N-400 Interview - Recommended for approval - Washingtong DC office

gino

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I had my interview this morning, it went very well. The officer was very pleasant and friendly and the whole interview took about 10 minutes. My case was a little complicated, so I had a backpack full of supporting documents with me. Luckily, the officer asked only for my green card and passport, nothing else!

My case specifics:

I lost my job a few months ago, and am still unemployed - no questions asked

I had worked overseas with an approved N-470 - no questions asked

I had my green card based on political asylum, and I traveled to my country for family emergency - no questions asked.

The officer went through the application and I passed the tests. She recommended me for approval and told me that I will receive my oath letter in the next few months.

I live in Washington DC so I will have to take the oath in a DC courthouse. I would appreciate you sharing your experiences with recommended approval and the time frame for scheduling oath in DC.

I sent in my N-400 application in early April.

Thanks,
Gino

Congratulations Gino. You might have to wait a little while, because DC tend to have longer lead time for oath ceremonies due to the volume of people in queue waiting for their swearing-in. If you have time, just go to the District Court off Penn Ave, NW and ask the clerk for the schedules of next couple of oath ceremonies, I believe they might give you a print-out. I know someone who was approved in June and was sworn-in in Nov due to the number of people who were ahead of her.

Congratulations, Gino,
you are almost done with the immigration process!!!
Good luck to the rest of us here:)

Thanks, Al Southner. That's a good idea, I will stop by the District court to get a print-out of the scheduled.