MY N600 UPDATE INFORMATION

UPDATE

I got a letter 3 months ago saying receipt for N600 application November 27, 2015 now the online status saying.......

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On February 7, 2016, we received your Form N-600, Application for a Certificate of Citizenship, Receipt Number NBC....... , at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address.

I don't know should I be worried cause are they gonna just reject my application?...

I'm 35 years old born out wedlock my father became a US citizen in 1989 I got my green card from him two years later my mom died in 1994 back home she never made it to US.

Documents sent with N600 application :

1. My green card

2. My original Birth certificate with (translation)

3. My mother death certificate it issued a month before I sent in my application with (translation)

4. My father certificate of citizenship

5. Affidavit from to people with they certificate of citizenship

Any chance uscis ask for more information cause I only have my dad Birth certificate and US passport left to show ....

OR CAN I JUST APPLY FOR A PASSPORT WITH THE SAME DOCUMENTS CAUSE I NEED TO LEAVE THE COUNTY FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH MY JOB IN APRIL AND I DON'T WANNA LEAVE WITHOUT A US PASSPORT... SOMEONE HELLLLLLLLP ME PLEASE

OK i decided to roll the dice and send the passport application this morning however they took over 30 mins going over the documents at the clerk office, and then Finally gave them the 200 dollar for expedite and a 25 dollar application fee. the guy told me i should get my passport in the mail March 1st that's like 3 weeks from today.

I am interested to find out if they returned your green card after passport processing.
If not, what happens when USCIS asks for the green card to be turned in for the Cert of Citizenship N600?

Status update!!! Just checked today and saw my case status changed from being at my local office to this:

On February 26, 2016, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-600, Application for a Certificate of Citizenship, Receipt Number ...... We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

I don't know if it's because I contacted my congresswoman last week that has anything to do with this, but it's moving now!!

Status update!!! Just checked today and saw my case status changed from being at my local office to this:

On February 26, 2016, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-600, Application for a Certificate of Citizenship, Receipt Number ...... We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

I don't know if it's because I contacted my congresswoman last week that has anything to do with this, but it's moving now!!

What is your N600 timeline?
When did you mail in the application and when did it get transferred to your local office (and what office is that?)
SO EXCITED FOR YOU! And so many questions for you too :)

My application arrived at my local office on July 10th, I sent it in about 3 weeks prior to that. So june until now... Today is the actual date that it updated my status, I've been checking everyday! If you do have any questions, feel free to ask. It's thanks to this forum that I applied for my passport while waiting for my N600 to be approved. As for my local office, I believe it's Santa Ana, ca or Los Angeles, Ca.

Wow, that took 7.5 months from local office to next update. That is seriously depressing especially since the USCIS processing times show it as 5 months for Los Angeles, CA.
Please update when you get your interview date and after. There are so few of us N600 people compared to all the other applications. Thanks!

I just read on uscis' website and it says that not all N-600 applicants need to be interviewed. Kind of scary, although I have my passport already... I'll keep you guys posted.

That's great finally an update, they probably gonna ask you to bring all the original documents to the interview so they can go over it. Am sure you qualify for the N600.

I finally received my passport today sent passport app the 11th got it today. now waiting for the passport card and all the original documents cause am sure am gonna need them for my cert app interview. Although I have the passport it still doesn't feel right just yet.

Congrats!! Seriously though, I the passport was all I needed. I traveled out of the country the moment I got it! You're right though, I want something that doesn't expire and I don't want to look for all my documents again if I happen to lose my passport... Congrats again!!!

Congrats!! Seriously though, I the passport was all I needed. I traveled out of the country the moment I got it! You're right though, I want something that doesn't expire and I don't want to look for all my documents again if I happen to lose my passport... Congrats again!!!

Thank you.... I remember explaining my situation to you from one of your other thread and you told me i should be good And decided to rolled the dice... So thank you

Yeah, that's what's supposed to happen. But, when I show up to USCIS for the interview and they ask me for the GC that I don't have anymore, I hope it won't be a problem. I know I can bring my letter from DoS stating that they sent my GC to USCIS, but I know our agencies tend to lose paperwork all the time and the letter from DoS can be easily made by anyone. It's a very simple letterhead... Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted. Glad you went to the clerk to apply for the passport and not the USPS, they wasted my time TWICE and made me feel hopeless. It's only thanks to this forum that I tried a third time at the county clerk. Therefore, I'm here to help if I can!

The first passport you first used with the visa stamped to enter the US should work with the DoS letter to. hopefully you made copies back and front of your GC take all that with you to the interview, someone I know did it and it worked. The interview letter gonna tell you what to bring, Bring all that you can to the interview school records or anything.

I don't have a copy of the front and back of my GC.. Hopefully that won't be an issue, considering that the DoS sent my original GC to USCIS! Then again, they are so unorganized so that might not be on their record. Anyhow, I'll bring all my documents that I sent in for my passport, along with the letter from DoS stating that they sent my GC to USCIS and my US Passport. They should be able to work with that, if not, our agencies really need to be fixed to keep track of documents and have a system to work with each other more closely. If I do not get my CoC this time, I'll just give up and keep on renewing my Passport. I've never been so anxious about this than anything else before. I'm only so anxious because I've been in trouble with the law before. I've been good for more than 10 years and don't plan to cause anymore trouble, but if this N-600 application gets denied, I'll just stick with renewing my passport.

Hopefully not. Am not sure why would they denied your N600 app, good moral character only for the N400 app so don't worry about your background with the law. My step brother went to prison did 3 years almost got deported until they realized he derived citizenship. They gave him the cert of citizenship for free in prison.