N-400 NOA trivia :)

zapper43

Registered Users (C)
I notice (pun intended) how my N-400 NOA I-797C form has the torch that Lady Liberty is holding pointing towards the right side of the letter, i.e. it is being held in her left hand. I checked all other NOAs I have ever received, and those are all pointing towards the left margin, i.e. are shown held in her right hand. :)

Sign of times...

Your N-400 NOA has the security feature incorrectly inverted . What revision does it show at bottom right of the form? (ie Rev. 01/31/05) N

Could be due to a bad batch of NOA's that were printed offshore.

Yesn it is (Rev. 01/31/05) N.

The whole letter has a messy feeling to it. The paper itself has an almost plastic mass appearance and feel to it, at least 3 (and I suspect even 4) different fonts are used, toner is scrubbing off printed text, fields/boxes don't look like fields/boxes on any of the previous NOAs over the past decade+ (the arrangement is different, and my mailing address is in no box whatsoever: it is just hanging out there in the open space), edges of some letters kind of ''leak off'' into the surrounding space, there's a second bar code on the very top right of the letter and outside of the general frame/boxed space of the body of the actual letter that I've never seen before.

Funny, an inverted security feature. :) does it still make the letter secure?

Outsourcing is killing America.

Don't worry, it's still a valid NOA. Does it have the micro print feature on it that says "DHS USCIS" in blue scrolled across the page? If so, is it inverted as well?

I can't tell. I would need magnifying glass in order to see clearly. I'll see what I can do about that (might borrow someone's glasses at work).

Actually, the "DHS USCIS" weaving gray line is shown correctly.

These lines are weaving from bottom left to upper right.

Just the torch is now pointing in the opposite direction (opposite to how it used to be before).