n-400 app ... social security card

tangtang81

Registered Users (C)
I am eligible to apply for n-400 in about 2 weeks. My problem is ... I read it is a good idea to send a copy of your social security card. I have lost mine and in order to get a new one i need to provide documentation that i am authorized to work in the US. My current conditional greencard has expired 05/09/2008...I applied I-751 in march of 2008 and have completed biometric in may 08. however i have not gotten any documents since....and dont have any proof to show them i am authorized to work... what to do? do i really need social security card?
thanks in advance

I am eligible to apply for n-400 in about 2 weeks. My problem is ... I read it is a good idea to send a copy of your social security card. I have lost mine and in order to get a new one i need to provide documentation that i am authorized to work in the US. My current conditional greencard has expired 05/09/2008...I applied I-751 in march of 2008 and have completed biometric in may 08. however i have not gotten any documents since....and dont have any proof to show them i am authorized to work... what to do? do i really need social security card?
thanks in advance

There's absolutely no need to send a copy of your SS card with your N-400. In fact, you won't even be asked to show it at the interview. However, it's most definitely necessary to have one, for reasons other than naturalization.

You don't need to send in a copy of your SS Card. However you should go to a SS Office near you and apply for a replacement card since the one you had was lost. Take your expired GC and your reciept for I-751 with you when you apply.

No need to send copy of SS card, however, they sometimes ask for it during interview. You can apply for a replacement for the SS card and apply for N-400 without having to wait for the SS card.