N-400 interview but no letter,no oath letter either

KOJO AMA

I had my interview today,it was so grilling.I was coldly met by a woman in her 65+,the first thing she said to me is "is your wife here? where is she?",i answered NO and told her my wife is in NY visiting her cousin,she asked when will she be back,i said this sunday,she was unfriendly through out the interview.My application was marriage based,she went through the sections 1-9/10 and printed a my basic information and ask me to verify, which i did.i answered all 7 questions right,i saw her tick pass,i read one sentence and wrote one as well.Her final stage was that i should provide prove of my marriage,i presented her with life and health insurance coverage about me and my wife,i added lease as well,she asked anything else like recent pictures,i said no.My question is i just had verbal statement saying "you will recieve a letter about the ceremony",she didn't congratulate me,no form,of course no oath letter? should i worry or what? she seems upset with me so i didn't want to further make her mad.

where is wife? Recent pictures?
That sounds like as if she was interviewing you for GC and not N400...I wonder why.
I think it is the general rule that you should receive an N652 form informing you of the outcome of the interview, no matter what the result is...I think Bobsmyth posted these rules one time here from some USCIS document; It's part of their procedure.
You really should have asked for your N652, because that is the only proof there is to show that you even had the interview and passed.
I wonder if you should try to make an Infopass and explain that you didn't get an N652 form after the interview.

Hopefully some others will chime in and have better advise.
I think it's good if you can obtain some type of document about you having the interview, and the outcome of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember her name. When you get your citizenship, write a letter to the director of your district office and tell him/her about her behavior.

I didn't ask any thing from her,can you imagine being called and when you got to her,not hello or hi,just a question asking you of your wife,i can't even remember her name now to be honest with you,infopass will be a good idea,thank you for the idea,is pretty disturbing not to have a paper about the interview,she did print out a paper with my personal information to verify if is correct,said you will get a letter about the ceremony and quickly added i will send you a letter if i need any further information,she was adamant to have a hand shake from me at the end of the interview,she didn't walk me out either,anyway do i wait a bit before the infopass or i should get it now?

Go for an Infopass and demand to speak with a supervisor since the officer didn't provide you with required interview results letter and had no customer service skills.