My NAME CHECK cleared, GURUS please read on

Name Check Cleared!

Folks,
I'm pretty happy to report that my 14 month pending name check has been cleared. I had sent a letter to the First Lady's office back in February and got a letter from the FBI in the last week of April stating that the name check was "in progress". My Senator's office had initiated an inquiry with the FBI back in March and today I recevied an email from the Senator's office stating that my name check was cleared on 05/22 and sent back to the USCIS.
Whew...

Congrats!! Despite skepticism the FL route seems to work after all. Hope you'll get approved soon.

Folks,
I'm pretty happy to report that my 14 month pending name check has been cleared. I had sent a letter to the First Lady's office back in February and got a letter from the FBI in the last week of April stating that the name check was "in progress". My Senator's office had initiated an inquiry with the FBI back in March and today I recevied an email from the Senator's office stating that my name check was cleared on 05/22 and sent back to the USCIS.
Whew...

Ks Cc

Congrats and thanks for the update, news like this give us hope I hope my name check gets cleared too (almost after 36 months).
Would you please tell me the date you got the mail from FBI?
Just wanna know how long after their "in progress mail" you get cleared.

thanks

Congrats and thanks for the update, news like this give us hope I hope my name check gets cleared too (almost after 36 months).
Would you please tell me the date you got the mail from FBI?
Just wanna know how long after their "in progress mail" you get cleared.

thanks

neright,
Hang in there bud. Trust me, my hopes were rapidly dwindling, but this has put the wind back in my sails. I got the 'in progress' letter from the DoJ/FBI on April 26th or 27th. I believe it was dated April 22nd...so a month after that my name check was finalized. I do believe the tipping point was my letter to the WH. So definitely, thank you Mrs. Bush.

Thanks nycor, and ditto! I hope all of us get some green pretty darn soon.

Ks_cc:

Congratulations on jumping the hurdle. I have aquestion. Last month I sent a letter to FL to expediate name check, but did not attach FOIPA along with it. Will this be a problem? Please comment.

nathanss

Ks_cc:

Congratulations on jumping the hurdle. I have aquestion. Last month I sent a letter to FL to expediate name check, but did not attach FOIPA along with it. Will this be a problem? Please comment.

nathanss

Hello nathanss,
Thanks...I appreciate your good wishes.
I did not attach the FOIPA when I sent my letter to the FL. From what I've seen, I believe that most of the folks who did do so, received a letter from the Feds stating that their NC was cleared...others, such as myself, got an "in progress" letter, but their NC was cleared a few weeks after (exactly a month for me).
About a couple of weeks ago, I postulated that this could be attributed to the fact that the FOIPA may make it easier for the NNCP division to retrieve your records when they get a letter from the White House, whereas, letters from folks devoid of the FOIPA might be subject to wait since the agents might have to request the information from a different department within the FBI. Given the size, scale and vast nature of their operations, this might be why it takes about a month for folks who get in-progress letter to get feedback that their NCs cleared.
Again, just my theory...it might not hold water. Mysterious are the ways.

captainv1234,
Can you give post details on how to contact Senetor and format of the document. Unfortunately my name check is not cleared yet.

ks_cc:

Congrats. Glad that the FL route worked for you as well.

Letter to the FL worked for me as well. FBI recvd letter from FL on May 4 and cleared my NC on May 5. Thanks to everyone in this forum and all the best to ALL who are waiting for approval.

Gurus, What is letter to FL means??? my name check is also stuck. Please advise.

Openarms,

FL stands for First Lady, Mrs. Laura Bush. A lot of individuals stuck in the name check process for an inordinate amount of time have written to her requesting assistance with their pending checks. Her office has been quite receptive. They forward the letter to the Department of Justice, which in turn forwards the same to the FBI's name check division. About three months after you send the White House a letter, you can expect to get a letter from the FBI regarding your name check and what the status of the check is. You can also choose to obtain the same information or assistance by contacting your US Senators or the Congressperson for your congressional district, although it's always beneficial to undertake all three. Draft a letter asking for help and mail it to the First Lady, the Congressperson and the Senator.
Search for templates around in this forum and you'll find quite a few of them.

Contacting FL works:)

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I recd a letter from FBI today stating the results have been submitted to USCIS. I sent a letter to FL in last week of march by regular mail and didnot attach any documents. It got approved after almost 30 mths.Can anyone tell me what should be my next step?
I would really appreciate.
Thanks in advance

Thanks a ton akayal. I see that your last LUD was on the 15th. Did you initiate a service request to spur the center into action?

I did call the TSC recently - I was told that my case is "ready for adjudication", whatever that means! The officer said she was going to "e-mail the supervisor". Of course, this is all verbal . . .

I also contacted my senator and congressman recently - haven't gotten a response as yet.

Perhaps, I should initiate a service request as well through regular USCIS customer service channels.

Meanings for FOIP and WOM ?

Guys,

I have been visiting this forum since a number of years, but did not post anythhing yet. I am also stuck in name check and it is still pending. I have contacted my local congressman and the last message I have received from them is that CIS was going to send me my second finger printing notice, but I haven't received it.

I am trying to explore other options as writing to first lady and others. I would like to know does FOIP mean as I hae seen it on the template letter and other notes in this forum. Also, what is WOM?

Here are my info.

Category: EB3
I140/485 filed: 09/2004
I140 Approved: 03/2006
I485: Pending :mad:
FP: 06/2005

Openarms,

FL stands for First Lady, Mrs. Laura Bush. A lot of individuals stuck in the name check process for an inordinate amount of time have written to her requesting assistance with their pending checks. Her office has been quite receptive. They forward the letter to the Department of Justice, which in turn forwards the same to the FBI's name check division. About three months after you send the White House a letter, you can expect to get a letter from the FBI regarding your name check and what the status of the check is. You can also choose to obtain the same information or assistance by contacting your US Senators or the Congressperson for your congressional district, although it's always beneficial to undertake all three. Draft a letter asking for help and mail it to the First Lady, the Congressperson and the Senator.
Search for templates around in this forum and you'll find quite a few of them.