My Visa expired 10 days ago WHAT DO I DO NOW? NEED HELP PLZ

chaminda

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

I have U.S passport and have entered my home country before to visit my family, and this time i had over stayed 90 days of period due to my treatment is taking place. on visa it says NUMBER OF VISITS ALLOWED=2, this is my 2nd one in fact DURATION OF STAY=90 DAYS, which i have overpassed it like 10 days ago, it also says

DATE OF ISSUE 23 SEPT 2008,

GOOD FOR JOURNEY UPTO 22 SEPT 2009

now what do i do i really need some help, will the authority in my home country will be okay with this? wat about at port of entry in u.s will i face any problem even i have u.s passport but overstayed atleast 12 days over my 90 day visit due to my medical treatment?

PLEASE HELP!

Hello guys,

I have U.S passport and have entered my home country before to visit my family, and this time i had over stayed 90 days of period due to my treatment is taking place. on visa it says NUMBER OF VISITS ALLOWED=2, this is my 2nd one in fact DURATION OF STAY=90 DAYS, which i have overpassed it like 10 days ago, it also says

now what do i do i really need some help, will the authority in my home country will be okay with this? wat about at port of entry in u.s will i face any problem even i have u.s passport but overstayed atleast 12 days over my 90 day visit due to my medical treatment?

PLEASE HELP!

You are fine with US authorities. Remember, Visa rules are enforced by the issuing country, not countries of person's citizenship. Americans commit visa violation in most countries too, but the US could care less about those issue. In your case, worry about your home country yanking you when you leave, only if they are strict on enforcing their visa laws. Coming back to the US will be a smooth sailing...:D

Al Southner thanks for your reply but who do i need to contact regarding this to confrim, if it'll be okay to leave from my home country?

so does a written statement from doctor will do the job explaning i had to stay for additional 10-15 days extra due to my medical treatment? and so them at the ticketing counter or customs?

Oh ya Triple Citizen...
So the US is not your home country?

I think i am seeking help here like everyone else is..but your reply doesn't answer anything "USELESS" but thats okay;) To take your misunderstanding away, I am U.S citizen through naturlization, that means my birth place is differ den U.S:)

Al Southner thanks for your reply but who do i need to contact regarding this to confrim, if it'll be okay to leave from my home country?

so does a written statement from doctor will do the job explaning i had to stay for additional 10-15 days extra due to my medical treatment? and so them at the ticketing counter or customs?

Oh ya Triple Citizen...

I think i am seeking help here like everyone else is..but your reply doesn't answer anything "USELESS" but thats okay;) To take your misunderstanding away, I am U.S citizen through naturlization, that means my birth place is differ den U.S:)
Triple is being sarcastic.

To answer your question, like al said you will be fine with US authorities. But the country you are in ... no body can answer that unless you tell what country it is. Every country's laws and rules are different.

Hello guys,

PLEASE HELP!

Why are you getting medical help outside the US? We have the best medical system in the world.. up here in the US.. dont you know? Universal coverage alright? Whats your home country anyways?

Go to your home country immigration/home affairs office. Hope they dont deport you. Or get a lawyer to figure it out for you.. usually short overstays are no biggie. Especially if you have a solid medical reason.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Triple Citizen
One way of looking at it.

lolzz attn seeker:D

myredskins
Why are you getting medical help outside the US? We have the best medical system in the world.. up here in the US.. dont you know? Universal coverage alright? Whats your home country anyways?

Go to your home country immigration/home affairs office. Hope they dont deport you. Or get a lawyer to figure it out for you.. usually short overstays are no biggie. Especially if you have a solid medical reason.........

I got into a car accident :mad: ya buddy i know univ coverage lolz hmm not here where i am. thanks for your advice :eek: