N-400 from Service Center to Lockbox - NEW USCIS PROCESS

Nino, congratulations!

I have also got my interview letter yesterday (Letter is dated for April 02, 2009). Interview date is May 26th, 2009.

Thanks,

Nino77,

Congratulations on both counts. For passing the interview as well as our job offer. Hopefully you will get the oath request soon.

Best Regards,

mnq_n400.

Congratulations...You have been of great help to all of us in this forum..
Wish you the very best with the new job..
shanks

Hi All,
Following are my details.
D/O : Edison, Nj
03/17/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville texas
03/23/2009 : N-400 Received.
03/23/2009 : Priority Date.
03/28/09 : Notice Date.
04/05/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C)
xx/xx/xx : FP Notice Received
xx/xx/xx : FP Appointment
xx/xx/xx : FP Done (walk-in)
xx/xx/xx : Placed in Q for an Interview
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter sent
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date - Recommended for Approval
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Have a quick question:
I have stayed outside the country for medical reasons for about 8 months.
I was pregnant and was not allowed to travel. My husband was working here.
Along with my application, I submitted my rental and utility bill for that time.
Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a quick question:
I have stayed outside the country for medical reasons for about 8 months.
I was pregnant and was not allowed to travel. My husband was working here.
Along with my application, I submitted my rental and utility bill for that time.
Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks

Nothing to worry about as long as you could prove you kept the USA as your "home country"

change of Address

hello Guys....need litle advice here.
last week we moved to a new address but in a same state....it is just a neighboring city. our N400 aplication is pending.
Should we update our address with USCIS ?
I read at USCIS.gov that for Non US citizens have to update both online/ phone and also mail AR-11 (change of address) form to USICS.
Is this address change gonna create any RFE or any problem for us ???

Newark D/O
01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
01/23/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
01/28/09 : Check Cashed
01/23/09 :priority Date
01/28/09 :Notice Date
02/03/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)
02/09/09 :FP Notice Received
02/24/09 :FP Appointment (Hackensack ASC)
02/11/09 :FP Walkin
03/03/09 :Interview Letter.
04/30/09 :Interview & Oath Ceremony(Same Day)

hello Guys....need litle advice here.
last week we moved to a new address but in a same state....it is just a neighboring city. our N400 aplication is pending.
Should we update our address with USCIS ?
I read at USCIS.gov that for Non US citizens have to update both online/ phone and also mail AR-11 (change of address) form to USICS.
Is this address change gonna create any RFE or any problem for us ???

Newark D/O
01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
01/23/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
01/28/09 : Check Cashed
01/23/09 :priority Date
01/28/09 :Notice Date
02/03/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)
02/09/09 :FP Notice Received
02/24/09 :FP Appointment (Hackensack ASC)
02/11/09 :FP Walkin
03/03/09 :Interview Letter.
04/30/09 :Interview & Oath Ceremony(Same Day)

You are about to be a citizen in couple of weeks - I won't bother.
Beside you have to update it within 90 days from moving and again within 90 days you would be a citizen and as a citizen you don't have to update your address with them.

questionm..

I had a question..my wife is currently not living with me as she is working in a different city..and due to the bad economy we are not able to find job for both of us int he same place..

my daugther is with my wife temporarily..we are still married and everything is cooll..except that she is not with me..

Do i need to state that in my interview..i mean i dont know what to answer when he asks if ur daughter or dependant is with you..she just moved to a different place..any guess?

shanks

I had a question..my wife is currently not living with me as she is working in a different city..and due to the bad economy we are not able to find job for both of us int he same place..

my daugther is with my wife temporarily..we are still married and everything is cooll..except that she is not with me..

Do i need to state that in my interview..i mean i dont know what to answer when he asks if ur daughter or dependant is with you..she just moved to a different place..any guess?

shanks
First of all - Rule 1- never volunteer any information
2- all you really need to say if you were asked - my wife had accepted a position in a different city and I am looking for a job there ( i assume you are) + show any prove that you guys meet on the weekend or travel tickets or whatever could prove you guys aren't separated.

Are you filing based on marriage?

2- all you really need to say if you were asked - my wife had accepted a position in a different city and I am looking for a job there ( i assume you are) + show any prove that you guys meet on the weekend or travel tickets or whatever could prove you guys aren't separated.

Even then, a separation based on economic hardship (spouses working in different states for job) does not preclude a marriage based applicant from naturalization.

No,.I am applying based on my 5 year term. This is not a marriage based application..

When I filed my application I had mentioned that dependants are with me,now they are not..thats why i was worried..whether i should mention it to the officer..I guess I wont talk about it until asked..

and regarding travels,I am travelling almost every week to my wifes place..and I have the flight tickets and all other proofs.

thanks
shanks

No,.I am applying based on my 5 year term. This is not a marriage based application..

When I filed my application I had mentioned that dependants are with me,now they are not..thats why i was worried..whether i should mention it to the officer..I guess I wont talk about it until asked..

and regarding travels,I am travelling almost every week to my wifes place..and I have the flight tickets and all other proofs.

thanks
shanks

that's all you need - again don't volunteer any info unless s/he asks

thanks nino

btw. at atlanta DO,do they allow parents in for oath ceremony..
has anybody taken their parents along with them..thanks

My Time Line ...

01/23 - Mailed N400
01/26 - priority date
01/31 - noa received
02/09- FP received
02/10- FP done
somewhere around 03/26 - interview letter and case review letter received.I was out travelling and dont know the actual date i got it..
05/19 - interview