N-400: Travel documentation

dhirendra_sh

Registered Users (C)
In Part 7 of N-400, I have mentioned date I left the US and date when i returned to the USA.

• Is documentation needed to support these dates ?
  • Should i submit a copy of travel tickets with N-400 as proof of travel outside United States ?

Thanks,

You don't need to provide documentation, except your passport if you have it. They will cross-check the dates on your N-400 against what they have in their system.

Do you have a normal travel history? Just visits here and there? If so, just your passport is enough for them to do random checks. If you have been out A LOT and are very close to the physical presence requirement, then they might ask for more detailed documentation. Mostly, just your passport.

In Part 7 of N-400, I have mentioned date I left the US and date when i returned to the USA.

• Is documentation needed to support these dates ?
  • Should i submit a copy of travel tickets with N-400 as proof of travel outside United States ?

Thanks,

You don't need to provide any proof of the travel dates when you mail in your N-400 application.

The USCIS can, if necessary, access your entry/exit records from the Customs and Border Protection, but they don't usually do that and the IO conducting the interview will not have immediate access to that CBP data.
Usually the IO conducting the interview simply takes on faith the travel dates supplied by the applicant in the N-400.

However, if you had extensive foreign travel that may call into question your physical presence requirement or if you had some foreign trips that were close to but below 180 days in duration, the IO may ask for some proof regarding the travel dates during the interview itself. So, if this situation applies to you, it is a good idea to bring to the interview whatever proof of the travel dates you have available (passport with travel stamps, copies of tickets/itineraries, etc).