my SON is born while my application is pending

shaid

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My son is born while my application is pending. Do I need to send this new information to DOS to update my file?

thanks,

Hi,

My son is born while my application is pending. Do I need to send this new information to DOS to update my file?

thanks,

If you mentioned in the application that there is pregnancy (with the right gestational age) and you included a picture from the sonar, I think this will be enough especially if it is single pregnancy. The situation is completely different if the pregnace is twin.

If you mentioned in the application that there is pregnancy (with the right gestational age) and you included a picture from the sonar, I think this will be enough especially if it is single pregnancy. The situation is completely different if the pregnace is twin.

I did not mention about the pregnancy in the application as I did not find any option in the application form.

Your post does not make it clear, are you the father or mother of the child?
If you are the father of the child and the child is born to the sponsor mother in the US, you really do not need to inform anyone until the interview when you can update your forms.

They are teasing you, shaid. This is because you are overreacting.

The application is valid according to the date on which you signed it. If the information on the application for a J-1 waiver was correct on the date you signed it, then that's all there is to it. That's number 1.

Number 2 is that your new child (congrats by the way) is a US citizen by birth, and this whole J visa process does not apply to him anyway. So just don't worry about it. Even if the form asks you to list all your children, see number 1 above.