My wife's Oath Ceremony letter not received yet

waitingforcit

Registered Users (C)
Myself and my wife attended the interview on Oct 22nd. I got the Oath ceremony letter on Nov 4th for Nov 19th in Campbell, but my wife haven't received the letter yet. We are worried now. Not sure whether we have to keep waiting or contact USCIS. Please advise.

Have your wife speak to an IO over the phone or Infopass to find out whether her oath has been scheduled and letter sent out.

Family applications get processed separately so it is possible that one gets oath and the other doesn't. You could schedule an Infopass and if they tell her that she's scheduled for Nov 19th to ask them for an oath letter there and then as the original might have been lost. That's assuming she's scheduled for Nov 19th, which might not be the case. Were both of you recommended for approval? Is it possible that she got a decision cannot be made... Anyway, good luck.

In general I would say be patient, but I understand that you'll probably want to naturalize together and want to find out what's going on.

Thanks Bobsmyth and Huracan for your response.

Yes, both of us had the interview on the same day (Oct 22) and both were recommended for approval. I am planning to ask her to call the 1-800 number and talk to IO. Will they be able to tell whether the Oath letter has been sent out? I am going to wait for a day and schedule an Infopass for her if we couldn't get more information from the IO.

Thanks Bobsmyth and Huracan for your response.

Yes, both of us had the interview on the same day (Oct 22) and both were recommended for approval. I am planning to ask her to call the 1-800 number and talk to IO. Will they be able to tell whether the Oath letter has been sent out? I am going to wait for a day and schedule an Infopass for her if we couldn't get more information from the IO.

Yes, the IO will be able to tell if the oath letter was sent out. When calling USCIS, make sure you get to speak with a IO and not first line call rep.

Just talked to an IO. She said her case is approved but oath date is not assigned yet. It might take some more time for the officer to assign the date. What do you suggest? Wait or get an Infopass appointment?

Just talked to an IO. She said her case is approved but oath date is not assigned yet. It might take some more time for the officer to assign the date. What do you suggest? Wait or get an Infopass appointment?

You can try for an Infopass and see if they can schedule her for the same date. Request to speak with a supervisor if the IO at DO is not wiling to help out. Be polite, but stern..you having nothing to loose by asking.

All Thanks for all your help. We got the letter. Here is the detail update.

My wife received her Oath letter yesterday. I called the 1-800 number this Tuesday and they said her Oath is not scheduled. She went to San Jose office (Infopass) yesterday to check the status and request for Oath on the same date as mine. But she was told Oath letter has been sent out already and we got it yesterday. It is on 19th on different timings.

It is on 19th on different timings.

Assuming both of you are in Campbell, my experience is that they will have both your paperwork ready with them even for the first ceremony, so you can request them to accommodate the 2nd person along with the first ... as long as that works for you.