N-600K Times processing

VALI55

Registered Users (C)
At the beginning of December I sent an 600k application on behalf of my son, then I received from DO only G 711 for individual payment, but no one record number. Is anyone there that could explain me what are the steps until we receive an interview schedule? When DO will give us a number? Thanks:confused:

At the beginning of December I sent an 600k application on behalf of my son, then I received from DO only G 711 for individual payment, but no one record number. Is anyone there that could explain me what are the steps until we receive an interview schedule? When DO will give us a number? Thanks:confused:

My vague memory from some older posts is that in the N-600K cases they may not assign a case number at all. Case numbers are generally assigned by the national service centers whereas N-600K is submitted directly to a local field office. I think you just have to wait for an interview notice.

After the Baikal3’ answer I searched again in internet and I found out these phrases about 600k application. The first point said “The American parent fills out the USCIS application form N-600K and must include documents proving [...]. The forms and supporting documents are mailed to a USCIS District Office in the US of the family's choice [...] which is supposed to review them within 60 days. Applicants abroad are notified of preliminary approval by USCIS. An appointment is then set up, and the American parent and child/children travel to the chosen District Office in the United States to finalize the process on the day of the appointment”
Then:” The notice to appear for an examination shall be given not less than 2 weeks before the scheduled date of interview. If the applicant fails to appear for the examination, or to otherwise explain his/her absence, or does not request an alternative examination or does not respond to Form N-14 within the allotted time, the application shall be denied [...].
My last personal information: Three months ago I went to take some information to Uscis Officer in American Embassy in Rome. She said that the local office from US will give us two appointments between we can choose. I’ll communicate what happens

After the Baikal3’ answer I searched again in internet and I found out these phrases about 600k application. The first point said “The American parent fills out the USCIS application form N-600K and must include documents proving [...]. The forms and supporting documents are mailed to a USCIS District Office in the US of the family's choice [...] which is supposed to review them within 60 days. Applicants abroad are notified of preliminary approval by USCIS. An appointment is then set up, and the American parent and child/children travel to the chosen District Office in the United States to finalize the process on the day of the appointment”
Then:” The notice to appear for an examination shall be given not less than 2 weeks before the scheduled date of interview. If the applicant fails to appear for the examination, or to otherwise explain his/her absence, or does not request an alternative examination or does not respond to Form N-14 within the allotted time, the application shall be denied [...].
My last personal information: Three months ago I went to take some information to Uscis Officer in American Embassy in Rome. She said that the local office from US will give us two appointments between we can choose. I’ll communicate what happens

Which U.S. Office are you dealing with? Maybe you can get some anecdotal information about that office here.

Rome USCIS webpage: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=1ac900c262197210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I referred sic et simpliciter what the Uscis Officer in Rome said to me but I'm waiting to verify. I sent package to Newark Office for the second time because at first time I've been problem with check refused for technical reasons. I hope my son will have interview in the summertime when school closed...

I referred sic et simpliciter what the Uscis Officer in Rome said to me but I'm waiting to verify. I sent package to Newark Office for the second time because at first time I've been problem with check refused for technical reasons. I hope my son will have interview in the summertime when school closed...

If your son is not in any immediate danger of "aging out" they will probably work with the schedule that you proposed. Have you looked into obtaining your son'r U.S. Passport in the U.S. after the Certificate is issued? (Hopefully, the application will be approved). Passports can be applied for at most Post Offices but if you are near an actual Passport Agency Office, that might be faster.

Thanks for your annexe but I don't think we'll have so many time to wait a passport. I passed my last three years trying to understand administrative procedures and to organizer legal documents, translations; At the first time I needed a little help from a good american lawyer in Rome-it was very expensive but useful-then I did all the rest by myself. If I can finalize the goal I'll dedicate this trip to my son relaxing and going around to visit my american family placed in different states as my son (adopted) has never known them. I think I can't avoid, because my son is twelve, to pass some day in Orlando (Disney). My fun will be the wonder on his face.
PS: When we'll be back, I'll do for him US passport and SSN matters but very softly....

Thanks for your annexe but I don't think we'll have so many time to wait a passport. I passed my last three years trying to understand administrative procedures and to organizer legal documents, translations; At the first time I needed a little help from a good american lawyer in Rome-it was very expensive but useful-then I did all the rest by myself. If I can finalize the goal I'll dedicate this trip to my son relaxing and going around to visit my american family placed in different states as my son (adopted) has never known them. I think I can't avoid, because my son is twelve, to pass some day in Orlando (Disney). My fun will be the wonder on his face.
PS: When we'll be back, I'll do for him US passport and SSN matters but very softly....

Once he is a USC, he might need his passport to travel internationally. Will he have dual citizenzhip in the country where you and he normally reside? Will he lose that other citizenship? Will he need a visa to enter and live there as a USC?

He's going to do a Esta procedure to entry in US and he'll use Italian passport to come back; next time, I hope, American passport; Italy and US allows to have dual citizenship (it's a international agreement). What I don't know is if he could still have his original citizenship but this matter involves all adoptive children.

I sent on 7 december to Uscis of Newark a N 600 K application on behalf of my son. Uscis of Newark gave me back on 8 december 2010 only a receipt of payment.

A few days ago, checking the whole file, I realized I made a mistake because I’ve put on application a wrong year of birth of my son, 2010 instead 1998 but naturally the documents annexe to the application listed right date, the photos show that my son is thirteen.

Then yesterday I received finally an official communication from Uscis saying I’ll have coming to Newark Office on 14 july at 8.00 o’clock and asking to District adjudication Officer and bringing 2 photos, passport, form I-94. Reason for appointment was : Certificate of citizenship application. What’s a matter? The matter is about my mistake? Or that concerns our interview before Oath? Really I need an advertisement about what I have to do: it will be better write now them or wait and go directly to the appointment without doing nothing?

I sent on 7 december to Uscis of Newark a N 600 K application on behalf of my son. Uscis of Newark gave me back on 8 december 2010 only a receipt of payment.

A few days ago, checking the whole file, I realized I made a mistake because I’ve put on application a wrong year of birth of my son, 2010 instead 1998 but naturally the documents annexe to the application listed right date, the photos show that my son is thirteen.

Then yesterday I received finally an official communication from Uscis saying I’ll have coming to Newark Office on 14 july at 8.00 o’clock and asking to District adjudication Officer and bringing 2 photos, passport, form I-94. Reason for appointment was : Certificate of citizenship application. What’s a matter? The matter is about my mistake? Or that concerns our interview before Oath? Really I need an advertisement about what I have to do: it will be better write now them or wait and go directly to the appointment without doing nothing?

You, the USC parent, and the child must appear and after the documentation is found to be in order, the child will be administered the Oath administratively by USCIS and the Certificate will be prepared and handed over. Then next step will be to obtain his U.S. Passport.

8 CFR § 322.5 What happens if the application is approved or denied by the Service?

(a) Approval of application. If the application for certificate of citizenship is approved, after the applicant takes the oath of allegiance prescribed in 8 CFR part 337, unless the oath is waived, the Service will issue a certificate of citizenship. The child is a citizen as of the date of approval and administration of the oath of allegiance.

(b) Denial of application. If the decision of the district director is to deny the application for a certificate of citizenship under this section, the applicant shall be furnished with the reasons for denial and advised of the right to appeal in accordance with the provisions of 8 CFR 103.3(a). An applicant may file an appeal on Form I–290B, Notice of Appeal to the Administrative Appeals Unit (AAU), with the required fee prescribed in §103.7(b)(1) of this chapter, in accordance with the instructions therein and with any supporting documentation addressing the reasons for denial. To be timely filed, an appeal must be filed within 30 days of service of the decision. After an application for a certificate of citizenship has been denied and the time for appeal has expired, a second application submitted by the same individual shall be rejected and the applicant will be instructed to submit a motion for reopening or reconsideration in accordance with 8 CFR 103.5. The motion shall be accompanied by the rejected application and the fee specified in 8 CFR 103.7. A decision shall be issued with notification of appeal rights in all certificate of citizenship cases, including any case denied due to the applicant's failure to prosecute the application.

New York Passport Agency
Great New York Federal Building
376 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
This Agency issues the US Passport Card on-site!
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays
Schedule An Appointment 24/7: 1-877-487-2778

There is no need to withdraw the application. A short interview is a standard part of processing N-600 applications. Bring your son and all the documents requested to the interview; the birth year mistake can be corrected during the interview itself.

There is no need to withdraw the application. A short interview is a standard part of processing N-600 applications. Bring your son and all the documents requested to the interview; the birth year mistake can be corrected during the interview itself.
Thanks for your suggestion, BigJoe5 and Baikal3 ! You can't imagine how much time I reviewed our application. I'm angry with myself for this stupid mistake