My Oath Experience ...

mustafa34kc

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys … I am officially a United States Citizen now. I want to thank every one of you for all your help and support guiding me through my journey to become a U.S. citizen. I will be for ever grateful.
I am sure everyone wants to know how the ceremony went, so here you go. The ceremony started around 11:30. I arrived at the court house around 11 AM and walked in with my friend who was already waiting for me. We went to one of t he jury’s room and waited. About 11:50, the USCIS adjudication officer welcomed us, explained how the process will work. After she was done, we were asked to go next door to hand in our oath letter, and green card, pick up the certificates and sign them. They did not ask us to practice the signature before signing the certificate. As some of you might know about the citation I received from the city for a housing violation, I had two different versions of the oath letter with me. One with question 4 answered NO and one answered YES. I have explained to the IO the matter and showed him the paid receipt. He did not even look at the ticket or the receipt. He just asked me to turn the letter with the YES answer and just right a small explanation next to it, which I did.
After the signing was done, they asked the applicants to proceed to the court room, while the friends and family waited in the room. Once all the applicants made it to the room, the adjudication officer explained how the process works. She would call our names, we have to stand up say what country we are from and then sit down.
After all the practice was done and the family members brought in, the judge walked in. He made a very nice speech for about 15 minutes, and then they started the ceremony by introducing the applicants like explained above. After that, we took the pledge of allegiance. After the pledge, two people talked about voter registration and applying for passport. After that, the judge made a final speech, and then he came down from the bench and handed out the certificates.
All through out the ceremony, taking pictures and video was allowed. People even took pictures with the judge.
That is my experience through out the oath ceremony. Best of luck for everyone who is waiting for his ceremony. At some points through out my whole process which took almost 13 years from the start. My advice to everyone is to be persistent, never give up and be patient. No matter what obstacles hit you during the journey, do not panic for sure.

Thank you all for your help and support especially Lazycis, Jefflkorn, and Cregan .. You guys ROCK:D. I want to also extend my thanks to Bobsmyth, Immigrant, New Hope, Mohd_Mizzou and all the other who were very supportive

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys … I am officially a United States Citizen now. I want to thank every one of you for all your help and support guiding me through my journey to become a U.S. citizen. I will be for ever grateful.
I am sure everyone wants to know how the ceremony went, so here you go. The ceremony started around 11:30. I arrived at the court house around 11 AM and walked in with my friend who was already waiting for me. We went to one of t he jury’s room and waited. About 11:50, the USCIS adjudication officer welcomed us, explained how the process will work. After she was done, we were asked to go next door to hand in our oath letter, and green card, pick up the certificates and sign them. They did not ask us to practice the signature before signing the certificate. As some of you might know about the citation I received from the city for a housing violation, I had two different versions of the oath letter with me. One with question 4 answered NO and one answered YES. I have explained to the IO the matter and showed him the paid receipt. He did not even look at the ticket or the receipt. He just asked me to turn the letter with the YES answer and just right a small explanation next to it, which I did.
After the signing was done, they asked the applicants to proceed to the court room, while the friends and family waited in the room. Once all the applicants made it to the room, the adjudication officer explained how the process works. She would call our names, we have to stand up say what country we are from and then sit down.
After all the practice was done and the family members brought in, the judge walked in. He made a very nice speech for about 15 minutes, and then they started the ceremony by introducing the applicants like explained above. After that, we took the pledge of allegiance. After the pledge, two people talked about voter registration and applying for passport. After that, the judge made a final speech, and then he came down from the bench and handed out the certificates.
All through out the ceremony, taking pictures and video was allowed. People even took pictures with the judge.
That is my experience through out the oath ceremony. Best of luck for everyone who is waiting for his ceremony. At some points through out my whole process which took almost 13 years from the start. My advice to everyone is to be persistent, never give up and be patient. No matter what obstacles hit you during the journey, do not panic for sure.

Thank you all for your help and support especially Lazycis, Jefflkorn, and Cregan .. You guys ROCK:D. I want to also extend my thanks to Bobsmyth, Immigrant, New Hope, Mohd_Mizzou and all the other who were very supportive

Big Congrats Mustafa!

Congratulations Mustafa !!!

Congratulations! :) Glad to hear that the citation for yard waste was a non-issue. I wonder what would have happened if you didn't pay the fine. Could you please kindly give up your citizenship, apply for a new N-400 get a new city fine between interview and oath and don't pay the fine, and see what happens? ;)

Congratulations! :) Glad to hear that the citation for yard waste was a non-issue. I wonder what would have happened if you didn't pay the fine. Could you please kindly give up your citizenship, apply for a new N-400 get a new city fine between interview and oath and don't pay the fine, and see what happens? ;)
Thank you Huracan ...I am glad it is all over with and I do not have to worry about it it any more. I am glad I took the correct route and disclosed the ticket for sure. That was the right thing to do for sure. The IO reaction to the type the citation was funny..he was like Oh NO and laughed at it.

Congratulations big man. That was so beautiful tears came down my cheeks man.
I am going next friday for interview.

Thank you for sharing and please come back regularly to help others with your experience. It sure helps.
Thank you Nelsonyiga ..it was a very touching ceremony. Good luck with your interview and best of wishes :D