N400 - 3 months residence question

sembat

I am planning on applying for citizenship this month based on early filing calculator (90 days prior filing). In one of the requirements listed on uscis, I see -

Physical Presence

Applicants are required to show that they were:
•Physically present in the U.S. for thirty months within the five year period before applying, or (see legal basis)
•Physically present in the U.S. for eighteen months within the three year period before applying in the case of qualified spouses of U.S. citizens (see legal basis)

In addition, applicants are required to show they have resided for at least three months immediately preceding the filing of Form N-400 in the USCIS district or state where the applicant claims to have residency

Does the above mean 'physically' present in the district? If I have taken a trip outside the US (1 week trip) then do I need to wait for another 3 months (after the trip ended) to apply? Or does this mean that I have lived at the address in the state/district (not physically present) for 3 months. Just to clarify I have been residing in the same place (district) for the past 10 years, just that I have traveled for a week within the 3 months leading to application.

Example: If I am planning on applying on 15th March and I travelled outside US from 15th Jan to 22nd Jan then. Do I have to wait until 22nd April to apply or can I apply on 15th March since I have been residing in the same place since 2006?

Thanks for your help

Actually I think its a problem the regulations speaks specifically of physical presence: The State or Service District where the applicant is physically present for at least three months, immediately preceding the filing of an application for naturalization, or immediately preceding the examination on the application if the application was filed early