N-400 and GC status cncern

WhichWay2Go

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I often see mention of having GC conditions lifted or changed. How can I tell if I have any conditions or status on my GC?

Here is a quote for another posting...
"N-400 cannot be adjudicated before conditions have been removed. For example, someone with a pending i-751"

I do not recall ever being told I had to change anything on my GC so how do I know my GC status?

{edit} I have had a GC for about 7 years and filed under the 5-year LPR rule.

Now I am panicking. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I often see mention of having GC conditions lifted or changed. How can I tell if I have any conditions or status on my GC?

Here is a quote for another posting...
"N-400 cannot be adjudicated before conditions have been removed. For example, someone with a pending i-751"

I do not recall ever being told I had to change anything on my GC so how do I know my GC status?

Now I am panicking. :)

Was your GC marriage based? If not, you don't have to worry about removing conditions.

Was your GC marriage based? If not, you don't have to worry about removing conditions.

Thanks Bob,

I guess so. I got it about 3 years after I was married and my wife petitioned or sponsored or whatever it was, for me.

Some years back I applied for USC under the 3 year marriage rule but by the time the interview came around we were getting divorced. We were married for about 8 years by then.

Is there any way to tell from the GC itself?

Thanks

Thanks Bob,

I guess so. I got it about 3 years after I was married and my wife petitioned or sponsored or whatever it was, for me.

If you have a GC with a 10 year expiry date on it that is a sure way of knowing that conditions were removed.