N-400 San Francisco timeline

Dublinguy...

I think it all depends on who you see at the door... sometimes they let you in and sometimes they don't... some people insist you cannot get it done earlier... and yet some people allow you... I would try again next wednesday... (I was told they only do walkins on Wed by the person at the door)

Good luck.
m.

Did they Stop Walk FP in ASC, Oakland ?

Today we went for a Walkin FP in ASC, Oakland for my wife at Noon. The Supervisor said that they don't allow walkin FPs before the scheduled Date/Time. He asked us to come on the scheduled date or any Wednesday after the scheduled date.

This was very weired as I got my Walkin Finger Printing some 6 weeks back with out any issues ?

I had to beg and plead - I even offered to sit in the room all day if needed so I could get my fingerprints done during the short thanksgiving week when I was home (I'm out of town during the week).

Basically when the Supervisor realized that I was not going to go away, he let me come back in the afternoon. Otherwise, they are pretty adamant that the fingerprints be done on or after the appointment date.

Also, try 2:25 pm - the place was totally empty at that time when I went. (i.e. not a single person getting fingerprinted) However, if its the same Supervisor, they may recognize you and shoo you away again...

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply GungaDin. I do not have the patience to beg and plead with those guys. The only request I made was "If there is anyway that She can be finger printed now otherwise it is going to unduly delay the process by a few weeks."

The supervisor said that unfortunately they don't do that. Then I said Thank you and walked out. But anyways it's only 2 weeks away and I don't think we will go again before the scheduled date.

received oath letter

Below is my time line:

Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix Arizona : 09/21/2009
priority date : 09/25/2009
FP letter received : 10/11/2009
FP date : 10/29/2009
IL letter received : 11/09/2009
ID : 12/09/2009 ( exactly one month after IL )
I passed the interview ( english test ), but they never recomended me for approval. I had a DUI related arrest back in 2001, so may be my case needed a senior officer approval. On my N-652 "USCIS will mail you a written decision
on your case" check box was marked, and also the interview officer told me that I should hear from USCIS in the next two months. Also at the time of interview I did not have California Driver license, instead I had Illinois driver license, but this was not an issue.

OL : Dec31 2009
OD: Jan 28, 2010.

Oath venue is MASONIC CENTER.

Oath Letter

Hi! received my oath letter to-day 12/31.....

ID 12/07
O/L Rcvd 12/31
OD 01/28/10

Hopefully the whole immigration saga will be over after that...long time in coming.

Got the letter

You are my 'canary in the coal mine,' since when you receive your OL I know that I will not be very far behind. :)

Mohu, check your mailbox you have the oath letter in the mailbox....I am sure since I have got it and someone who had the interview on the 9th also got it, so definitely you are on it too.

Good Luck!!

See you during the oath ceremony

Nothing yet ... ID Dec 2

Still no OL .... ID SF Dec 2 and passed, still waiting for OL. Should I start calling them or any other tips guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no OL .... ID SF Dec 2 and passed, still waiting for OL. Should I start calling them or any other tips guys?

95954, was your ID before your eligibility date (e.g. before your 5-yr LPR or 3-yr marriage date?).

I waited what I thought was too long for my IL, so I made an InfoPass appt in SF and was very pleased that I did... came away with my IL. Maybe the same would be as successful for you and your OL. The staff were very friendly, helpful and it was very quiet in there (8am appt). Might be worth you doing that, even if to put your mind at rest as to (a) whether they sent it already or (b) whether there is a problem.

Cheers, BB

I think you should..

I think you should go ahead and start calling or like Brit..was saying get the Infopass, Mohu hasn't responded either so wonder if he has got his, his ID was the 8th.

Good Luck! & Happy New Year

May the New Year bring lots of Happiness and Oath Letters to all....above all wish to say Good-Bye to anything connected to Immigration.....actually I take that back, now have to file for my wife.....aaaaaaaaghhhh!!!

95954, was your ID before your eligibility date (e.g. before your 5-yr LPR or 3-yr marriage date?).

I waited what I thought was too long for my IL, so I made an InfoPass appt in SF and was very pleased that I did... came away with my IL. Maybe the same would be as successful for you and your OL. The staff were very friendly, helpful and it was very quiet in there (8am appt). Might be worth you doing that, even if to put your mind at rest as to (a) whether they sent it already or (b) whether there is a problem.

Cheers, BB

No my 5 years as LPR were done back in April.

Hey guys...

Sorry I did not reply sooner... I'm in New York and so I cannot check my mailbox until Sunday afternoon... :( but I have my fingers crossed that perhaps I received the letter today... I am hoping (almost against hope) that my letter is already at my house.

Good Thoughts Only!!!!
:D :D :D

Congrats to all who did receive it... I am jealous, but also very happy for you that your journey is almost over.

No my 5 years as LPR were done back in April.

Then I would say go ahead and call. If you don't get an answer as to whether they have sent it or not, or if there is a problem or not, call them back and speak to someone else.... it took me a couple of calls to get someone who was willing to tell me more than "wait for 5 months". The second person I talked to even suggested I make an InfoPass appt because they did not have access to more information. So make InfoPass your backup plan if the calls don't provide any new information.

Info pass

Then I would say go ahead and call. If you don't get an answer as to whether they have sent it or not, or if there is a problem or not, call them back and speak to someone else.... it took me a couple of calls to get someone who was willing to tell me more than "wait for 5 months". The second person I talked to even suggested I make an InfoPass appt because they did not have access to more information. So make InfoPass your backup plan if the calls don't provide any new information.

Thanks for the tips -I got info pass set for Jan 7 -hopefully I may get OL between now and then.

Could I be stuck in notorious FBI name check?

I am wondering if I am stuck in FBI name check black hole ALTHOUGH I passed the N400 interview. Looking at the past postings on this and other boards, it appears that it was common for some people to get stuck in FBI name check that could take years if not months. Then there are postings that say that according to new laws/regulations, INS is not supposed to schedule interviews 'prior' to FBI clearance. Since my country of citizenship is a really F'ed up country, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason I have not yet received my oath letter ....

so wat ha happened was ....post office had too much xmas mail...haha

mail took longer than i expected to get to phonex but am now on track..just received the NOA today :) logged my no. into the online Case Status update and its now just a waiting game...this site has been really helpful:)

District Office: San Francisco, CA

12/15/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix via Priority Mail
12/23/09 : N-400 Received
12/28/09 : Priority date
12/28/09 : Check Cashed
01/02/10 : Notice of Action Received

01/XX/10 : Finger Prints Notice Received
01/XX/10: Walk in FP done
02/XX/10: Interview Letter Received
03/XX/10: Interview
04/XX/10: Oath Letter received
04/XX/10: Oath Date Completed