N-400: Should nickname be included? (Unofficially used & Didn't mention it in AOS and ROC)

Mojinoi

Question for N-400, Part 2 Question 3 "Other Names(s) You have Used Since Birth (include nicknames, aliases, and maiden name if applicable)".

- I have a nickname, which is not related to my first name and is unofficially used among family, friends, and sometimes coworkers.

- I use only my full legal name in official documents, education, employment, credit cards, bank accounts, utility bills, grocery member cards, etc.

- My nickname shows on social media with my full name. For example, Jane Doe (Jenny)

- When I did AOS and ROC, the forms back then asked about "Other Names Used (including maiden name), so I didn't put my nickname in the forms. At that time my nickname appeared in some evidence I submitted such as Facebook photos and X-Mas cards, so I wrote a short explanation with my evidence that this is my nickname. No RFE both times.

Given the above information:

1. Do I have to mention my nickname in N-400 since I didn't mention it in AOS and ROC forms?

2. If so, do I have to state that this is a nickname to avoid confusion? For example, Given Name (First Name): Nickname; JENNY

3. Would it be an issue if I don't mention my nickname in N-400?

I would greatly appreciate your answers or if you could share your experience.

Thank you very much :)

Last edited: