N-400 interview scheduled, then "descheduled"

doriangrey

Registered Users (C)
:confused:

I have an N-400 case pedning with the San Jose Office. Filed on May 28, 02, fingerprinted in July 02. Received an interview notice dated June 11, 2003 with interview date of Aug 12, 2003. The next day - another notice advising that the interview has been canceled. Has anyone had similar experience??

doriangrey,
My original interview was sheduled for 30 th march. This interview letter was dated on jan 12th. On Jan 16th I received a new letter "Interview descheduled by INS".
I called INS the same day I got the letter and they gave me a new dat after a month, which was April 30th.

my interview was held on April 30th, 2003.

Hope it helps.

Thank you, ikazmi!

:confused:

First of all, thank you for your info. You mention that you called the INS to obtain an appointment at a different time. Which office did you call? I called the number on the "Deschedule notice" (800)-375-5283 (formerly 931 number), and they told me the case was out of their hands and with the local office now. Is this what I should do - call the local office?

I live in NJ and my service center is vermont.

I called vermont toll free number. First the office told me that it is upto the local office to give you a date. I requested him to find out the reason for the delay. The officer came back after 15-20 mins and gave me a new date and told me that I will receive the letter in 2-3 business days.

He aslo told me that there was a note on my file regarding my new interview date.

I think I just got lucky and I did not have to wait for a long time.

Still try to call and see what they say.

Note: There was no number to contact the local office. I called the service center

doriangrey...I recvd the notice of cancellation from the san jose service center today... :-(..my interview was scheduled for august the 13th..were u able to contact them? Do let me know what happens....

Folks,
I am in the same situation. My interview was scheduled for Aug 26th and was descheduled on Jun 12th. Any one got lucky with their attempts to contact San Jose office ?

I tried contacting the number listed at the bottom of the notice, but that redirected me to the 1-800 number for BCIS. They said that once the file is with the local office, they dont have any information on that. Anybody else had any luck with this?

Siste'rs interview was descheduled, too!

Hi! I have been posting this message in other immigration forums but I didn't receive any reply yet. My question is regarding my sister's N-400 application. Actually, she got a notice from the BCIS 3 weeks ago that her citizenship interview will be on August 19, 2003. Four days after the receipt, she received another notice informing her that the supposed interview in August 2003 is descheduled due to unforeseen circumstances and no other explanation given. She has been waiting for this since July 2002 - the date she applied for her citizenship. We would really appreciate if you could give us some enlightenments why is this happening nowadays. Thanks a lot.

Any news on the descheduling of interviews?? Was anybody able to visit the the San Jose center and find out what this is all about? Plz let us know....

thanks!

San Jose Oath

I got my oath date (July 30, US District Court, San Jose) on Saturday (7/5)... the letter was dated June 30. Hope they don't "de-schedule"....

My schedule (San Jose, California):
PD: March 21, 2002
FP: May 30, 2002
Interview: June 12, 2003
Oath: July 30, 2003

San Jose Timeline

I'm kind of dissapointed to see these times. I filed this May and according to AILA reports N400 timeline in San Jose should be 180 days. From what I read here it's much more :(
I don't get it where does AILA get those numbers from. Supposedly they poll their members and that's what they report.:confused:

Has anybody been scheduled for an August interview by the San Jose Service center? Could you pl' your timeline here...

This might explain if the interviews for several ppl scheduled in August were de-scheduled due to a backlog..

Thanks!

Scheduled again

The saga continues:

Interview scheduled again for Sept 8 03. The notice arrived yesterday, July 9 03. If they keep this one, it will make the total time elapsed between the PD May 28 02 and the interview date close to 16 months.

I tried to call the "customer service number" 800 375-5283, but to no avail. in fact, the reps don't have access to any info about your case.

Any new interview letters for the SJC service center? Just wondering where they are with respect to scheduling interviews.

Thanks!

<krsjc...could u post your complete timeline please...>

PD:Aug 19, 2002
FD:Sep 22, 2002
Interview First Scheudled for Aug 26th then descheduled and
rescheduled for Sep 17th, 2003.

-krsjc

Good luck at your interview, krsjc!

I ever wonder where does AILA get their numbers of N400 processing times if they say it takes 180 days in SJ, yet it will be almost 18 months for krsjc.

Or maybe they don't process N-400 based on priority dates in San Jose?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Couple of months later

Just today I saw www.shusterman.com and www.immigration.com posted new local processing times.
San Jose went from 180 days to 365-400....:( :( :( :( :( :(

I don't want to understand these numbers anymore. It was 120-180 days 3 months ago. Then it went to 180 2 months ago and now it says 365-400.

One thing is certain, though. San Jose office does not process N-400 applications pased on priority date.:(