My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

Good News!

Atl-Brit said:
I received my interview letter yesterday.

Priority Date: 04/21/2004
Interview Letter Received: 05/16/2005
Interview Date: 06/16/2005

Thanks for this info!

You filed 4 weeks ahead of my wife.
She'll be glad to hear the news.

-Ocelot

Atlanta N400 Processing Date Moved

The USCIS has moved the processing date for Atlanta to March 15,2005. I don't know what to think of those dates but at least its moving.

Ocelot said:
Thanks for this info!

You filed 4 weeks ahead of my wife.
She'll be glad to hear the news.

-Ocelot
Ocelt,

I am counting on you to report to us immediately when your wife gets the interview letter. I gotta move out'a Atlanta by theend of this year and I better be finished with this godforsaken process...

Yalag

I'll let you know.

I check this forum almost every day to see if anybody reports any action from Atlanta DO. I'll certainly pass on anything I see.

-Ocelot

Oath Ceremony

I will have a few questions if you do not mind answering:
1) I heard sometimes they do same day oath ceremonies is it true? If it is true, what is it based on?
2) How long is it usually taking between the interview and the oath ceremony?
3) How many questions are being asked generally?
4) When do you give your green card? At the interview or at the oath ceremony?
5) Do they give Naturalization Certification at the Ceremony or is it mailed separately?

Thank you for your help.

storm,

Is your question specifically about Atlanta?

I have not heard of any same-day oath at Atlanta DO.

I'm assuming that my wife will have to wait for the oath after her interview in mid July.

-Ocelot

Ocelot,

Yes, my questions are about Atlanta. I have heard from some people that there are same day oath ceremonies sometimes. I do not know based on what you get the oath same day.
For those of you still waiting for interview notice here is my timeline:
Mailing of application: June 2004
Letter for interview: End of May 2005
Interview date: Mid July 2005

Have you heard about the questions being asked?
Good luck.

Hi,
My wife had her oathing ceremony in the last week of May in ATL. Here are the answers to you questions:
1) I heard sometimes they do same day oath ceremonies is it true? If it is true, what is it based on?
--Yes and no. They are not doing this currently. However, in the ceremony they said they will be starting same day oath shortly.
2) How long is it usually taking between the interview and the oath ceremony?
-- In my wife's case it took a little over a month. She had her interview on April 19th and oath on May 26th
3) How many questions are being asked generally?
-- Questions in interview came from the standard 100 questions. She was asked roughly about 15-20 I would say.
4) When do you give your green card? At the interview or at the oath ceremony?
-- Oath ceremony.
5) Do they give Naturalization Certification at the Ceremony or is it mailed separately?
-- They hand it to you at the Ceremony. You would need to send the original certificate to receive the passport.

Same day oath

They do have same day oath. My husband had his interview this week but he missed the oath ceremony by a couple of minutes(interview completed after 2 PM).

Thanks for the update, padmaG. Correction duly noted. Looks like when they said 'shortly' they meant, it would be started in June :)

midnightstorm said:
Ocelot,

Yes, my questions are about Atlanta. I have heard from some people that there are same day oath ceremonies sometimes. I do not know based on what you get the oath same day.
For those of you still waiting for interview notice here is my timeline:
Mailing of application: June 2004
Letter for interview: End of May 2005
Interview date: Mid July 2005

Have you heard about the questions being asked?
Good luck.

Wow, they processing June 2004 now. To me it seems they were stuck in Dec 2003 just couple months ago. Just curious about your Priority date. Was it end or begininning June?

Thanks

asafbu said:
Wow, they processing June 2004 now. To me it seems they were stuck in Dec 2003 just couple months ago. Just curious about your Priority date. Was it end or begininning June?

Thanks

Thank you for all of you who is trying to help. This is one of the best forums I have seen on the net.

It is the middle of June. The date they post on the USCIS website is the latest date I believe.

How long is the interview taking? 30 mins? 1 hour?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Thanks very much for news of the same day oath.
I'm sure my wife will be ecstatic! (sp?)

tobecitizen said:
Am I missing something, I still see Atlanta's Dates for N400 still to be somewhere in March 2004 and hasn't been updated since May 18th. But Texas Service Center has been updated on June 10th to reflect the newer dates.

CONFUSED!!! :confused:

service centers usually update the online progress every 2 weeks or so. the DOs usually update it about once a month. every (almost) DO is indicated the last change was May-18

New Processing date for Atlanta DO

As of today, the new date for N400 is April 9, 2004...Moving slowly... :(

-Ila

Ila said:
As of today, the new date for N400 is April 9, 2004...Moving slowly... :(

-Ila
Ila,

How do you know about April 9 date? USCIS website still showing Mar 15.

Thanks

Hmm...

asafbu said:
Ila,

How do you know about April 9 date? USCIS website still showing Mar 15.

Thanks

This is very strange...last time I checked there was update as of June 14th stating processing cases of April 9, 2004. Now I checked - and its back to May 18th....I am pretty confused myself... :confused:

Ila said:
This is very strange...last time I checked there was update as of June 14th stating processing cases of April 9, 2004. Now I checked - and its back to May 18th....I am pretty confused myself... :confused:

it is back to April 9, 2004 for Atlanta.

Also Santa Ana DO processing time line as of May 18, 2005 was for Feb 5, 2005. It gets changed back to Dec 31, 2004 today. :( :(

I wonder why the time line got moved back?? (Even thought I got my interview letter already, but I wonder why it would get moved back)

Ila said:

Strange or not... an update WAS made. PD is now April 9, 2004. Nothing new in Atlanta, they are disappointing as usual.

Yalag

PD August 29 2004