N-400 December 2009 filers' tracker

Seems like I'm not the only one in December filing period who still hasn't gotten the interview letter. Hopefully I won't be the last one. My PD is 12/31/09.

Ok, so my interview was on Monday 2/16/2010. I went into the Dallas DO in Irving, TX. I showed up 30 minutes before the interview and the security officer let me in. I was told to go upstairs. When I got upstairs, there were about 100 people waiting in the waiting area. I had to turn in my interview letter to the receptionist upstairs and in return, she gave me a pager (the ones they give out at restaurants) and told me to come to her desk when it buzzes.

I took a vacant seat. There were people from all demographics in the room waiting for their turn. I started talking to my neighbor and he told me that he was actually scheduled for an interview on Friday 2/12/2010 but USCIS office closed down because of heavy snow in Dallas area. Then they were closed again on Monday (2/15/2010) for President’s Day. Therefore, all people affected by snow were rescheduled to Tuesday.

I had to wait for an hour before I was called in. The IO asked me for my driver’s license, green card and Social Security card. I had the DL and GC on my but I did not have my SS. I told him and he said that it is ok.

He put me under oath and then told me that I am not eligible to apply for citizenship because I got my green card in 2006. I told him that my wife is a US Citizen. He then looked through my papers and said ok, I am good.
Then he made me write “Columbus Day is in October” on a piece of paper. Then he asked me to read “Columbus Day is in October”…yeah funny eh.

Then he asked me if I am ready for the test. He asked me the following questions.

1. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
2. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
3. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?
4. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
5. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
6. What is the capital of the United States?

And that is it. I was not asked for any documents at all. Basically I could have walked in his office with my GC and DL and would have gone through the interview without any issues. He told me that they will call me for the oath ceremony at a later time. I know that the Irving office does Oath ceremony the same day so I asked him if I can take oath the same day. He said that because of all the people being rescheduled from Friday to Tuesday, they are short staffed for the oath ceremony. I will have to wait until I get a letter from USCIS.

The entire process took less than 10 minutes.

So does someone know how long will it take to get the letter from USISC asking me to appear for Oath? I am in Dallas and these people usually do oath the same day. Has anyone here who has deferred oath tell me how long it took you to get the letter from USCIS?

Thanks

Seems like I'm not the only one in December filing period who still hasn't gotten the interview letter. Hopefully I won't be the last one. My PD is 12/31/09.

Cowfacepose, From your signature, it looks like they already sent you the letter to bring your state DL. In my case, I got my interview letter BEFORE I got my DL letter. You may want to call USCIS and confirm that you have not missed a letter from them. Please note that after I got my letter for interview, my online status had not changed so do not go by the online status.

Good luck

So I called and got a IO on the phone(not the customer rep). I camly explained that my case still shows a RFE, and that my FP was done on 01-19-10. Also that the last LUD was on 01-09-10 and my PD was 12-28-09. I said this was unacceptable, and it is (there are people on here who applied in January and have already got a ID)

She told me that the online case update was incorrect and that my case was in the "que" for an interview. I said does this mean that the case was transfered to my local DO, she said yes (Tampa). Does anybody have this issue too of still showing a RFE around my dates??? Or have called and been told you are in the "que" waiting for an interview??

This is driving me crazy. I have two jobs that I cannot apply for because of not being a citizen........

HELP!!!

I got the same reply..............when I called this week.

Good Luck.......

Completed the interview.

Hi all,

I had my interview today at San Jose DO.

Questions asked
Who is speaker of the house ?
Longest river ?
Who lived before Europeans ?
When was declaration of independence adopted ?
Term of the president ?
What do we call first 10 amendments ?

To write - Thanksgiving is in November.
To read - Who was Abraham Lincoln.

Got the approval letter and was told to wait for oath letter.
The entire interview was over in 10 mins.

Thanks to all the people on this forum for your guidance and all the best to those who are waiting.

12-01-09 - Appln mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-03-09 - Appln Received
12-07-09 - Check cashed
12-11-09 - NOA received (12-07-09 Priority date )
12-17-09 - LUD change (RFE mailed on 12-15-09)
12-19-09 - Finger printing notice received
01-11-10 - Completed finger printing
01-16-10 - LUD change (This case has been sent for standard interview)
01-16-10 - Received IL
02-19-10 - Interview Completed - Approved

Re:

Cowfacepose, From your signature, it looks like they already sent you the letter to bring your state DL. In my case, I got my interview letter BEFORE I got my DL letter. You may want to call USCIS and confirm that you have not missed a letter from them. Please note that after I got my letter for interview, my online status had not changed so do not go by the online status.

Good luck

Cowfacepose, I am on the same boat. I got YL and not IL yet. However I am wondering when is your 5yr anniversary. In my case is in one month and that's probably holding them to schedule my interview vs people in the queue who already have passed it. But I am just guessing...Let's know any change. Thanks

I got the same reply..............when I called this week.

Good Luck.......

kruz,

So they told you that you are in the que too huh?? You still showing a RFE??.

The IO did tell me that my LUD on my case was on 01-22-10. This is different then the 01-09-10 it's showing what is your LUD?? Did you ask the IO what their LUD was for you??. I wonder why you and I at not getting corrected updates????

Hi all,

I had my interview today at San Jose DO.

Questions asked
Who is speaker of the house ?
Longest river ?
Who lived before Europeans ?
When was declaration of independence adopted ?
Term of the president ?
What do we call first 10 amendments ?

To write - Thanksgiving is in November.
To read - Who was Abraham Lincoln.

Got the approval letter and was told to wait for oath letter.
The entire interview was over in 10 mins.

Thanks to all the people on this forum for your guidance and all the best to those who are waiting.

12-01-09 - Appln mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-03-09 - Appln Received
12-07-09 - Check cashed
12-11-09 - NOA received (12-07-09 Priority date )
12-17-09 - LUD change (RFE mailed on 12-15-09)
12-19-09 - Finger printing notice received
01-11-10 - Completed finger printing
01-16-10 - LUD change (This case has been sent for standard interview)
01-16-10 - Received IL
02-19-10 - Interview Completed - Approved

Congratulations Solipsist!!!! Cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowfacepose, I am on the same boat. I got YL and not IL yet. However I am wondering when is your 5yr anniversary. In my case is in one month and that's probably holding them to schedule my interview vs people in the queue who already have passed it. But I am just guessing...Let's know any change. Thanks

I had my 5 yr anniversary before I filed. It's just frustrating to know that some who filed later already got interview date. They are the lucky ones, I guess.

1-800-375-5283. You have to get past the first smuck to an IO. Keep insisting on talking to the IO, they have to transfer you...

Post your timeline too!

Thanks,

Sent N-400 on Dec 28 2009, self & wife
Did FP on Jan 19 2010 in Aleaxndria, Washington DC
Wife got Yellow letter on FEB 16 2010
Nothing more.

kruz,

So they told you that you are in the que too huh?? You still showing a RFE??.

The IO did tell me that my LUD on my case was on 01-22-10. This is different then the 01-09-10 it's showing what is your LUD?? Did you ask the IO what their LUD was for you??. I wonder why you and I at not getting corrected updates????

Yes still RFE......No I didn't ask about LUD.

You have to login to check the LUD. Do you have an account.....

Yes I do have an account, but that still shows RFE. I think once you create an account and add your case no. to your profile, you will get an email automatically if there is a change in LUD.

I called 1-800 number. Spoke calmly to the rep and explained my situation. She transferred me to the IO right away. After talking to the IO who was really apologetic about my frustration, he couldn't really give other information than I already knew. He couldn't tell my file got transferred to the local office yet. All he said was my file was too early to worry, don't worry, it's on its way.