N-400 San Francisco timeline

Anyone still waiting beyond 7-month processing time?

My PD is in May, FP in June, just wondering how many are in the same boat.

Yes, I haven't received IL and it's been over 7 moths. Full timeline is:

N-400 mailed - 05/07/2007
N-400 received/PD - 05/09/2007
Check cashed - 05/24/2007
FP Notice received - 06/01/2007
FP Date - 06/16/2007

Since my case is outside of the processing time as of today, I've just called USCIS Customer Service and spoke to a representative. She submitted Service Request, gave me a confirmation number and asked to wait for 45 days to hear the results of this request. She indicated that I may receive a response from the processing center irrespective of this Service Request, so whichever comes sooner.

My timeline in the post right above.

Interview today 9:10 AM SF - Completed!

N-400 mailed - 06/25/07 Rcvd 07/11/07 (Per Online Case Status)
Priority Date - 07/06/07
Check Cashed 07/16/07
I-797C Notice Date- 07/24/07
FP Notice – 07/25/07
FP Date/Done - 08/14/07
Interview Notice - 11/22/07 Received
Interview Date - 01/10/08 =Passed!
Oath Notice - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX

Had my 9:10AM interview today at 630 Sansome St., also parked at the “one hour” meters just outside the buildings; that worked out great actually. Walked up to the window gave my IL to the lady and she asked me to sit in Section “A”. Its 8:55 at this point. My name was called at 9:37 by my interviewer standing by the open door.
We walked into his small office with stuff all over his desk and he asked me to raise my right hand and we got underway immediately. He asked to see my Drivers License or ID and my Green Card which he took both and looked at them then placed in front of him on the desk the entire interview. He asked for my passport but I told him I did not have one -have not traveled outside the U.S. since 1990, he then asked me if I have stayed in the USA continuously within the last five years , I answered Yes.
My answers on the N-400 were verified one by one and he wanted to know about a ticket I received back in 1988 since it was trespassing related.. I showed him copies of the ticket and court disposition which he meticulously read every word and verified the dates of the incident since it was different from what was found on the citation. I explained that I was 18 at the time 40 currently and not a single law enforcement contact since.. with that..we moved off that topic thank God.
Then more questions about if I was a Terrorist and would I fight for this country and so fourth.. I was asked to write a sentence on a piece of paper, mine was “ I go to the Grocery Store to buy my food” Next I was asked to read 10 civics/history questions out loud and provide the answer..the standard ones.. how many stars on the flag.. if pres and vice pres gets killed whos next in line?.. what was the 50th state? Who sits at the Capital building? What is the United Nations ? Who is Martin Luther King?At this point about 25 minutes has passed since I sat down.. was asked to sign some pictures, verify how my name was written..then he provided me with this N-652 Naturalization Interview Results form with “You passed the English/history and Govt test” and box A) checked with Congratulations! I was handed a envelope with instructions on how to apply for a passport during the oath. I was told that I would receive my oath letter shortly with the ceremony scheduled for about a month from the interview date. Finally the interviewer kind of smiled? kind of.. and wished me his congratulations as I stood up and walked out the room with a silent exhale saying to myself wow it over!

Last edited by a moderator:
What documents are needed to apply passport for minor child of naturalized parents

Can someone please let me know
I think it should be
1. Green card
2. APplication form
3. Birth Certificate
4. Parent's naturalization certificate

If parents are also applying for passport, the nat certificate will be submitted with their passport application. So, how do we apply for child passport without naturalization cert

Please help.

Early FP done in Oakland

Mailed : 12/1/07
PD : 12/10/07
ND :12/14 for spouse, 12/18/07 for me
FP letter mailed by INS : 1/10/08
FP letter received : 1/14/08
Went to Oakland with e-ticket copy at 8:30 am -- guy at the door called his supe and allowed us in for early FP.
Early FP done: 1/15/08
Actual FP appointment: 2/05/08 ( that was the date we were coming back -- so would have been hard to rush to the FP app from the airport )
Guess the wait is on for IL now

Can someone please let me know
I think it should be
1. Green card
2. APplication form
3. Birth Certificate
4. Parent's naturalization certificate
If parents are also applying for passport, the nat certificate will be submitted with their passport application. So, how do we apply for child passport without naturalization cert
Is it the first passport? I assume so. So just follow the instructions on DS-11.
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html also has instructions. You need ONLY birth certificate of child as proof or naturalization certificate of child, photos, checks, filled in form. Your and wifes photo id for proof (no need to submit). No need for parents certificate, green card etc. They never ask green card in passport processing. You can also walk into a post office and ask them for any specifics.

Thanks desihai

for the feedback. appreciate the help.

my daughter is not born in USA.
So, does this change anything. This is her first US passport
What documents does she need for applying for US passport?

Passport/Naturalization certificate received by Express mail. Both in the same envelope, arrived from Hawthorne St, San Francisco. 8 days turnaround.

Oath letter recieved today 1/17 and oath date for 2/12/2008. Good luck all

Hey Sunnycalif2007!

Congrats, looks like our schedule was very close with same IL date.
I’m dying to go home now and check if my Oath Letter also arrived!!
I wasn’t expecting it this early yet every case is different and I may still have to wait. Either way I think its too late to register to vote for the California Primaries?

Now im going to be anxious to go home the rest of the day, hoping OL is waiting for me also. Again, Congrats!

Priority Date - 07/06/07
Check Cashed 07/16/07
FP Notice – 07/25/07
FP Date/Done - 08/14/07
Oath Notice - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX

Either way I think its too late to register to vote for the California Primaries?

yes it is indeed too late, the election is on Feb 5, so by the time you become citizen on Feb 12, its already over. The deadline if i remember is around jan 22 to register for primaries.

I Oath Letter received: 12/13/07
Oath Date: 1/8/08
II Oath letter received: 12/28/07
Oath Rescheduled Date : 1/24/08

Thanks, PP2007, I was looking for information on what delay I could be looking at if I rescheduled my oath ceremony, and you provided exactly that information. I am thrilled to see that USCIS readily accommodated your request and rescheduled you for the next available date.

My interview was back in June 2006, over a year and a half ago. Last month I had to go get fingerprinted again due to expiration, and I had a feeling that it was just a formality and an oath letter would finally be arriving soon. Sure enough, it came yesterday, for February 12. Don't you know - I'll be in Brazil. Mailed the letter back with a request to reschedule, and I was sure it will mean another 2 years wait. But now I see from your timeline that it was no problem and no delay at all, so I'm hopeful that I will receive a new invitation for February 26 or March 11. I have more travel in April.

By the way, it wasn't clear where to return the invitation. I mailed it to the San Francisco office at 630 Sansome that was handling my case. Hope I did right.

I wonder why USCIS won't set up a webpage where one, once issued an invitation letter, could pick an oath date from a calendar of available dates. Would spare them and us all this back and forth of snail mail and extra manual processing effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m dying to go home now and check if my Oath Letter also arrived!!

Nuts! - it didn’t arrive yet the wait continues. I have no room to complain about waiting..its actually been a quick and painless process thus far.......
stay tuned...
Priority Date - 07/06/07
Check Cashed 07/16/07
FP Notice – 07/25/07
FP Date/Done - 08/14/07
Oath Notice - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX
X

By the way, it wasn't clear where to return the invitation. I mailed it to the San Francisco office at 630 Sansome that was handling my case. Hope I did right.

I wonder why USCIS won't set up a webpage where one, once issued an invitation letter, could pick an oath date from a calendar of available dates. Would spare them and us all this back and forth of snail mail and extra manual processing effort.

Mailing address is correct. I had that confusion, and lot of research found from USCIS website itself we have to send to district office. So 630 Sansome is indeed correct.

You are asking USCIS setup a webpage to do online stuff? LOL! The center does not even update the webpage to reflect any status. How do you you expect them to do these stuffs.

Interview completed

Hello Everyone,

I am thankful to many of you in this forum :)

Here is my interview experience:

My interview was on Jan 18 2008 at 10.20am. I took BART (Daly city train) from Union city station and got down at Embarcado at 8.30am. The sansome street is about 3-4 blocks from the station. I had breakfast in the McDonalds at the intersection of Sansome and Shutter. Again, it was about 4-5 blocks walk to the USCIS office.

The security guard at the entrance said that I had to leave my cellphone (bec it was camera phone) in the shop just opposite to the office for 3$. They gave me small yellow envelop to put cellphone/keys etc which I did. I read from previous interview experiences that camera phone is not allowed but I had few reasons to carry it till USCIS office.

I started waiting for my name to be called since 9.30am and finally I was called at 10.45am. It was a lady officer who checked every question on my application. I had memorized all dates from my app since many of you posted that it was useful. I was glad that I had a copy of my app.

She asked me to write a statement in English and read a statement also. She asked me 10 civic questions and I answered all 9 but one question she was expecting textbook answer which I didnt provide.

She was asking about the one and only traffic ticket I got in 11 years and she was satisfied with my proof of ticket fine/traffic school attendance. I was glad I had all the proof.

Finally, she gave me the paper which read "Congratulations...." and said my oath letter will arrive in mail and she was not sure of the timeframe.

After sending out N400, I had a travel stamp (to India) in my passport and she asked me to count the days I had stayed during the trip. Thanks to allof you who posted in your experience summary.

She had all my photos so the photos I took were not useful. I carried my birth cert, I140 copies, tax transcripts faxed from IRS was not asked.

I noticed that some parents brought their infant, toddlers, boys/girls to the interview hall.

After sending out N400, I had a travel stamp (to India) in my passport and she asked me to count the days I had stayed during the trip. Thanks to allof you who posted in your experience summary.

How many days were you out of country after applying for N400? What did the IO say after you counted and told her the number? Jut curious to know, since I also made a trip out of country recently. Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

I am thankful to many of you in this forum :)

Here is my interview experience:

My interview was on Jan 18 2008 at 10.20am. I took BART (Daly city train) from Union city station and got down at Embarcado at 8.30am. The sansome street is about 3-4 blocks from the station. I had breakfast in the McDonalds at the intersection of Sansome and Shutter. Again, it was about 4-5 blocks walk to the USCIS office.

The security guard at the entrance said that I had to leave my cellphone (bec it was camera phone) in the shop just opposite to the office for 3$. They gave me small yellow envelop to put cellphone/keys etc which I did. I read from previous interview experiences that camera phone is not allowed but I had few reasons to carry it till USCIS office.

I started waiting for my name to be called since 9.30am and finally I was called at 10.45am. It was a lady officer who checked every question on my application. I had memorized all dates from my app since many of you posted that it was useful. I was glad that I had a copy of my app.

She asked me to write a statement in English and read a statement also. She asked me 10 civic questions and I answered all 9 but one question she was expecting textbook answer which I didnt provide.

She was asking about the one and only traffic ticket I got in 11 years and she was satisfied with my proof of ticket fine/traffic school attendance. I was glad I had all the proof.

Finally, she gave me the paper which read "Congratulations...." and said my oath letter will arrive in mail and she was not sure of the timeframe.

She had all my photos so the photos I took were not useful. I carried my birth cert, I140 copies, tax transcripts faxed from IRS was not asked.

I noticed that some parents brought their infant, toddlers, boys/girls to the interview hall.

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have just sent my N400 application last December awaiting for the receipt notice. It is highly likely that I will be having a oath ceremony in SF DO, as Thinking has done the interview process.

I have one question. According to Thinking's interview, the interview officer has asked a question regarding Thinking's 11 years old traffic ticket.
I think I also had one traffic ticket (speeding) more than 10 years ago. Of course, I did pay the fine and go to a traffic school for that. However, I did not have the record of paying fine nor traffic school certificate because it is too old. For my future interview, will it be a problem?

Please answer my question and I appreciate your help.

aloha_CA

How many days were you out of country after applying for N400? What did the IO say after you counted and told her the number? Jut curious to know, since I also made a trip out of country recently. Thanks.

I was out of the country for 3 weeks. My total number of days earlier was 61 and she added 21 to it but the officer didnt say anything about it.