N-565 tracker

Need help filling out the N 565 form... SinceI did not take a copy of the certificate, I do not have it.

No, certificate number is different from A#. Just fill the information you know. They should be able to locate your A-file with your A# and they should have a copy of your certificate there.
Its an engineering position w/ Boeing. They require the I-9 (which you are correct, i could use a my DL and SS), however, they also have an Export Control Compliance Verification Form that requires proof of US Citizenship (Certificate of Naturalization in my case). Like I mentioned in my previous post, I have a color scanned copy of the doc, but not the original ... I've tried to call USCIS to explain my situation, but they dont seem to have a process in order for this kind of scenario (Need to prove citizenship but cant afford to wait the ~6 months). I have also considered informing the Homeland Security Ombudsman of my situation to see if i can get my case expedited since an employment position might be in jeopardy.

Any other suggestions? Thanks again for the feedback/recommendations.

You can use a US passport of you have one.

When I had no luck getting anyone at the 800 INS number to help expedite our 565 application, I wrote to my local congressman. He was EXTREMELY helpful and offered to make an inquiry on our behalf. We just received word that my husband's replacement certificate is in document production and will be sent via certified mail to our home within a few days. Took only about seven weeks with the help of our congressman.
Congratulations! Please let us know when you actually get the certificate. N-565 is something that quite a few people have had success expediting it, one way or another.
Got replacement for Certificate of naturalization in record time - 4 weeks ( N-565)

I laminated my US citizenship certificate. :mad: They were no good.( mine and my wifes) No passports either . Along with my application I enclosed the mutilated certificate and added a cover letter to USCIS stating that I am in really deep trouble.
I got a replacement within 4 weeks. Yippie .If your case is genuine , really USCSI works.
Hi everyone

Firstly, may I compliment this forum for having the most informative and sometimes, the most encouraging accounts from various people who had gone through and is still going through the pain of this N-565 process.

I am by no means an American; I am Australian. However, my boyfriend is and after 2 years of dating long distant, he has finally agreed to move to Australia from Hawaii. He was naturalized at 6 months old (making his document very old with his baby picture on it). All along, that document had always stated his birth year wrong - making him 2 years younger than his actual age. He had lived with that for over 26 years with his other identification such as drivers licence and whatever else, all stating the correct birth year.
We applied for his passport back in May and even when we brought along his birth certificate to the honolulu post office, the passport came back 2 weeks after with the wrong birth year. When my boyfriend attempted to have the passport changed, they ask him to have his naturalized papers amended first before correcting his passport (and the agency is holding his passport now). HE also have to change his Australian visa should the passport number change.

He put in his N-565 application on 16th June 2010, probably got a notification from the Nebraska Service Centre around the 25th June 2010. I have been tracking his application online almost everyday when I realized it can take up to 6 months to process one error that the department made in the first place (and now making him pay $380 for them to change it). For 3 weeks, we got nothing and I was simply devasted as we have plenty planned out here such as his further schooling (he was enrolled and now missed entering).
Last friday (16th July), almost a month after, the tracking system showed that his application have moved from "Initial Review" to "Post-Decision Activity". The note that followed is as follows:
On July 16, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this N565 APPLICATION FOR A NEW NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

There is still one more activity - "Document Production/ Oath Ceremony". As I have not seen this appearing in any of the reply, is anyone able to tell me if I can expect my boyfriend to receive his new certificate soon after the approval notice (he put through an overnight delivery envelope) so that he can then action his passport correction? Or do I have to wait for the last activity to flash to note that they are producing the document?

Replacement Certificate timeframe HELP!!

Hi everone, I've been reading this site and seems like there's alot of knowledgeable people on here that is very helpful. My situation has been nothing but a nightmare!! I had to apply for a replacement certificate back in 2006 and recieved it in 2007 and that's when I was able to get my D.L. license. I'm from NJ and they are very strick when it comes to ID, NJ has a 6-point ID sytem where you have to prove primary documents and as well as secondary documents. I lost my wallot, briefcase in 2009. My whole life was in there and since then, I've been trying to get my D.L. so I can obtain my other id's like ss card and other important documents. I tried pleading with NJ Motor Vehicle and explaining to them my situation and how important it is for me to have my license. I currently can't get a job, can't obtain a bank account, can't get my ss card and I can't even get a cellphone in my name. It seems like my life it a blank and on hold. I have alot of job offers but they require some type of ID and specially a ss card. I didn't apply for form N-565 then was because financially I can't afford the $345 fee. My family needs financial help and I can't even help my family because of this obsticle. My D.L. has expired last year and I can't even get a replacement without this certificate. I tried going in person to several motor vehicle and spoke to a supervisor but they couldnt't do anything until I have the proper documents even though my D.L. was valid at the timne and they have my picture on file!! I showed them my old ban account statments, my divorce papers, my High School transcript, my credit card and also I showed them a letter from motor vehice to get my D.L. renewed and they still said no. Well, I final got the funds to pay the $345 fee and i knew it has to be done. I just sent out the form N-565 about 2 weeks ago. I called in to customer service to check on the status and they said they received it and accept it and ave me the case number. Well know it's a waiting game upto 6 months they said that's if there is no other problems along the way. I'm praying and hoping that there would be no snag or hick-ups. I was reading a post on here that was back in 2008 that someone called the service center and explain to USCIS the urgency and hardship that they are having because of the wait time for this certificate and they expedited for them. I don't know if anything change as of now if the wait time is faster or still the same and is there a specific number I can call to explain to them my hardship and current situation so they can expedite my replacement certificate?? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Reasons for Hold seem capricious.

Once, after 9 weeks because the fee I sent was a few dollars too much, next, 6 months later they wanted something with my picture and birth date (they could have asked for that on the original form). As to the fee, they could have updated on the website. The fee amount had changed. Now ready to retire but Social Security and Medicare will not cover me until I show proof of citizenship.

I don't think I could be more upset or angry than I am right now. I checked the website today, after not receiving anything yet and here's what it says:


On October 6, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your mailing address.

We mailed EVERYTHING we had. This is absolutely ridiculous that they would send us a letter telling us the certificate is on it's way and then tell us that they need more evidence 25 days later.
Hey Guys... so I just Received my naturalization certificate.


Aug 13th: Submitted Application.
August 17th: Received Confirmation of Receipt of Form and Funds.
September 16th: Approval Notice Sent.
September 19th: Certificate of Naturalization Received.

Action Taken:

Called USCIS about 3-4 times explaining my situation each time and requesting to speak with an immigration officer each time until i received an Expedite Confirmation Number.

Called the local office of my US Senator and had them submit and inquiry for expedite on my behalf after I explained to them my situation and the financial hardships as a result of not receiving the certificate in time for my job offer (which required proof of US Citizenship)

Continued to call USCIS and requested to speak with an Immigration officer (not the initial screeners who take your call.) and explained my situation until I was given some more details on my case and a more detailed description of what was happening with my case.

Great work chucko! Did the immigration officers and/or the US Senator ask you for proof of a job offer or ask details regarding your job offer at the time? I need to know if I need to prepare documentation for my situation.

Hey Guys... so I just Received my naturalization certificate.


Aug 13th: Submitted Application.
August 17th: Received Confirmation of Receipt of Form and Funds.
September 16th: Approval Notice Sent.
September 19th: Certificate of Naturalization Received.

Chucko great info!
I have learned and gained so much from your post!
My question is how did you get the receipt turn-around in 4 days?
I mailed mine express on 9/26/2016 so that means they received 9/27/2016 and hopefully I receive it this week.

My job depends on my certificate replacement but i'm hoping receipt can at least buy me 90 days like the (form I9) states.

Thanks in advance!