N-400 Inteview

indianguy2009

Registered Users (C)
I had my N-400 interview today and I was able to clear my all of tests. But Immigration office informed me that they will inform me about decision by mail.

She showed me a papers with my information on it and asked me if my name and other information to appear on oath letter looks correct or not?

I also have canadian residency and they have my copies of my passport with canadian visa on it. I also have lived there for one and half month and had job also but I came back after 1.5 months

Do you think it is something to worry about if she said that USCIS will inform me by mail?

Please reply.

I had my N-400 interview today and I was able to clear my all of tests. But Immigration office informed me that they will inform me about decision by mail.

She showed me a papers with my information on it and asked me if my name and other information to appear on oath letter looks correct or not?

I also have canadian residency and they have my copies of my passport with canadian visa on it. I also have lived there for one and half month and had job also but I came back after 1.5 months

Do you think it is something to worry about if she said that USCIS will inform me by mail?

Please reply.

did you mention anything about that job you had in canada in your N400?

I applied for Canadian first but due to changes in their point policy they stopped working on my files in the mean while I got my US residency but then my Canadian residency also went through.

But I only lived there for a month with job and then I came back

You should be fine as you never took up residency in Canada, and your stay in Canada was just one month.

Please reply.

I had the same experience too. They did exactly the same to me as they did to you. The IO officer told me they are waiting to get my file from Nebraska. A week later, I called the USCIS 800 number and IO officer told me that my file is missing and they are trying to find it. The good thing is that the 120 days clock started ticking for you today.

You should be fine as you never took up residency in Canada, and your stay in Canada was just one month.

even you took up residency in Canada but as long as you met the residency requirements for USC, they have no reasons to deny you. Because once you met the residency requirements, you are aleadying show them you intend to live here permanently. :) of course once you become USC, you can go back to Canada and live there for life or even become a Canadian citizen and still able to keep your USC.

I had a interview this Tuesday. I was able to clear the tests but she told me that they cannot make decision right away and they will inform me by mail. I have no idea what is going on? Why can't she make a decision right away. I called 1800 number to know the status on my name check they also cannot say anything about name check.

Does any body what should I do more to know that what is holding them back.

Thanks

even you took up residency in Canada but as long as you met the residency requirements for USC, they have no reasons to deny you. Because once you met the residency requirements, you are aleadying show them you intend to live here permanently. :) of course once you become USC, you can go back to Canada and live there for life or even become a Canadian citizen and still able to keep your USC.

Taking residency in a foreign country can be seen as an intent to abandon your US LPR status. If the evidence shows that you are spending more of your time in the foreign country than in US, it can be an issue.

I had a interview this Tuesday. I was able to clear the tests but she told me that they cannot make decision right away and they will inform me by mail. I have no idea what is going on? Why can't she make a decision right away. I called 1800 number to know the status on my name check they also cannot say anything about name check.

Does any body what should I do more to know that what is holding them back.

Thanks

Most likely a senior officer has to look at all the facts of your case before they can render a decision. Just be patient and you should get your decision in the coming months. If you don't hear anything by about 45 days, schedule an Infopass or call and speak with an IO for an update to your status.

I only stayed there for 16 weeks and had to take a job due to financial problems. I also submitted affidavit with my application explaining why I went there to for 16 weeks. I maintained all of my ties to US like credit cards, bank accounts, cell phones and car loan.

in case if things go wrong then will they give me a chance to explain my situation in front of immigration judge? Do I have to hire an attorney for that or I can go by myself and explain to judge of my own?

Most likely a senior officer has to look at all the facts of your case before they can render a decision. Just be patient and you should get your decision in the coming months. If you don't hear anything by about 45 days, schedule an Infopass or call and speak with an IO for an update to your status.

in case if things go wrong then will they give me a chance to explain my situation in front of immigration judge? Do I have to hire an attorney for that or I can go by myself and explain to judge of my own?

If they deny your case based on abandonment of US residency (which I don't see how they can since you only where in Canada for 16 weeks) you'll have to file an appeal on your case within 30 days. Unless there is something else in your travel history that raises intent of residency , you shouldn't have any issue with your case being approved.