some one from NSC but from
Denver with PD in April 03, getting interviewed!

srimom and samP

Normally status gets disappeared when they schedule an interview I guess.....Or transfer file to local office within couple weeks. My interview N-400 experience:

I was being asked 6 questions from history test...easy. Officer was nice, didn't ask more questions. I told him that I live at new address, but I still maitain my old address and haven't done my address change. He said as long as you maintain, no prob.
He asked any info changed in my file? I said yes, I have a baby boy now. He took his name and info, birth certi, he is in India. He asked why didn't you file I-130 for him, and you filled for your wife. I said i am planning to file after I become citizen so it would be faster. He said TRUE.
Finally, when he recommended for naturalization, I asked him nicely if I could ask him a quest. He said: "Sure". I explained my wife and kid is in India. She cries all the time. Can I just request you to schedule my oath asap. He initially said he could not do it, just wait for 4-6 weeks. But, finally he must have scheduled it. Oath letter arrived within one and half week. So, genuine request for oath may help you get it early, I guess.
Good luck.

Thanks, Ketpin.

Manoj,

I came across Caliofornia URL for Oath in another
forum /website. I just took the base URL and kind of
guessed the IL URL (basically replaced "ca" with "il").

All,

Here is my timeline

Priority Date: 3rd April, 2003
F.P. : May 2003.
Interview : Jan7 2004.

What all documents should I carry with me? Thanks.

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together. Online processing for chicago is feb 3rd 2003 and you applied in April 2003.