N-400 possible interview issue - Passport return stamp missing

SENTHIL MURUGESAN

Registered Users (C)
Team ,

I applied for N-400 week before . But I have one issue . can you guide me on this .

On my third trip from INDIA TO DALLAS , I have Indian immigration out stamp . But the office in dallas did not stamp the entry , I did not see until now .

I have all other entry and exit stamps for other 3 trips . What will happen IF IO could not able to verify the stamp for those days .

Please kindly help

A missing stamp is not a problem. When they swiped your green card or passport in Dallas, they recorded your entry in the system and USCIS can see that entry.

Does any one experianced similar issue . where a stamp is missing , for NON canada travel . please kindly post your experiance .

thank you all

Does any one experianced similar issue . where a stamp is missing , for NON canada travel . please kindly post your experiance .

thank you all

You are worrying too much, I can't tell you when my passport was last stamped by US immigration, except to swipe my green card and look at my UN Laissez Passer and send me on my way. I am certain USCIS won't browbeat you for a missing passport stamp, all that they have to do is pull-out your entry and exit file from DHS databases and verify themselves. However, since this is a free country, you are free to worry and moan about a missing stamp, the rest of us are going to enjoy life....lol!!!!

Yes, I traveled to Cuba once and they didn't stamp my passport. :)

I have landed couple of times in airport where there are no immigration officials and only customs available. The customs refused to stamp the passport. But they had stamped and signed the pax maifest. No problems with no US entry and exit stamps on passport. But there were departure stamps from European airports. You will have departure stamp from India and that will do.

You have nothing to worry about. I had the same issue, just in case, I brought a print out of my travel itinerary and my ticket stubs to the interview. The IO didn't ask for them and he didn't say anything while checking my passport pages. I'm sure they have all your entries listed on the computer screen while they interview you.

I had a similar issue. I had a stamp of a different date of my actual port of entry date in my passport. I realized that when I filled out my application but didn't think it's a big deal. Therefore I did not bring any record of itenary with me for the interview. However during my interview the IO spent at least 5 mins trying to verify that stamp, as the stamp date was different than the date I put in my application. I had nothing to support what I filled out was correct. She did try to verify via some computer programs but I wasn't sure what she found. Luckily, she was nice enough to trust me. I was able to defense myself that the immigration officer at the port forgot to change the "month" on the stamp and therefore there was a discrepancy.

If I were you I would bring a record of your travel itenary. Just to be safe.

thank you all

The IO who interviewed me did not even look at the passport, let alone check the stamps. I am sure they have other ways to do it and not search matching in/out stamps in the passport.