N-400 San Francisco timeline

Myself and my wife had our interview on December 3rd 2009 as well and I received the oath letter today (Dec 19th) and the oath is scheduled for Jan 7th 2009. Unfortunately we did not receive the invite for my wife yet, hoping we will receive the same on Monday.

Suraj

Last edited by a moderator:
me and my spouse's ID was on 11/30. we both passed it. i got my OL for jan 7th but my wife still did not get the OL.

is it okay if my spouse accompanied me and i have heard that there are chances that she might also be sworn in even thou she does not have the OL but has the "pass" letter from interview.

i read in one of the posts a while back that this can be done...wanted to clarify

This Thread is dying...slowly

me and my spouse's ID was on 11/30. we both passed it. i got my OL for jan 7th but my wife still did not get the OL.

is it okay if my spouse accompanied me and i have heard that there are chances that she might also be sworn in even thou she does not have the OL but has the "pass" letter from interview.

i read in one of the posts a while back that this can be done...wanted to clarify

But how will she get her certificate? since they are not expecting her they may not have the certificate ready and handy...did you try calling them?

No!!

Lucky and Mohu, any letter yet? Hoping for a letter for you for Christmas :)

I was very sure that I will get the letter to-day but I didn't, I also wished that I would get it before Christmas...fingers are still crossed....who know's maybe tomorrow...

Thanks for asking...

Nothing for me... (not yet anyways)....

I haven't received anything yet. I hope I get it soon. :) fingers crossed... I too was hoping for a christmas present.

m.

Gungru,

Any luck? Have your recd the oath letter for your spouse.

We havent recd the same yet. As I posted earlier I recd the letter for myself for Jan 7th.

Suraj

DO: SF: Interviewed Dec 2 & no OL yet

Add me to the list of folks who interviewed and passed on Dec 2 but have not yet received the OL. I was hoping to get it by Xmas but didn't. This means in all likelihood, I won't make the Jan 7 oath date. I am now hoping for Jan 28 oath date.

I talked to my attorney couple of days ago and he said to wait for two more weeks before using info pass.

I interviewed and officer checked the congratulation option and told me that I'd receive the OL in 2-3 weeks but I have not received it yet.

More than anything, it is disappointing -you think you are almost done but not really. It also threw a wrench in my vacation plan which was depending on getting a US passport!!

No nothing yet

Add me to the list of folks who interviewed and passed on Dec 2 but have not yet received the OL. I was hoping to get it by Xmas but didn't. This means in all likelihood, I won't make the Jan 7 oath date. I am now hoping for Jan 28 oath date.

I talked to my attorney couple of days ago and he said to wait for two more weeks before using info pass.

I interviewed and officer checked the congratulation option and told me that I'd receive the OL in 2-3 weeks but I have not received it yet.

More than anything, it is disappointing -you think you are almost done but not really. It also threw a wrench in my vacation plan which was depending on getting a US passport!!

I wish SFO had the same policy as many other DO, same day oath, would have been over with.....Yes, now I think we might be able to make the Jan 28. hopefully.

I wish SFO had the same policy as many other DO, same day oath, would have been over with.....

You and me both!!! I am going to have to cancel some vacation plans also... I would imagine if they just did an oath every day or even just every week this would be so much easier.

That said... I am just happy the process has been quick and smooth... A couple of years ago this would have taken much much longer. My fingers are still crossed to receive a January 7th Oath Date.... but I am not very hopeful that it will happen :(

Lucky2888... have you received anything yet?

Mohu, we are next as my ID was 12/07/09 so I am hoping to get our letters by Wed...

Fingers Crossed

You are my 'canary in the coal mine,' since when you receive your OL I know that I will not be very far behind. :)

eXPEDITED pp

Completed my Oath on 11/19/09. Applied for passport on 11/20/09 & received PP today on 11/23/09.

Oath ceremony was interesting abt 1273 people from 99 countries took oath.

Most people was from china & next one was from INDIA

All the best to everyone who is waiting , your wait will be over soon.

I thank all the members & moderators for helping out & making my journey smooth, i will keep visiting this forum for sometime till i finish my OCI.

My Timeline update:

DO: San Francisco, CA
08/04/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/06/09 : N-400 recieved
08/06/09 : priority date
08/11/09 : Check Cashed
08/15/09 : NOA Received
08/17/09 : FP Notice Received
08/18/09: Walkin FP done
08/24/09: Received Yellow Letter
08/28/09: FP Date
09/17/09: Online status updated to "This case has been sent for a standard interview"
09/18/09: Interview Letter Received
10/29/09: Interview (recommended for approval)
11/03/09: Oath Letter recieved
11/19/09: Oath Date Completed
11/20/09: PP Applied (Expedited)
11/23/09: PP Received

Hi Deeps
couldyoulet me know howyou got your PP in 3 days? where and how did you apply?

Oath

Ok Folks.. all those who are waiting to hear about the progress on the Oath front.
So, I had my Interview on Dec 4th and like you even I'd been anxiously waiting to receive my oath letter.
Today morning I got a call from Officer xyz from USCIC SF office. He said there was a special oath ceremony being held on Jan 21st @ 9am to commemorate the 100 years of Immigration post at Angel Island. The ceremony would be held at Herbst theater (probably not the right spelling) in SF and USCIS Director will be administering the oath. He then asked me whether I'd be interested in attending. I said sure.
Then I was asked how many guests I would like to bring for the ceremony and he made a note of that.
And then he went on to tell me that I'll receive the letter with directions shortly.

So, folks do not despair. Looks like we have more than two oath dates for Jan - three for sure. You should also be hearing soon.

No nothing yet

You are my 'canary in the coal mine,' since when you receive your OL I know that I will not be very far behind. :)

Mohu, now my wish horse is slowly giving up, as I wished for a Christmas Gift I didn't get anything, then I wished for a Birthday Gift (Dec 27th) well nothing again, so now I am just not going to wish... let it come when it does.

Ok Folks.. all those who are waiting to hear about the progress on the Oath front.
So, I had my Interview on Dec 4th and like you even I'd been anxiously waiting to receive my oath letter.
Today morning I got a call from Officer xyz from USCIC SF office. He said there was a special oath ceremony being held on Jan 21st @ 9am to commemorate the 100 years of Immigration post at Angel Island. The ceremony would be held at Herbst theater (probably not the right spelling) in SF and USCIS Director will be administering the oath. He then asked me whether I'd be interested in attending. I said sure.
Then I was asked how many guests I would like to bring for the ceremony and he made a note of that.
And then he went on to tell me that I'll receive the letter with directions shortly.

So, folks do not despair. Looks like we have more than two oath dates for Jan - three for sure. You should also be hearing soon.

JoKing, I was wondering if they will be calling the Chinese descent immigrants waiting for oath?...just curious.

From the Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation:
Dear Friends,

We are happy to share some exciting news about the upcoming centennial of the U.S. Immigration Station, Angel Island. One hundred years ago, on January 21, 1910, over 200 Chinese immigrants were shipped from the Chinese Detention Shed located at First and Brannan Street in San Francisco to open the Angel Island Immigration Station. One hundred years later, we will commemorate the opening of this National Historic Landmark with a naturalization ceremony of 100 new U.S. citizens. The newly appointed Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, Mr. Alejandro Mayorkas, will administer the Oath of Allegiance.

In addition, we will have invited Mayor Newsom, Governor Schwarzenegger, and other local officials to speak on the program along with AIISF leaders. We plan to pay tribute to several individuals who have played an instrumental role in restoring the Immigration Station.

Join us on Thursday, January 21, 2010 at the Herbst Theater, 401 Van Ness Ave., in San Francisco. The program will start at 10 a.m. and conclude by 11:30 a.m. Admission is free.

Throughout the year we will hold public events, including a June 12 launch party for Erika Lee and Judy Yung's new book, Angel Island : Immigrant Gateway to America. We look forward to seeing you as we celebrate 100 years of Pacific immigration.

Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving,

Eddie Wong
Executive Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they Stop Walk FP in ASC, Oakland ?

Today we went for a Walkin FP in ASC, Oakland for my wife at Noon. The Supervisor said that they don't allow walkin FPs before the scheduled Date/Time. He asked us to come on the scheduled date or any Wednesday after the scheduled date.

This was very weired as I got my Walkin Finger Printing some 6 weeks back with out any issues ?