My NAME CHECK cleared, GURUS please read on

Captain,
This is outstanding! Congratulations! You are almost out of the woods. I remember how disappointed you were just a few weeks ago after the letter.
This does lend credence to the theory that regardless of getting the 'in process' letter, the fact that a request goes from the WH to the DoJ might suffice to get the dust lifted off your name check request. I got the exact same letter you did about a week or two later. So, I'll give it another couple of weeks and find out what my name check status is, and if it miraculously clears, then we can state for certain that the theory checks out.
As others have suggested, get a service request in immediately. Moreover, try calling the TSC, although thats a crap shoot. What I'd recommend is to stay with the congressional office to get them involved in the situation, they can contact the service center congressional liaison and get this moving in the right direction. If all goes well, your next jubilant post should be that you got email from CRIS about an approval notice being sent.

ks_cc,

Thank you!

I hope your case will be resolved soon too (although as I said before I still need a concrete information regarding my name check clearance)..

And I agree with you (and with Akayal and Antonio of course) that even when you get the in process letter it moves some stones and removes the dust on your case....

So lets hope for the best for all.

Name Check Cleared Following the FBI Pending letter

I sent the assistance letter to FL, VP, two senators on 1st week of Feb. Following up on this letter, I got the letter from USCIS by end of March saying in response to the VP letter saying because of my back groud check pending we are unable to process your case, immediate after getting the security check report from FBI we will process your case ASAP. Two days later I received a letter from FBI in response to the FL letter saying your security check is pending and it needs manual analysis needed so we couldn't give any ETA for completing this process.

After almost two months, I got a letter yesterday from one of the senator mentioning that my name check was completed on May 10th. I have done my 2nd FP (Code 1) on May 12th. But Still I am not seeing any LUD on my case. I am going to wait for another 1 month, if no changes then I am thinking to expedite my case to USCIS ombudsman attaching all these letters. Hope this helps.

PD: Oct 1998
I485 RD: 06/2004
FP1: Mar/2005
FP2: May 12, 2007 (Code 1)
Applied 4 EADs and 4 APs.

But I believe, really FL helps to expedite the background check clearance in FBI.

Hello everyone,

As I said before I will call the TSC tomorrow morning to see whether what I learned from the Senator's voice mail is correct and whether my name check is cleared.

However, even I learn it for sure that my name check is cleared, I start seeing some people in this board whose name's are cleared long long ago (like 2 years ago sometimes!!!!!!) and they still wait for approval!

I am hoping that there is no other hurdle after the name is cleared.

Hello everyone,

As I said before I will call the TSC tomorrow morning to see whether what I learned from the Senator's voice mail is correct and whether my name check is cleared.

However, even I learn it for sure that my name check is cleared, I start seeing some people in this board whose name's are cleared long long ago (like 2 years ago sometimes!!!!!!) and they still wait for approval!

I am hoping that there is no other hurdle after the name is cleared.

Hello Captain,
Please post once you've had a chance to call the TSC. Hopefully you got to speak to someone who'd be able to answer the name check question rather than having to schedule an Infopass.
I'm also hoping that my case follows the trend, where like you and a few other folks who've reported getting the "In Process" letter from the FBI, only to have the dust blown off their file and have the name check cleared a month or so after getting the aforementioned letter. Since I was a few weeks behind you in that regard, I think I'll give it another week or so before I try and determine where my name check is at. At this point my fear is being disappointed, so I've been procrastinating calling TSC using the PoJ or scheduling an Infopass. Fingers crossed.

Please let me know how to check NAME CHECK

Dear GURUS

I really don't know how to check my case status w.r.t NAME CHECK ?
I call TSC customer service but they do not have any information.

Please let me know how to check my NAME CHECK status? Any format letter to SENATOR OFfice is also highly appreciated.

My PD is Aug 2002 / EB-3 /India and my case moved recently from VSC to TSC.

Thanks !

Update

Hello everybody,

I did not write anything yesterday, because I could now call the service yesterday.

I was able to call them this morning (5 min ago) and YESS I was able to confirm that my name check is finalized and it shows up in their system... I asked the lady what can I expect next?

She says that my application is in the area (I do not know what that means) and once the fingerprints are active the agents will start working on them. I also reminded that just 2 weeks ago I gave my second fingerprints...She also acknowledge that they got the results of the fingerprints...

And she said to wait about a month and call if I do not hear anything...

This is all for now. I wanted to update you guys... I know everybody is looking for an additional single bit of information :(

Congrats Captain!
I had the similar situation with the FBI reply two months ago that my case is under processing. I dont know though whether they complete it or not by now. Calling to TSC and infopases gives contradictory results.

Did you have any LUD's since you made your second FP's???

Hello everybody,

I did not write anything yesterday, because I could now call the service yesterday.

I was able to call them this morning (5 min ago) and YESS I was able to confirm that my name check is finalized and it shows up in their system... I asked the lady what can I expect next?

She says that my application is in the area (I do not know what that means) and once the fingerprints are active the agents will start working on them. I also reminded that just 2 weeks ago I gave my second fingerprints...She also acknowledge that they got the results of the fingerprints...

This is all for now. I wanted to update you guys... I know everybody is looking for an additional single bit of information :(

captain ,

congrats, happy for you. please add a signature. go to the top left of this page and click on user cp and add a signature. it will help people know ur case history. thanks.

I'm in the same boat as captainv1234 and several other folks (wrote to FL just to receive a "name check is in process" letter from FBI). Anyway, I just called TSC today using POJ method and was able to speak to a nice lady. She said that my name check was done and asked if I had a 2nd fingerprint (I did) and then said all I need to do is wait for a visa number to become available. I told her that the visa availability should be current for my category, and she said everything was done and I just have to wait.

I want to believe that my name check is done, even though other folks on this forum have doubted the credibility of TSC officers regarding name check status. I will try to confirm this through congressional representatives. Will keep you guys posted. Good luck to everyone!

Hello everybody,

I'm in the same boat as captainv1234 and several other folks (wrote to FL just to receive a "name check is in process" letter from FBI). Anyway, I just called TSC today using POJ method and was able to speak to a nice lady. She said that my name check was done and asked if I had a 2nd fingerprint (I did) and then said all I need to do is wait for a visa number to become available. I told her that the visa availability should be current for my category, and she said everything was done and I just have to wait.

I want to believe that my name check is done, even though other folks on this forum have doubted the credibility of TSC officers regarding name check status. I will try to confirm this through congressional representatives. Will keep you guys posted. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats nycor!
I called TSC this morning too and spoke with a nice lady. Unfortunately, like you, I had got the same in process letter at the end of April, but according to her my name check still says pending. Fingers crossed.

nycor how did you use POJ for a transfer case. I tried using this trick substituting the EAC# for SRC but did not get through. I used the following number and sequence:

TSC, dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then 1-1-3-4

Am I doing something wrong?

nycor how did you use POJ for a transfer case. I tried using this trick substituting the EAC# for SRC but did not get through. I used the following number and sequence:

Sydney
The system's been rewired to redirect EAC numbers to the TSC, you don't need to sub the EAC for SRC.

Sydney, I tried POJ for the first time today. At the first try, somehow it didn't work. Then I tried again and it worked. I typed "EAC" followed by the receipt number, waited for the voice, then typed 1-1-3-4 quickly in succession. Hope this helps!

Thanks ks_cc. I guess we should believe it only when the card is in our hand. Good luck with your name check!

Congrats nycor!
I called TSC this morning too and spoke with a nice lady. Unfortunately, like you, I had got the same in process letter at the end of April, but according to her my name check still says pending. Fingers crossed.

Thanks ks_cc. I guess we should believe it only when the card is in our hand. Good luck with your name check!

Thanks. I appreciate it and kudos to you for having been as patient with them as you have. I've been stuck since April of 2006, and you had been in limbo much longer, so hats off to you.

thanks for the responses. i managed to get through. the lady did not give me specifics but did indicate that they are waiting for all the information to come in before adjudicating - which I assume means the NC is stillpending.

Hey guys

Today I got a letter from FBI referring to the letter I sent to FL 45 days ago, I got the same thing " Still in process" and they cant tell me when it will be finished, my case is pending as of 5-Nov-04, this is the date USCIS send my name to FBI, please let me know if you get any info I hope mine gets approved in the next couple of months.
I also asked the congressman for his help they have not recieved any info from FBI yet, wish me luck

Hopeless

My husband and I both stuck in the name check since June 2004, we tried through Senator, no luck. Just sent letter to FL, not sure if it will work. Just feel so hopeless and frustrated. :(

Called USCIS/TSC today and received following response.
Security Check: Pending (myself, Wife, 4 Children)
FP 2: For update purpose
Attorney of file: Should only contact for the cases (6 Cases).
Rep Attitude: Sirrrrr..., Sirrrr..., I CA'NT, I CAN NOT, Sirrr... (Very unsatisfactory responses) even unanswered very important question.
Disconnected.

Then called my attorney of cases: Irresponsible creature, have no clue whats going on with the cases, instead of discussing the issues attorney started talking "INVOICES" that have already been paid long time ago.

So, no sign of relief. I hope couple of more years to wait... lets get back to work. One thing for sure, US-CIS has plan for us, wait & see.
Goodluck everbody.