My priority date is current. what happens now?

FunkyCatSpangky

Registered Users (C)
my LPR mom sponsored for my USA Green card.

My priority date became current a few days ago.

What will happen now?

Will USCIS mail some package/instruction to my lawyer?

:confused:

my LPR mom sponsored for my USA Green card.

My priority date became current a few days ago.

What will happen now?

Will USCIS mail some package/instruction to my lawyer?

I just like the username, funkycatspanky....:D:D:D I think that very nice and creative...hanky spanky master...:p

I am outside the USA.

I am thinking of using consular processing as I understand that it takes the shortest time?

So now, does USCIS send the documents/instructions to my lawyer?

or what?

You can only use CP unless you have, say, H1 visa to come in. It's strange though, because as far as I know several months before PD becomes current the center should send you all package directly with forms and all. And your mom should do affidavit. I never did CP, so hopefully some people will pitch in about who you have to contact.

what is the meaning of retrogression?

will retrogression be able to affect me even after my priority date has become current?

now that my priority date has become current, is there any way where my wait time will be extended before I get my GC?

You can only use CP unless you have, say, H1 visa to come in. It's strange though, because as far as I know several months before PD becomes current the center should send you all package directly with forms and all. And your mom should do affidavit. I never did CP, so hopefully some people will pitch in about who you have to contact.

my lawyer never told me anything so I think he never received any forms.

what happens now?