N-400 San Francisco timeline

No OL :(

Just got home from NYC and checked my huge pile of mail.... still no OL... I made an INFOPASS appt for Tuesday... hopefully I'll get some answer then :)

no OL either

Just got home from NYC and checked my huge pile of mail.... still no OL... I made an INFOPASS appt for Tuesday... hopefully I'll get some answer then :)

I feel your disappointment man ... my info pass is for coming Thursday, a day after till my attorney had asked me to wait for.

I have been reading past experiences for people and OL timing and it seems that 2-3 months wait is not out of the ordinary. What is bothersome to me is that someone who interviewed after me at the same DO, got the OL but not I! :)

Oh well ..

Doesn't make sense.

Its hard to understand as to how the system works, as 94594 mentioned people who interviewed after him have received the OL, is it possible you both have same officer and called in sick?? just a guess...

Good Luck!

Wow!!!!

So I got some good news today...

I was all set to go for my INFOPASS tomorrow... (As I mentioned before I was in NYC for the past month or so and I checked my mail yesterday when i got back and I had no OL)....

But when i got to work today.... I checked my voicemail, and it seems that I have been invited to the Angel Island 100th Anniversary oath!!! I called the officer who left her number and she confirmed my attendance, and said that they were mailing my oath letter this week... they were super nice and I will be taking my oath on the 21st of January at Herbst Theater along with 99 other applicants.

I'm so happy and excited. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

So I got some good news today...

I was all set to go for my INFOPASS tomorrow... (As I mentioned before I was in NYC for the past month or so and I checked my mail yesterday when i got back and I had no OL)....

But when i got to work today.... I checked my voicemail, and it seems that I have been invited to the Angel Island 100th Anniversary oath!!! I called the officer who left her number and she confirmed my attendance, and said that they were mailing my oath letter this week... they were super nice and I will be taking my oath on the 21st of January at Herbst Theater along with 99 other applicants.

I'm so happy and excited. :)

Mohu, I am happy for you 2, I guess they are randomly selecting for the 21st.
So darn it , I have to wait 1 extra week, by then you may have your US Passport....LOL!!!

Got the MoFo letter finally!

I feel your disappointment man ... my info pass is for coming Thursday, a day after till my attorney had asked me to wait for.

I have been reading past experiences for people and OL timing and it seems that 2-3 months wait is not out of the ordinary. What is bothersome to me is that someone who interviewed after me at the same DO, got the OL but not I! :)

Oh well ..

Finally got the OL yesterday for Jan 28 @ Masonic -letter dated Dec 29.

ID: Dec 2, 2009 SF
OD: Jan 28, 2010

Interview yesterday

Had my interview yesterday. IO called my name right on schedule. 10 minutes and I was done. 6/6 questions. No other documents required (other than PP, GC and DL). I had read comments on this site and others suggesting taking all other possible docs just in case (e.g. birth cert, marriage cert, W2s, 1040s, previous visa paperwork etc). The IO was very nice and was very professional. Need to wait another week for my eligibility date before they can do final approval, then she said my OL should arrive 2-4 weeks after that. Hoping to make the Feb 18th ceremony, but that might be cutting it close given the 3-5 weeks from now just for the letter. I'll update when my letter arrives.

Range of feelings between interview and OL wait

Good job see you at the oath ceremony....we are taking oath on the same day.

This is most likely not the most comprehensive list of emotions and feelings that I went through during the wait to receive OL after my interview -anxious, impatient, mournful, dejected, hopeful, resentful, jealous, paranoid, angry, frustrated and relieved.

Are you guys planning to hold placards with your 'screen names' to identify each other or ... ?

Not a bad idea

This is most likely not the most comprehensive list of emotions and feelings that I went through during the wait to receive OL after my interview -anxious, impatient, mournful, dejected, hopeful, resentful, jealous, paranoid, angry, frustrated and relieved.

Are you guys planning to hold placards with your 'screen names' to identify each other or ... ?

I like the idea of holding placards with our screen names....LOL!!! mine be easier " I am lucky...waited for 2888 years..."

Had my interview yesterday. IO called my name right on schedule. 10 minutes and I was done. 6/6 questions. No other documents required (other than PP, GC and DL). I had read comments on this site and others suggesting taking all other possible docs just in case (e.g. birth cert, marriage cert, W2s, 1040s, previous visa paperwork etc). The IO was very nice and was very professional. Need to wait another week for my eligibility date before they can do final approval, then she said my OL should arrive 2-4 weeks after that. Hoping to make the Feb 18th ceremony, but that might be cutting it close given the 3-5 weeks from now just for the letter. I'll update when my letter arrives.

Congratulations BritBrat. Do keep us posted as I'm following a week behind you (with my Interview 2 weeks before my naturalization eligibility date).
Also, was your app marriage based? (I'm trying to gauge the number of docs I need to lug with me to USCIS)

Congratulations!!

Brit, congratulations, the wait begins for the OL...hope u get it soon.

Cheers!