Check cashed on 06/18/2008
NOA received- 06/26/2008
PD- 06/17/2008
FP-Notice received 06/27/2008
FP - Scheduled on 07/10/2008
FP - Completed on 07/10/2008
IL - Notice Date 07/22/2008
IL - Appointment 08/28/2008

Can anyone tell about their interview experiences at Oklahoma City DO with their PD? Thanks

Narayana7

N400_waiting in OKC

Congrats to you as it was quite fast processing...

I'm still waiting for my IL as I have applied in March 2008. I guess my file has stuck somewhere...I called 800 number and did talked to second tier Customer Service people, according to her INS has not recieved the FP from FBI. I called FBI for FP and they said it was sent back on 4/4/08.

According to IO, I just need to wait as my case is well within 12-15 months time range for N400.

Did anybody (in OKC) talked to FBI for name check?
Well, I can understand the name check delay asI'm from PK and my last name is the most famous last name in Muslim world.
I hope I won't be stuck here in this lane forever....

N-400 Sent - 03/7/2008
PD - 03/11/2008
FP - Notice - 03/21/2008
FP - completed on 04/04/2008
IL - ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys want to know about my timelines; here you are:

Case Details:
N-400
1- Receipt Date: Oct 2006
2- First Fingerprinting: Oct 2006
3- Got a letter from FBI that namecheck was cleared on Nov, 2007
4- Got second fingerprinting on Feb, 2008
5- Got the IV on May, 2008 and was told that the decision cannot be made without supervisor’s approval
6- Got info from congressional office that the case is in Administrative Review.
7- No Oath Letter as of yet?

OK-Boy,

I feel for you, I hope the supervisor is looking into your application right now and soon yo'll get some good news.
How long did you wait before contacting FBI for Name Check?
Did they response in recent amount of time?

As I mentioned in previous post that my name check is going on for 4 months.
Even if it done with FBI, who knows how long it will take DO-OKC to complete other official formalities.

Who did you contact from Congress?

Good Luck and hang in there?

Here is my time line :

N-400 - Sent 06/14/2008
Received at TSC on 06/17/2008
NOA received- 06/26/2008
PD- 06/17/2008

Can anyone tell about their interview experiences at Oklahoma City DO with their PD? Thanks

Narayana7

Interview completed on 08/28/2008
Finished Successfully and waiting for Oath letter.
Any idea when will the oath letter be mailed and oath date.
I heard that OK DO will have one oath ceremony every month. Is It right?
Any one who had completed Interview at OK DO, will be able to know how many days time it will take for oath.

Your knowledge on this be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Narayana7

Congrats to you as it was quite fast processing...

I'm still waiting for my IL as I have applied in March 2008. I guess my file has stuck somewhere...I called 800 number and did talked to second tier Customer Service people, according to her INS has not recieved the FP from FBI. I called FBI for FP and they said it was sent back on 4/4/08.

According to IO, I just need to wait as my case is well within 12-15 months time range for N400.

Did anybody (in OKC) talked to FBI for name check?
Well, I can understand the name check delay asI'm from PK and my last name is the most famous last name in Muslim world.
I hope I won't be stuck here in this lane forever....

N-400 Sent - 03/7/2008
PD - 03/11/2008
FP - Notice - 03/21/2008
FP - completed on 04/04/2008
IL - ?

Being from Pakistan and having a last name which is the most famous last name in Muslim world, do not by themselves cause you to undergo an extended namecheck. So many people with these two similar conditions have had speedy namechecks.

In your case there must be some other unique factors/combo of factors involved which only you know.

Interview completed and Waiting for Oath Letter & Day

Here is my timeline
N-400 - Sent 06/14/2008 at Oklahoma DO

Received at TSC on 06/17/2008
NOA received- 06/26/2008
PD- 06/17/2008
Interview successfully completed on 08/28/2008.
Waiting for Oath letter and Oath Day.

Can anyone tell when INS will send letter informing the Date of Oath. Is there any way to find out the number of people taking oath in Tulsa County in Oklahoma DO.

I appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thanks
Narayana7

Finally I got my IL on 10/6,
the interview is scheduled for 11/14/08.

Anybody else in OKC DO for Interview.

Thanks,

Hey narayana7...seems like you took your interview in the recent months! Would you mind sharing your experience of the interview in OKC DO!

Thankyou

Hello, my name is Cara Bailey. I'm a multimedia journalist at the University of Oklahoma. I am looking for Oklahomans who would like to participate in a story about the process of becoming a U.S. citizen. I am particularly interested in interviewing people who are going through that process now, or who have gone through it recently. The finished story will include a series of video profiles and will be published on the Oklahoma Daily website. If you would like to participate or know someone else who might, please e-mail me at Cara.L.Bailey-1@ou.edu.

Interview Rescheduled

FYI,
My Interview (11/14/08) was rescheduled as I was about to leave home for interview. They called me at my home number, I was surprised.
Don't know when it is going to be scheduled again.
Back in Waiting Line.

Thanks,

Has any else applied for citizenship based on LPR for oklahom city, what is timelines?

Has any else applied for citizenship based on LPR for oklahom city, what is timelines?

And the saga continues ...

Just to keep the post updated with my story
So
My interview which was scheduled for 14th Nov was rescheduled as OKC office called me that morning and told me that they do not have enough officers so they have to rescheduled it.
After waiting for 4 weeks I got an Infopass appt and went there to see whats going on.
The lady on the window put my file back in the queue to be re-scheduled. I got a letter in 4 weeks and the interview date was set to be 26th March 2009

Story Continues....

On 26th March morning, while I was driving to OKC office, I got a phone call on my cell and Officer informed me that she could not find my file there and she has to re-schedule the interview. She promised to call me back and let me know with the status of my file and the new interview date. We all know what happened to that promise.

Anyway, one more infopass and I went to OKC office and again the lady on the window (same lady from last Infopass) looked in the computer and informed me that my file is here in OKC and the officer who called me on 26th March 2009, is not in the office today so why don't you come back again next week when Officer will be here (in the office) and may be she can manually re-schedule you for the interview.
I went there again in a week and my luck, this time the gentleman at the window was not that helpful. According to him, my case is still pending and I was waisting his time by using Infopass. Also, he could not talk to other lady (at the window or the officer) as he does not know what she told me and there is no way to confirm that.
He asked me to just wait, as these "Immigration processes" do take time.
When I asked him about howcome my case is pending after it has been re-scheduled for the interview, his answer was "I don't know". He told me that he has other people to take care too.

So I'm back in line and waiting to be re-scheduled 3rd time. It has been 14 months that I have filed my N400, though INS website is showing that OKC is interviewing August 08 filers.
Folks, do I need your prayers or what?

Thanks,

I have to look up all the paperwork, so I can get ALL the dates (I forgot some), but I can tell you the following (all my appointments were at the OKC office):

I filed N-400 at the end of December '08. Had my fingerprints taken in February '09. Had my interview 7 weeks ago (beginning of April '09) and will have my ceremony next week, end of May '09. (I talked to 2 other people in the waiting room - when waiting for interview - and both had filed in Dec. '08 as well)

Not sure why uscis.gov shows OKC is interviewing August '08 filers. Perhaps that is their 'average'?

On 26th March morning, while I was driving to OKC office, I got a phone call on my cell and Officer informed me that she could not find my file there and she has to re-schedule the interview. She promised to call me back and let me know with the status of my file and the new interview date. We all know what happened to that promise.

Anyway, one more infopass and I went to OKC office and again the lady on the window (same lady from last Infopass) looked in the computer and informed me that my file is here in OKC and the officer who called me on 26th March 2009, is not in the office today so why don't you come back again next week when Officer will be here (in the office) and may be she can manually re-schedule you for the interview.
I went there again in a week and my luck, this time the gentleman at the window was not that helpful. According to him, my case is still pending and I was waisting his time by using Infopass. Also, he could not talk to other lady (at the window or the officer) as he does not know what she told me and there is no way to confirm that.
He asked me to just wait, as these "Immigration processes" do take time.
When I asked him about howcome my case is pending after it has been re-scheduled for the interview, his answer was "I don't know". He told me that he has other people to take care too.

So I'm back in line and waiting to be re-scheduled 3rd time. It has been 14 months that I have filed my N400, though INS website is showing that OKC is interviewing August 08 filers.
Folks, do I need your prayers or what?

Thanks,

I would ask to speak with a supervisor