N-400 fingerprint walkin - any city in US?

mannam252

Registered Users (C)
I live in Fortworth, TX and applied N-400 in TX.

N-400 finger print is scheduled next wed Feb-25 12 noon.

I need help from the forum for the situation. Here it goes:

I travel to Newark each week for work.

a) Can I walk-in this Friday Feb-20 to Forthworth USCIS, Fortworth TX 76115? Is the office open on Friday for N-400 fingerprint?

b) Can I walk-in to Newark USCIS to get N-400 fingerprint done before the schedule date Feb-25? Please share Newark USCIS address.

c) What to carry for N-400 fingerprint? (fingerprint notice - in original, then??)

Appreciate the feedback.

Have a great day.

Some time back a poster had reported they were able to do their FP at another ASC via walk in.
It really depends on the ASC and if they are willing to accommodate you.

The Fort Worth ASC is open Tuesday to Saturday.
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...r.office_type=ASC&OfficeLocator.zipcode=76155

The ASC fpor Newark is in Elizabeth NJ:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?a...r.office_type=ASC&OfficeLocator.zipcode=07101

You must bring GC, FP letter and DL (or other secondary picture ID if needed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob

Thanks for the information. It helped.

The Fort Worth ASC is open Tuesday to Saturday.
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?ac....zipcode=76155

Other thread in this forum mentions FP days as Wednesday or Saturday (for re-schedule or walk-in earlier to appointment date). I will walk-in to Fortworth ASC this Fri (and try next day Saturday if they donot accept FP to be done on Fri). Will update to this forum so that others can benefit walk-in any date between Tuesday to Saturday.

Thanks again

02/02/2009 N-400 mailed
02/04/2009 N-400 receipt date USPS tracking
02/06/2009 N-400 priority date
02/11/2008 Check cashed
02/17/2008 FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
02/25/2008 Original FP appointment date
xx/xx/xx : FP Done
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

Hi WBH

Your FP Appointment:03/05/2009 (Thursday).

Please share which USCIS TSC city you are going for fingerprint?
Is it Dallas or Fortworth?

That will help if they accept FP walk-in any day between Tuesday to Saturday. I want to get FP done this Friday Feb-20 (or Sat Feb-21)

I tried to do a walk-in at the Fort Worth ASC on the day that I got my appointment letter, which also happened to be one of the two days reserved for reschedules, and the security troll on the front desk wouldn't let me in. He said point-blank that walk-ins are not allowed and you have to reschedule if you can't make your original appointment.

The good news is that although I ended up delaying the fingerprinting by a whole month (originally scheduled for 12/30 and eventually done on 1/31) it doesn't seem to have had a major effect on the overall schedule. I filed on 12/1 and have my interview on 3/20 which seems consistent with other Dallas filers in the same time period.

The good news is that although I ended up delaying the fingerprinting by a whole month (originally scheduled for 12/30 and eventually done on 1/31) it doesn't seem to have had a major effect on the overall schedule. I filed on 12/1 and have my interview on 3/20 which seems consistent with other Dallas filers in the same time period.

I figure they will start scheduling your interview X days from priority date
so that It does not matter when your FP is done as long as it done before X days and usually FP is done much earlier than X day is up.

I live in Fortworth, TX and applied N-400 in TX.

N-400 finger print is scheduled next wed Feb-25 12 noon.

I need help from the forum for the situation. Here it goes:

I travel to Newark each week for work.

a) Can I walk-in this Friday Feb-20 to Forthworth USCIS, Fortworth TX 76115? Is the office open on Friday for N-400 fingerprint?

b) Can I walk-in to Newark USCIS to get N-400 fingerprint done before the schedule date Feb-25? Please share Newark USCIS address.

c) What to carry for N-400 fingerprint? (fingerprint notice - in original, then??)

Appreciate the feedback.

Have a great day.

I did this when I applied for my Green card. I got a FP notice for Philadelphia but had moved to Syracuse. I walked into the Syracuse office, explained the situation, and was easily able to do my finger printing. Just for extra security, I sent a letter to the ASC in Philly advising them of this.