N-400 December 2009 filers' tracker

Stonewall,

How was your interview ?
Hope everything was okay.

Thanks, all OK - nothing unusual: called by adjudicator after 20 min wait, sworn to tell the truth standing, then asked to sit down, had passport, green card, DL checked, was not asked for additional photos or documents other than what was requested in the checklist, 6 questions:what is the President's party, who is commander in chief, one state that borders Mexico, name three colonies, who wrote the Declaration of Independence, cannot remember what was the remaining sixth question but it was among the same old 100 in the booklet received after fingerprinting, then read one and wrote another simple sentence - (I cannot remember at all what they were), then asked the questions from N-400. Asked me to sign N-400 and two photos, congratulated, shook hand, told me to expect oath letter in a couple of weeks. All in all 10 minutes or so.

hi everyone here is mine,
RESIDENT SINCE 2002.
DO TAMPA
N400 SENT 12/26/09
PD 12/30/09
FP 01/28/10 DONE
YL 02/17/10
IL????/
ID????
OTHL????
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE...

So I called and got a IO on the phone(not the customer rep). I camly explained that my case still shows a RFE, and that my FP was done on 01-19-10. Also that the last LUD was on 01-09-10 and my PD was 12-28-09. I said this was unacceptable, and it is (there are people on here who applied in January and have already got a ID)

She told me that the online case update was incorrect and that my case was in the "que" for an interview. I said does this mean that the case was transferred to my local DO, she said yes (Tampa). Does anybody have this issue too of still showing a RFE around my dates??? Or have called and been told you are in the "que" waiting for an interview??

This is driving me crazy. I have two jobs that I cannot apply for because of not being a citizen........

HELP!!!

It is a positive thing to be put on interview queue! That means all FBI background check is cleared :):):). Your status will still show RFE till you are scheduled for interview. Never compare your case with other people. if your case taking a little longer, it doesn't necessary mean you have a problem, it simply mean you have a different IO who have different work load. Even-though it is challenging, the best thing to do for yourself is to hang in there and be patient. You will get the magic letter(interview letter :):)) soon! Good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, all OK - nothing unusual: called by adjudicator after 20 min wait, sworn to tell the truth standing, then asked to sit down, had passport, green card, DL checked, was not asked for additional photos or documents other than what was requested in the checklist, 6 questions:what is the President's party, who is commander in chief, one state that borders Mexico, name three colonies, who wrote the Declaration of Independence, cannot remember what was the remaining sixth question but it was among the same old 100 in the booklet received after fingerprinting, then read one and wrote another simple sentence - (I cannot remember at all what they were), then asked the questions from N-400. Asked me to sign N-400 and two photos, congratulated, shook hand, told me to expect oath letter in a couple of weeks. All in all 10 minutes or so.

Congrats Stonewall!!! The long journey is almost over.

Updating my timeline

12/01/2009 Day 0: Shipped N400 to Phoenix AZ Service Center (usps tracking )
12/02/2009 Day 1: Delivered, December 02, 2009, 11:40 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85034 92607 signed ...
12/09/2009 Day 8: Check Cashed
12/10/2009 Day 9: NOA received dd 12/2/9 priority date(PD) 12/4/9
12/11/2009 Day 10: RFE email dd 12/10/9 PD 12/2/9 (ie email for Biometric mail sent at 3:00am)
12/14/2009 Day 13: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received Schedule 12/30/2009 12:00pm dd 12/10/2009 PD 12/2/9
12/14/2009 Day 13: Biometrics Appointment taken even though schedule for 30/12/2009
12/30/2009 Day 29: Biometrics Appointment taken on 12/14/2009 even though schedule today
01/07/2010 Day 37: Text and Email Update: Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be schedule
01/11/2010 Day 41: Interview Letter received, schedule 02/18/10 dd 01/06/2010

Good luck Dappant on your interview! Please share your interview experience.

12/06/09 - Mailed N400 to Lewisville TX (day 1)
12/10/09 - Application Arrived at USCIS (day 4)
12/10/09 - PD (day 4)
12/16/09 - Check Cashed (day 10)
12/16/09 - NOA received (day 10)
12/30/09 - FP letter received (day 24)
01/11/10 - FP Date 01/11/10: FP done by walk-in on 12/30/09 (day 24)
01/13/10 - Email Case has been sent for a standard interview ( day 38 )
01/14/10 - IL ( day 39 )
01/28/10- Yellow L ( day 53 )
02/16/10 - ID 02/16/10 ( day 69 ) Done Passed
xx/xx/xx - OL
xx/xx/xx - OD

on 01/20/10 I went to the USCIS office to chek the place out so on the interview date i get theare on time

Congrats. You are almost there.

N-400 Application... Update...Interview Done
DO - San Bernardino , CA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mailed : 12/15/2009 USCIS (Phoenix, AZ)
Mail Received : 12/17/2009 (Day 2)
Notice of Action: 12/21/2009 (Day 6)
Priority Date: 12/22/2009 (Day 7)
Check Cashed: 12/24/2009 (Day 9)
NOA Received : 12/26/2009 (Day 11)
RFE Mailed : 12/29/2009 (Day 14)
RFE Received(Fingerprint) : 01/02/10 (Day 18)
FP Date and Time : 01/19/10 (10:00 am)....try to go 01/04/10 (Monday)!!!
FP Done (Walk-in) : 01/04/10 (Day 20)
Online Status Change : 01/15/2010 Transfered to local office for testing and interview (Day31)
Exactly 1 month from the date I mailed my N-400
Interview Letter Received : 1/15/10
Interview Date : 02/17/10 ...passed (Day 64)
Oath Letter : ???
Oath Date : ???

Congrats Stonewall! Nicely done!

It is a positive thing to be put on interview queue! That means all FBI background check is cleared :):):). Your status will still show RFE till you are scheduled for interview. Never compare your case with other people. if your case taking a little longer, it doesn't necessary mean you have a problem, it simply mean you have a different IO who have different work load. Even-though it is challenging, the best thing to do for yourself is to hang in there and be patient. You will get the magic letter(interview letter :):)) soon! Good luck!!!

Thanx Dan, but I am just fusterated. I am a Florida certified law enforcement officer unable to apply anywhere. I have two departments interested in me because I have been a Paramedic 9 yrs this March at the same company. My employement hx is perfect. My hx is perfect two.........................

Just FYI, I did put an expedite request in as well. It actually was approved. But others are ahead of me anyhow, so the expedite didn't reallly matter! If you guys wanna see an expedite request here you go. It was quite simple to do. I did it over the phone with an IO. You must be friendly, and she was also. I told her of the situation and she requested it for me and it actually went through.!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Department of Homeland Security
USCIS National Benefits Center
P.O. Box 648005
Lee's Summit,MO 64002

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Friday, January 22, 2010

Emailed to jcbmw79@yahoo.com

Dear M. xxx:

On 01/22/2010 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Andy G Strickland

Case type:
-- N400

Filing date:
-- 12/28/2009

Receipt #:
-- NBC*00065713*

Referral ID:
WTC0221000756MSC
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:
-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

The current status of your case is that you are in the queue for an Interview Appointment. You should be receiving this appointment notification within the next 60 days. If you need to expedite your case further, you may contact your local District Office.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must submit Form AR-11 AND notify this office of their change of address, within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). To notify this office of a move, visit our website at: www.uscis.gov or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. The Form AR-11 can be downloaded from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. Instructions for filing the Form AR-11, including mailing instructions, are included on the Form.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

**Anybody close to my NBC#???***

N-400 Application... Update...Interview Done
DO - San Bernardino , CA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mailed : 12/15/2009 USCIS (Phoenix, AZ)
Mail Received : 12/17/2009 (Day 2)
Notice of Action: 12/21/2009 (Day 6)
Priority Date: 12/22/2009 (Day 7)
Check Cashed: 12/24/2009 (Day 9)
NOA Received : 12/26/2009 (Day 11)
RFE Mailed : 12/29/2009 (Day 14)
RFE Received(Fingerprint) : 01/02/10 (Day 18)
FP Date and Time : 01/19/10 (10:00 am)....try to go 01/04/10 (Monday)!!!
FP Done (Walk-in) : 01/04/10 (Day 20)
Online Status Change : 01/15/2010 Transfered to local office for testing and interview (Day31)
Exactly 1 month from the date I mailed my N-400
Interview Letter Received : 1/15/10
Interview Date : 02/17/10 ...passed (Day 64)
Oath Letter : ???
Oath Date : ???

Congrats Lighthouse! Thank you for sharing your light.:). You are almost there! Best of luck to you!

thanks dan4usa , ligthblue
hope your interview will be smooth and easy, during my interview i was ask if I owe tax I said yes and I'm still paying for it every month she didnt ask for any transcript , and she ask if I have any citation or arrest, I told her I answer No to my N-400 but I have a traffic citation in 2007 and she said is it dui or are you arrested and did you take care of it. I said no it was a speediing violation and I took care of it, and she said your OK. It only took 15 min. for the interview , just review your n-400 specially your biographic information if you know it by heart everything will be OK, she didnt ask for any documents even passport photo. So just waiting for that oath letter and I will hibernate for a while.

Wanted to post an update to mine and my wife's case:

My status

DO San Jose

12-30-09 -Application mailed - Phoenix AZ
01-04-10 - Application Received
01-16-10 - Finger printing notice received
02-05-10 - FP done
02-18-10 - Case transferred to local office

Wife's case status

DO San Jose

12-30-09 -Application mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-31-09 - Application Received
01-16-10 - Finger printing notice received
02-05-10 - FP done
02-13-10 - Case transferred to local office
02-17-10 - IL received for 03/22

I am a US Citizen - Almost

Ok, so my interview was on Monday 2/16/2010. I went into the Dallas DO in Irving, TX. I showed up 30 minutes before the interview and the security officer let me in. I was told to go upstairs. When I got upstairs, there were about 100 people waiting in the waiting area. I had to turn in my interview letter to the receptionist upstairs and in return, she gave me a pager (the ones they give out at restaurants) and told me to come to her desk when it buzzes.

I took a vacant seat. There were people from all demographics in the room waiting for their turn. I started talking to my neighbor and he told me that he was actually scheduled for an interview on Friday 2/12/2010 but USCIS office closed down because of heavy snow in Dallas area. Then they were closed again on Monday (2/15/2010) for President’s Day. Therefore, all people affected by snow were rescheduled to Tuesday.

I had to wait for an hour before I was called in. The IO asked me for my driver’s license, green card and Social Security card. I had the DL and GC on my but I did not have my SS. I told him and he said that it is ok.

He put me under oath and then told me that I am not eligible to apply for citizenship because I got my green card in 2006. I told him that my wife is a US Citizen. He then looked through my papers and said ok, I am good.
Then he made me write “Columbus Day is in October” on a piece of paper. Then he asked me to read “Columbus Day is in October”…yeah funny eh.

Then he asked me if I am ready for the test. He asked me the following questions.

1. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
2. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
3. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
4. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
5. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
6. What is the capital of the United States?

And that is it. I was not asked for any documents at all. Basically I could have walked in his office with my GC and DL and would have gone through the interview without any issues. He told me that they will call me for the oath ceremony at a later time. I know that the Irving office does Oath ceremony the same day so I asked him if I can take oath the same day. He said that because of all the people being rescheduled from Friday to Tuesday, they are short staffed for the oath ceremony. I will have to wait until I get a letter from USCIS.

The entire process took less than 10 minutes.

Ok, so my interview was on Monday 2/16/2010. I went into the Dallas DO in Irving, TX. I
He put me under oath and then told me that I am not eligible to apply for citizenship because I got my green card in 2006. I told him that my wife is a US Citizen. He then looked through my papers and said ok, I am good.
Then he made me write “Columbus Day is in October” on a piece of paper. Then he asked me to read “Columbus Day is in October”…yeah funny eh.

Then he asked me if I am ready for the test. He asked me the following questions.

1. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
2. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
3. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
4. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
5. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
6. What is the capital of the United States?
The entire process took less than 10 minutes.

Congrats and Thanks to sharing your interview experience.