N-400 - Part 4 - US or overseas address?

blkhawk

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am planning to sumbit my N-400 while living overseas. I have a N-470 and I-131 so I am covered ( I am currently employed overseas by a US company).

I am wondering what address I should have on my N-400 application as my home address. would that be US or overseas address?

Also, let's say I wait until I move back to the USA in order to sumbit my N-400. Should my overseas address be listed in Part 6a (where have you lived during the past 5 years) at all?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I am planning to sumbit my N-400 while living overseas. I have a N-470 and I-131 so I am covered ( I am currently employed overseas by a US company).

I am wondering what address I should have on my N-400 application as my home address. would that be US or overseas address?

Also, let's say I wait until I move back to the USA in order to sumbit my N-400. Should my overseas address be listed in Part 6a (where have you lived during the past 5 years) at all?

Thanks in advance.

Don't submit your N-400 while overseas. You have to read this before (page 20/21):
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't submit your N-400 while overseas. You have to read this before (page 20/21):
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Thanks for your reply. what exactly should I be looking at? I don't see where it says that I have to be in the US before I can apply for N-400!

I already have over 2.5 years of physical presence. My only concern is whether I should return to the USA permanently before I can apply for N400.

Have you kept up your US abode while you are working outside US?

A few months before I started my assignment overseas, I sold my house and moved in with a co-worker. He owns his place. So basically we shared the house. Four months later, I moved to Sydney-Australia. Since then, I have kept the same US address for mail, driver's license, bank accounts, taxes, credit cards...etc.

I lived in Nevada for 8 years and never lived anywhere else in the USA. Once my assignment is up, I will move back to Nevada so back to the same US district.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks again.