N-400 San Francisco timeline

Interview not a good experience?

Had my interview today. I was called in 30mins earlier. The agent was too fast with her questions. Asked questions related to my
application. Provided my GC, Drivers license and two passports(old and new) as requested. Asked 7 Civics/history questions. Asked
to write a sentence. Signed the application and Photos. Asked to verify my name, DOB and country. Recieved Passport application.

but at the end she says that she is yet to receive a document and so cannot make a decision today. I will be receiving a written decision in mail. She gave me N-654( Naturalization Interview Results) listing

1) You passed the tests of English and US history and government.
2) USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

Should I be concerned? What document ? When should I go for infopass if I don’t get the mail anytime soon?

Had my interview today. I was called in 30mins earlier. The agent was too fast with her questions. Asked questions related to my
application. Provided my GC, Drivers license and two passports(old and new) as requested. Asked 7 Civics/history questions. Asked
to write a sentence. Signed the application and Photos. Asked to verify my name, DOB and country. Recieved Passport application.

but at the end she says that she is yet to receive a document and so cannot make a decision today. I will be receiving a written decision in mail. She gave me N-654( Naturalization Interview Results) listing

Should I be concerned? What document ? When should I go for infopass if I don’t get the mail anytime soon?

In the letter she gave you, they must have mention which document you need to provide. Please read carefully.

Did you not ask what document ? Is your USC based on marriage or 5 years after GC. Do you have any court cases/police related documents ? I would have asked her clearly what documents because you will ask the same during infopass to the officer anyway. Maybe you asked and they did not provide a answer clearly

Did you not ask what document ? Is your USC based on marriage or 5 years after GC. Do you have any court cases/police related documents ? I would have asked her clearly what documents because you will ask the same during infopass to the officer anyway. Maybe you asked and they did not provide a answer clearly

My USC was based on 5 years after GC and filed as single. She did not disclose the name of the document but mentioned that she did not receive it from her office. I have no pending police cases.

Oath letter lost ?

My wife and I had our interviews on Nov 14. At that time, we requested that we get to take our oath on the same day. I received my oath letter a week back for the oath on Dec 18. However, my wife still has not received hers. My guess is that her oath letter is lost in the mail. Would infopass be the right thing to do or is there any other means to contact them ?

As it turned out, I got my interview letter right after posting this.
Priority Date : June 06, 2007 (I had this wrong in my last post)
IL received : Sept 18, 2007
Interview date : Oct 31, 2007

My wife also got hers with almost identical dates as above (add 1 to all 3)

There was no change at all on the online status and I did not receive an email, so I guess that did not work for me atleast.

I will request a reschedule for the interviews since I have to. Will update on how that goes.
An update on this. We got our original interview letter for Oct 31. We mailed in a letter requesting to be rescheduled and were rescheduled for Nov 14. Not suggesting that people should reschedule lightly (we had no option), but just thought I would add that datapoint since the general belief on the forum seems to be that rescheduling leads to huge delays.

I think InfoPass is your best choice. If indeed the letter got lost in the mail they might be able to give you a replacement letter on the spot. Perhaps they will tell you if her case got delayed for some other reason like supervisor review.

My wife and I had our interviews on Nov 14. At that time, we requested that we get to take our oath on the same day. I received my oath letter a week back for the oath on Dec 18. However, my wife still has not received hers. My guess is that her oath letter is lost in the mail. Would infopass be the right thing to do or is there any other means to contact them ?
Can you please post your full timeline. I am curious what is your PD, FP date and also date you received the OL.

Thanks!

More update from my side:
Fremont, CA
Posted on 12/1/2007.
Received on 12/11/2007 (tracked certified mail - 10 days to reach from NorCal to SoCal -- jeez!)
Checks cashed on 12/12/2007

I can see the cashed copy of the checks online -- can I use that to guess my receipt data/notice data/priority date ?
How much longer to get receipt notice in hand ?
How much longer to get FP notice ? How long do we have to complete FP -- we will be out of the country in the last 2 weeks of Jan ?

thanks
tt tt

Interview experience for marriage based

I had my interview today. I was recommended for approval and now waiting for the oath letter to arrive in the mail. I felt like I was really grinded by the officer; my application was based on marriage. It almost felt like doing the green card interview with my wife 3 years ago all over, only this time my wife was not there.
She asked me to show her all the documents that they asked for in my interview letter - I brought original and photocopy along. Documents listed on my letter were: green card, evidence of selective service, passport, marriage certificate, and proof of death/divorce for prior marriage, proof of citizenship for spouse

The first question she asked me even before the interview started was; "where is your wife?" , although she admitted bringing my wife was not a requirement. She went through the questions in the application with strong emphasis on questions pertaining to my marriage/spouse. Since my marriage was genuine I answered all of her questions satisfactorily. She asked me to read and write a sentence in English. She also asked me 7 History questions.
On my way out, she thanked me for being well prepared and mentioned that all the marriage based citizen cases she had today was not approved because the applicants did not come in prepared.

For those of you filing your application based on marriage; here are some lessons I learned which I think may be useful for you:

1) If at all possible bring your spouse to the interview with you, even though this is not a requirement but I think it will make your life much easier.
2) Know your spouse birth date and your date of marriage by heart.
3) Come prepared. Bring all original and photocopy of materials (showing both names) you turned in when you originally submitted application, mostly especially materials with dates on them. For example if you applied in June and you submitted application with June mortgage bill, make sure you bring the last bill closest to when your interview is scheduled.
It is important you bring in photocopies of all original documents; in my case I was asked to provide a most recent copy of a document, luckily I had a photocopy of this document which she gladly accepted.

I hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------
DO: SFO
06/29/07 N-400 Mailed (based on marriage)
07/2/07 Priority Date
07/24/07 Received FP notice
08/7/07 FP Done at Oakland [Appointment was 08/7]
10/18/07 Interview Notice sent
10/20/07 Received IL in mail
12/13/07 Interview day
??? Oath

I received the oath letter, unfortunately I need to reschedule as I am out of country during that time. (in India). The oath letter says "If you cannot attend this ceremony, return this notice immediately and state why you cannot appear."

Question, where do we send the letter? It has come from Laguana Niguel. They dont specify the address to send the form to. But I attended interview at SF and FP at Oakland. Also how long do you think it may take to reschdule? Will it be within a month? Also should we include a cover letter for reason or write in the Oath letter itself.

Thanks!

No Oath Letter

My wife and I applied for citizenship in July and had our interview on November 2nd in San Francisco. We both passed the test and got a Congratulations note from the officer, who said he would be recommending us for citizenship.

Wife is pregnant and the officer said he would get both of us an oath date in December. Wife received her Oath letter - its on Dec 18th. However, I am yet to receive my oath letter.

I notice that people who had interview after me have already got their oath letters.
I called the customer service number and was told that they cant find my case - it must be at the local DO and they dont maintain N400 oath cases. I should essentially wait for 120 days and ask again. Other than Infopass, is there any way to find out why this delay just for me?

Was wondering if anyone else has gone through this or faced a similar situation and can provide some insight on whether there is anything we can do.

Interview Date: Nov/2/2007
(Dont remember other dates - will post when I dig in and find out)

Question, where do we send the letter? It has come from Laguana Niguel. They dont specify the address to send the form to. But I attended interview at SF and FP at Oakland. Also how long do you think it may take to reschdule? Will it be within a month? Also should we include a cover letter for reason or write in the Oath letter itself.

Thanks!

After doing some research, I send the original back to SF DO address in Sansome St. The USPS tracking says they received it. I included a cover letter explaining the reason also. Not sure how long the wait is. Anyone with rescheduling experience ?

Hi Guys,

I got my wife's receipt in the mail ( RD 12/10/07 , PD 12/10/07, ND 12/14/07) but did not get my notice. Also the envelope had been opened -- I need to know:
1) Does the INS send the reciepts together in one envelope or in two seperate envelopes ? -- we had mailed the package with both our application in one envelope, however we had included two seperate checks for $675 for each of us.

2) I can see the cashed copy of the check and based on the number there which matches my wife's application number WSC*00209----, I can guess my WSC number also.

3) when I try to enter both the numbers in the case status online I get the following message:

Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Has anyone faced this before ? -- does the lost receipt notice really hamper further processing ? or has anyone received the receipt notices on two seperate days in the mail ? or has anyone received both the receipt notices in the same envelope ?

Please let me know....
thanks
tt tt

Reciepts came in different mail

Hi Guys,

I got my wife's receipt in the mail ( RD 12/10/07 , PD 12/10/07, ND 12/14/07) but did not get my notice. Also the envelope had been opened -- I need to know:
1) Does the INS send the reciepts together in one envelope or in two seperate envelopes ? -- we had mailed the package with both our application in one envelope, however we had included two seperate checks for $675 for each of us.

2) I can see the cashed copy of the check and based on the number there which matches my wife's application number WSC*00209----, I can guess my WSC number also.

3) when I try to enter both the numbers in the case status online I get the following message:

Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Has anyone faced this before ? -- does the lost receipt notice really hamper further processing ? or has anyone received the receipt notices on two seperate days in the mail ? or has anyone received both the receipt notices in the same envelope ?

Please let me know....
thanks
tt tt

tt tt,
No worries - my receipt came in a different mail (my wife's came later by a week or so). You can look at your bank statements to see if your check was encashed too. Usually the FP/Interview is together (as in "same day") (with spouse) but need not always be true (as in my case - see above. We had interview on same day - but she got her oath done yesterday (18th) - and I have not recvd Oath letter yet :-( )

thank you! coobangy
I can see that my check was cashed and I can also see the WSC number on the copy of the check. I will wait for my recepit notice over the next few days with out any tension :)