N-400 Interview NY (Garden City)

-DRAGON-01

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just had my Citizenship interview in March.I'm Asylum marry to US Citizen for all most 6 years this what make my waiting time for a Citizenship 3 years.
The interview was scheduled for 9;00 Am I wait for a 1/2 h. The interview Lady was very nice., she ask me to show my ID, GC, Any Passport or Travel Document, after i show to her all of the documents she ask. She when throw my N-400 application.Basically went through the entire application - line by line - some times asking me the exact same questions and other times just simply paraphrasing.
Next: 10 history test questions and stopped after I answered first 6 correctly. She asked me to read a sentence and write a simple sentence. She told me I passed the reading, writing, and history part and had me sign the paper.
Next:Gave me the form that I have been recommended for approval, She told me I should expect my oath letter in the mail within the next 2 to 3 weeks, and I'm still waiting for ............?
I will keep posting whit more information !
Good Luck To All !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I am filling out N-400 now and will be interviewed at Garden City. Your experience makes me nervous!

We will see.

We Will See?
What do you mean?
I'm just shearing my experience whit the people who need some information Just because this forum help me 2 learn and do thing right!!!
YES, We Will See.

Were you asked about asylum related questions? Have you renewed your passport or visited COP?

Thanks

We Will See?
What do you mean?
I'm just shearing my experience whit the people who need some information Just because this forum help me 2 learn and do thing right!!!
YES, We Will See.

We Will See?
What do you mean?
YES, We Will See.

Honestly, given INS' bad tracking record, I am filling out N-400 application, and my WOM petition. So far they've been good to me, but nothing is a given by this agency.

Once I get the interview notice, I will mark the exact 121st day from the interview day as my personal day in my corporate calendar.

Either I will just stay home doing nothing, or I will have to go to the federal district court and file lawsuit against them. I even filled out all the green receipts for the certified mail (those are to summon all defendants.)

Wish you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I heard about NYC, both federal plaza and garden city, they rarely gave oath letter at the same day. You will need to wait a bit longer, but they will manage to give you within 120 days.

Keep us posted and good luck.

From what I heard about NYC, both federal plaza and garden city, they rarely gave oath letter at the same day. You will need to wait a bit longer, but they will manage to give you within 120 days.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Just wanna say good luck on your naturalization.:p

Not sure how long mine is going to take. Hahaha... Check your PM.:)

If I have to grade their performance, it will be A minus or B plus.

They did clear up a lot of backlogs, and the waiting period is noticeably shorter.

I will say within this year you will be adjudicated.

If I have to grade their performance, it will be A minus or B plus.

They did clear up a lot of backlogs, and the waiting period is noticeably shorter.

I will say within this year you will be adjudicated.

agree with this assessment. They are doing pretty good these days.

agree with this assessment. They are doing pretty good these days.

Thankful,

Rea this case filed last year.

a previous asylee from Iraq, currently fighting for us, had been waiting for 1.5 years. This is not acceptable.