N-400 filed today!!!!!

mamatonny

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my Citizenship application today!! Am so excited and I hope all goes well. I never thought this day would come after all those years since I filed for Asylum.

Email and text message Received today on 6/11/2013 titled: USCIS ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION.

Thank you Mesbahul. I hope so in 6 months time. I am doing a Legal Name Change too and I hope that does not delay the Oathing Ceremony for too long.

Email and text message Received today on 6/11/2013 titled: USCIS ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION.

Thank you Mesbahul. I hope so in 6 months time. I am doing a Legal Name Change too and I hope that does not delay the Oathing Ceremony for too long.

Name change is not a big deal. They ask you at the interview and they take care of it on the oath ceremony day.

NOA received!!
NOA Dated - 06/10/2013

patiently waiting for the next step...hopefully fingerprint notice.

fingerprint notice received and appointment is on 07/08/2013... hoping to do a walk in before this date coz i have a lecture I do not want to miss. If anyone knows if it is possible for me to do a Walk in at Jacksonville office at Florida, let me know...

Congatulations, I share your joy as I sent mine two weeks ago and already got my FP notice today. Just one day after I received my Notice of Action (??).

Last edited by a moderator:
Today {6/25/13}, I decided to try my luck and try and get Biometrics done ahead of time. I successfully did a Walk in at Jacksonville Florida USCIS office. I just gave them my notice and my ID and greencard. No questions were asked. I did not say that my appt was not unitl the 7/8/13 and no one asked. Everyone was so friendly from the security to the lady who did my picture and prints. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes!! The lady also gave me a booklet to study for my Civic questions.

If you recall, we got our GC within days of each other and we discussed talking again when citizenship time comes. You are a couple of days ahead of me on the N-400 timeline. I'll try to do a walk-in in Wheaton MD today and se how it goes..
Thanks for the advice.

Hi Dave, yes I remember. Our GC process went so smoothly and fast. Am hoping for the same thing with the N400 application. Let us keep each other updated. I was hoping by now they would have updated our cases to inline for Interview schedule. I know I should be patient.... :cool:

Hi Dave, has anything changed yet on your status online??? mine changed today to SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW and I should receive the notice in the mail. I find it odd that it never first changed to PLACE IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW...

Hi,

It really looks like I am a couple of days behind you. Mine just changed today to "In line for interview Scheduling". Maybe there is no "waiting line" in your state/area, who knows? Congrats !! The excitement is growing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Letter came in the mail today. My interview is on September 9th @8:00AM!!!!:eek: Am so excited. My 4 required years before filing ends on 31st of August. And I was really hoping to go for my interview at the beginning of Sept that way I could get my answer right away instead of being told am recommended for approval and they have to wait till my time lapsed. Sept 9th is perfect!! I better start reading that citizenship booklet. Dave I know your letter will be in the mail next week...