N-400 San Francisco timeline

get IL,online status disapeared,thanks all,one question ,what is the select service regristation meaning?

It is not select service regristation. It is selective service registration. Ever heard of Larry Page and Sergey Brin's company ?!

http://www.sss.gov/FSwho.htm

Almost all male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service. ....

Almost all other male noncitizens are required to register, including illegal aliens, legal permanent residents, and refugees.

Wow! Even illegals should register.... Can they vote?

Are you sure address is 650? I think you have a mistake. Please check the IL again..

Ahh Yes thank you for pointing that out, I have a IL interview at 630 Sansome St. on 1/10/07. I’m in the process of gathering "The List" of documents together. I have everything except a Trespassing Citation from when I was 18..mind you im 39 now.. I have to get that release from the courts I assume. My IRS Transcript + Driving history. Come on do they really get in so much detail that your DMV is checked ?

Thanks Jedi.

I have a question. My wife is in India, Never been to US. What is the fastest way to bring her?. My understanding is that we need I-130 recipt number for filing I-129 (k3). Considering the I-130 recipting delays, is it ok to file I-130 as LPR and get the recipt date befor the oath and file I-129 (K3) on the oath date and status change the I-130 from LPR to Citizen.

Any advice?

Thanks

sunnicalif2007,

This question is probably best for Huracan. Look for a post and ask the question there. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Best Wishes,
-Jedi.Knight

Interview done!

Interview over. I reached the location 1.5 hours before my slot taking BART and after the security check, went to second floor. They do not allow camera phones and a couple in front of me were sent back to keep the camera in their car. Like airports, wallet, keys, phone, belt, bags, files have to be placed in a tray for X-Ray. After the check, I sat down and read some newspapers for 40 minutes. I went to the receptionist and gave my IL letter. She checked off my name in the list of people in their paper and asked me to wait in a Pod. They have many pods. Exactly at my time, the officer called me and went inside. Asked questions from the app, and then a english sentence read/write and 7 History/Civics question and signed the papers, and photos and all done. Out in 10 minutes.
Documents asked : GC, Driver license and passport though I had a big file of several documents. I have a traffic ticket 4 years ago, but no documents was asked. Just 3 documents as mentioned above.

Most people were by themselves, though I saw few lawyer types.

Any news about oath date?
No, I did not get any specifics except the officer told me that I will get oath letter in mail. In a printed sheet they give, the standard wording is 2-4 months for oath letter. They seem to have 2 oaths each month in SF.

Interview Done

Interview Done. Almost same experience as desihai described few posts before. Whole interview process took 20 minutes. Interview officer went through application in detail, Checked ID, GC, Passports, one sentence to read, one to write, 7 questions on US History/Civics. I had change of address(I moved one month after submitting N-400) from Fremont to San Jose, so interviewer asked me to chose if I want Oath in SF and SJC, which obviously I chose SF for 2 reasons. Don't want to delay everything by transferring case form one DO to another and also SF is faster. So officer put my new address on form and also changed it in history of residences. I also had mailing address different than home address(I did this intentionally in N-400 since I had to move) and this point officer asked me to make both same or keep it different. I had a few changes in my application and officer gladly changed everything for me. Signed application and signed photos. Interview officer also asked to pick up an envelope containing form for US passport, which can be filled in and dropped at oath ceremony. Phones are allowed, camera phones are not. Security check is just like what it is at airport. All in all smooth experience.

Quick update to all the folks that I received my IL too, Interview on 1/10, yeah!!!

Looks like the oath will either be on 2/12 or 2/24 per Masonic Center CIS bookings.

Lately, is it taking about a month after your interview for the oath or even that has slowed down?

--------------
7/5/2007 - Sent application by Fedex
7/6/2007 - Received by USCIS
7/11/2007 - Check cashed
??? - Priority Date
7/24/2007 - Notice Date
7/27/2007 - Receipt Notice I-797C Received by me
7/30/2007 - Received FP Notice for Aug 11th 2007 by me
8/11/2007 - Finger Printing at Oakland
11/21/2007 - Received Interview Letter
1/10/2008 - Interview at SF Sansome
?? - Oath Letter Received
?? - Oath Ceremony

Looks like the oath will either be on 2/12 or 2/24 per Masonic Center CIS bookings.

Lately, is it taking about a month after your interview for the oath or even that has slowed down?

Congratulations! As per Masonic bookings I see the oaths are on 2/12 or 2/26? Just wanted to confirm we are looking at same calender. How do you say it is a month, have you sifted through the data or a guess? We have to get oath letters immediately if they want to give 1 month notice.

Congratulations! As per Masonic bookings I see the oaths are on 2/12 or 2/26? Just wanted to confirm we are looking at same calender. How do you say it is a month, have you sifted through the data or a guess? We have to get oath letters immediately if they want to give 1 month notice.

2-3 weeks to get Oath letter form date of interview and another 2-3 weeks after that letter is Oath scheduled. So roughly 4 to 6 weeks. I checked dates of "svj" and it was 5 weeks after Interview.
Next available oath dates are 12/04 and 12/18 in 2007. In 2008 we are looking at 01/08, 01/24, 02/12, 02/26, 03/11, 03/25 ...
So going by that you(desihai) should have Oath 01/08 and Torontorian may be 02/12 or 02/26(more likely), but again, timelines can change. I generally have a feeling that timelines are going to increase and not reduce, but as of now 5-6 weeks is safe bet.

Had my interview today at SFO. It was very smooth, the IO asked for my Passport, Driver license and Green card that it no other documents. Asked the questions in my application and asked the 7 civics and history question and asked me to write a sentence in English. Signed the papers and photo and out in 9 min.:)

I took my mother on 11/30. She is 74. They asked her 10 questions. She said IO was very nice. Her fingure print does not turned out to be good, so he ask to send the Police Clearance Certificate, which we get it and mailed.

PP2007,

I live in Fremont too. If we get the same oath date, may be we can do carpool, I will pay for Car Parking.

CSC N-400 mailed today

Date when I became a perm resident : 02/07/2003

Date when my wife became a perm resident : 02/27/2003

Mailed in both N-400 applications today to CSC on 12/1/2007, just under the 90 days deadline.
Got a few questions:
1) How long before I can expect to see the checks cashed ?
2) How long before the receipt is sent ?
3) How long before the FP notice is sent ? I will be out of the country for 2 weeks from the middle of Jan.
4) Ideally how long before we get to the interview ?

thanks
tt tt

1) How long before I can expect to see the checks cashed ?
2) How long before the receipt is sent ?
3) How long before the FP notice is sent ? I will be out of the country for 2 weeks from the middle of Jan.
4) Ideally how long before we get to the interview

If you see my signature, it gives a feeling for those who applied in mid June. However, unfortunately it has gotten worse subsequently, but hopefully USCIS will catch up soon. Also it depends on where you live. Whether you are associated with SF or SJ district office. You have posted the same question in both SF and SJ thread. Can you tell us where you live. For example Fremont comes under SF and generally SF is faster than SJ center. I think you can be out of country in Jan without issues, the FP will be after that only. However when you go to interview, you have to say this trip to IO and amend the application.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you desihai!

I too live in Fremont so I guess fall under the SF office.

I had read on cnn that from now on the N400 will take 15-18 months due to a large number of filings to avoid the higher fees that took effect in july plus due to the election 2008 drive to file N400 applications -- hence my concern.

Hopefully the FP notices do not interfere with our trip.

thanks again!
tt tt

Hi,
My wife has done 2nd PF in June, but she didn't get any update after that. No IL yet. She took a Infopass(Oct 17th) and the officer gave form for submiting a enquiry. She also called the FBI number but got standard message that they will send the result to another office in Washington in 2wks, but Washington office will not answer to queries by phone.

Anyone has similar experience? What should my wife do next to get any information?
------------------------
12/26/06 N-400 Mailed
02/06/07 1st FP
06/15/07 2nd FP
IL not received yet

IL received.
01/07/08 - Interview at SF