My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

poursarr said:
Will my case be routed to the Atlanta district office?

Yes - Atlanta DO will have your case.

And... I don't think there is any "hold up" in your case. There was only one person (on this thread) with a March date who has recieved interview notice. The latest other that I am aware of was a Feb 19th date.

I'm sure (well, sure is too strong a word) you will recieve your notice soon.

But, please let us know when you get your interview notice!

-Ocelot

Priority Date : 03/20/2004
Finger print : 04/21/2004
Interview notice date: 02/01/2005
Interview Date : 02/28/05
Oath ceremony date-waiting...

Thanks!

Thank you for the clarifications on my interview letter question. I guess I just will have to wait for the letter now.

One more question, does the Atlanta INS office do oath ceremonies on the same day as the interview if all docs are in order and name check is cleared?

poursarr

Re:

My N-400 details:

DO: Atlanta
Priority Date : 03/23/2004
Finger print : 05/17/2004
Still waiting.........

Called the 800 number for BCIS. Get an automated message saying that the application takes between 750-900 days to process. Looks pretty grim :(

Lamp said:
Priority Date : 03/20/2004
Finger print : 04/21/2004
Interview notice date: 02/01/2005
Interview Date : 02/28/05
Oath ceremony date-waiting...

Wow!

For Atlanta, you're moving fast!

Lamp, Can you tell us if there is anything unusual about your case or the way you handled it?

Thanks,

-Ocelot

Completed the Interview

I finished my interview today in Atlanta. It went very smooth. The interviewing officer said that they are not conducting the same day oath ceremonies and gave me the Notice for Oath Ceremony for April 8th.

I applied for the Citizenship during the the first week of Feb, 2004.

Done with the interview

Here is my timeline

My priority date is Feb 19 2004
Fingerprints sometime in April 2004
Interview letter mailed on 28 Feb 2005
Interview completed today (April 19 2005)
- it was done in 10 min, officer was cordial and very efficient.
She verified my passport, greencard, drivers license and
info on the application.
Asked if i filed my taxes, etc. Took copies of passport
Asked me to sign the 2 photos i submitted with the app
- no new photos needed.
- 10 history questions were from the list of 100
Who is vice president
Who is the governer of your state
What is the name of the ship that brought pilgrims to America
Who has the power to declare war
What is constitution
What are the colors of the flag
What are the first 10 amendments to the constitution called
etc.
- I passed the test, and my file is sent for review. They cannot tell
when I would be receiving the oath letter, but it could be soon

Waiting for the oath letter

Thanks for letting us know padmaG.

So about 14 months to interview.....

Definitely time to move to Harlingen Texas.

Congrats padmaG! i am still waiting for a decision to be made. I interviewed on 20th Apr. in ATL. A co worker of mine interviewed that same week and passed the interview. He is waiting for the oath letter. It is safe to say it the entire processs takes a total of about 13-14 months if it goes smooth from beginning to end. Longer if there are glitches.

Went to USCIS office in Atlanta today for an InfoPass Appt. to inquire as to why I still hadn't received an interview call, even though my priority date has passed. Had a 12:30pm appointment but was only called at 3:30pm. The information officer told me that they have not yet received my case from Texas Service Center! It has been over a 14 months since I applied. She asked me to fill out an Inquire Request Form and said she will send it to her supervisor, who will then send it to TSC to see if they can manually schedule my interview.

She said I should expect to receive a written response from them within 90 days. My concern is that my fingerprints expire in 75 days.

Does anyone know why TSC can hold your case and not forward it to the District Offices? Has anyone gone through a similar issue?

Thanks,
poursarr

Any luck?

bcb04 said:
My N-400 details:

DO: Atlanta
Priority Date : 03/23/2004
Finger print : 05/17/2004
Still waiting.........

Called the 800 number for BCIS. Get an automated message saying that the application takes between 750-900 days to process. Looks pretty grim :(
bcb04,
Curious if you saw your interview letter yet?

Other folks with Mar/Apr/May priority dates?

Thanks

asafbu said:
bcb04,
Curious if you saw your interview letter yet?

Other folks with Mar/Apr/May priority dates?

Thanks

Im late May, No call to interview yet. Nothing. I thought I would get to vote last November ! How wrong I was about that.

USER12345 said:
Im late May, No call to interview yet. Nothing. I thought I would get to vote last November ! How wrong I was about that.

I share your frustration. Back when I was thinking of applying Atlanta was 7 months behind and now it seems it may take over a year just to get interview letter. But if I were you I would make an InfoPass appt. just to be share everything is in order...

Good luck all!

My priority date is April 21 2004. Still no interview letter.

Maybe the Chinese guy that turned up at the Capitol a month ago dressed in black, carrying two suitcases and demanding to talk to President Bush about an immigration issue had the right idea!

Fyi

My husband got his interview letter,
his Priority date is April 4th, 2004
Interview is on June 6th, 2005

looks like the processing time is 14-15 months.

Great!

That's Great!

My W's reciept date is May 21, 2004.

Your H applied only 6-7 weeks before us.

Thank you so much for posting this!

-Ocelot

Processing seems to be moving in Atlanta. I received my interview letter yesterday.

Priority Date: 04/21/2004
Interview Letter Received: 05/16/2005
Interview Date: 06/16/2005

So again, processing time is approx. 14 months

Is your N-400 based on 3-year or 5 year residency? I am just curious if N-400 application based on marriage is any faster than employment based. And when was your FP done?