• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My story

where's the source of your information, newbie?

Dodging my question again! Nice move. As for my source of information, simple! Where I said "EVERYONE who is eligible for the Lottery can take part."

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/1318-DV2012Instructions-ENGL.pdf
- To enter the DV lottery, you must be a native of one of the listed countries. See List Of Countries By Region Whose Natives Qualify.
- To enter the lottery, you must meet either the education or work experience requirement of the DV program

So in that pdf, it stated whoever meets the requirement can apply. Now where's your source of information, sweetheart? :) (I joined the forum earlier than you, by the way, so you are newer than me!)

Hi EternalHope! Our stories are very similar. I was undocumented just like you before I won the DV 2011. I came to this country when I was 7 years old, in 1994, on a visitor Visa. Before we arrived to this country, my citizen grandfather was suppose to have filed for us but he unfortunately died. So in 1998, my Aunt filed a petition for my father (her brother). I was 11 at the time. The priority date did not reach until 2009 when I was 22 years old and AGED OUT of the petition. It was extremely depressing to watch my parents and younger sister receive their greencard while I was stuck going to college and unable to work real jobs. Eventually, my dad filed a petition on my behalf, but that meant I would have to wait 7 years for a green card. I looked for other options. My bf promised to marry me, but changed his mind when he realized that a married between us would never work. He was right. So basically for a year I walked around aimlessly and depressed. Until May 6th, 2010, when my life was changed and I received a letter saying I won the DV 2011. The AOS process wasn't that smooth for me (If you read the 'DV2011 AOS only' thread you will find more info) but it was eventually smoothed out and now I sit here today with a green card and without the heavy burden on my shoulders. What I'm getting at is, you have to believe that one day you situation will change. Make the best of it and realize that IT WILL CHANGE.

I wish you all the best of luck. And I hope you're extremely happy on July 15th!

people who get selected for further processing of DV2012 will have much higher chances.
1. There will be lot of folks who no longer has a confirmation number to check their status on July 15th as they have
trashed
those information
2. There will be lot of folks who did not save their confirmation numbers from the day 1
3. There will be number of people who still wait for a NL by mail

Great story! I'm happy for you because you truly deserved it!

Hi EternalHope! Our stories are very similar. I was undocumented just like you before I won the DV 2011. I came to this country when I was 7 years old, in 1994, on a visitor Visa. Before we arrived to this country, my citizen grandfather was suppose to have filed for us but he unfortunately died. So in 1998, my Aunt filed a petition for my father (her brother). I was 11 at the time. The priority date did not reach until 2009 when I was 22 years old and AGED OUT of the petition. It was extremely depressing to watch my parents and younger sister receive their greencard while I was stuck going to college and unable to work real jobs. Eventually, my dad filed a petition on my behalf, but that meant I would have to wait 7 years for a green card. I looked for other options. My bf promised to marry me, but changed his mind when he realized that a married between us would never work. He was right. So basically for a year I walked around aimlessly and depressed. Until May 6th, 2010, when my life was changed and I received a letter saying I won the DV 2011. The AOS process wasn't that smooth for me (If you read the 'DV2011 AOS only' thread you will find more info) but it was eventually smoothed out and now I sit here today with a green card and without the heavy burden on my shoulders. What I'm getting at is, you have to believe that one day you situation will change. Make the best of it and realize that IT WILL CHANGE.

I wish you all the best of luck. And I hope you're extremely happy on July 15th!